• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miroku

MightyHedgehog said:
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act was a Republican deal, but voted in by both parties, yes. I thought that the bill was also veto-proof...as in, Clinton could not have vetoed the bill successfully because he would automatically be overridden by the 2/3 majority of Congress. I don't remember if he wanted to, though.

I think Biden said recently that the Bill was slipped into a must-pass spending bill. The gramm bill was like 260 pages and nobody had time to read it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
GhaleonEB said:
Look at it this way. If someone buys them, the government will come in to bail out should they fail. So why not buy?
Ah yes, praise our Washington comrades.

Cloudy

Banned
I know you're not supposed to but I'd get my money the fuck out of Wamu.

I'm not giving up 3 months of interest (CD penalty) when I'm under the FDIC limit. Oh and no one else is giving 5% on 1-yr CDs right now :D

GhaleonEB said:
Look at it this way. If someone buys them, the government will come in to bail out should they fail. So why not buy?

Tech Ticker (Yahoo! video segment) had an excellent quote on this. Something to the effect of: "The only way to be safe in this environment is if you can bring down the rest of the financial system with you if you go down" since it's the only way the government will bail you out.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Stoney Mason said:
Tell your mom you are embarrassed by her racial and religious bigotry. That should shut her up...

Tell her the parable of the Good Samaritan and ask her if Jesus hated those who were different or foreign.

Xisiqomelir

Evlar said:
Take it from your resident liberal deep in red territory: The election is not over.

Obamaposter.jpg

EDIT: Holy shit, Repug Radio is trying to pin Gramm-Leach-Bliley on Bill? Did they not read my post of 2 days ago?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
As I watch countdown, I get the feeling that Keith has been busting nuts over all of this news as of this week. :lol

BILL CLINTON WHY ARE YOU STILL DAMNING US 8 YEARS AFTER YOU LEFT

Seriously, EVERY FUCKING THING that has gone wrong in the last 8 years was Bill Clinton's fault. He somehow managed to fuck up the future more than any President in history.

Damn you Bill Clinton. Can't believe the Republicans are taking the hits for all your stupid mistakes.

EDIT: Rothschild just called Americans rednecks

Tamanon

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
As I watch countdown, I get the feeling that Keith has been busting nuts over all of this news as of this week. :lol

Yeah he doesn't seem full of rage like Matthews was. It's a good twist for him at least, lol. I dunno if I could deal with a pissed off Matthews, pissed off Olbermann and then pissed off Stewart(who seems to be getting angrier every day)

Saint Gregory said:
Oh my, Lady Lynn is getting toasted right now :lol

Why is Barak elite?
Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild: "I know it when I see it"

Yeah you sure do...

She might as well just call him a n----- and be done with it...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Saint Gregory said:
Oh my, Lady Lynn is getting toasted right now :lol

Why is Barak elite?
Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild: "I know it when I see it"

Yeah you sure do...

She's basically the richest Hillary psycho. Also isn't she a British peer? I seem to remember us having a revolution about that.

AniHawk

So basically Republicans have been getting their asses raked over the coals by the MSM since Monday? I don't have access to a TV right now.

Jonm1010

Banned
Frank the Great said:
BILL CLINTON WHY ARE YOU STILL DAMNING US 8 YEARS AFTER YOU LEFT

Seriously, EVERY FUCKING THING that has gone wrong in the last 8 years was Bill Clinton's fault. He somehow managed to fuck up the future more than any President in history.

Damn you Bill Clinton. Can't believe the Republicans are taking the hits for all your stupid mistakes.

EDIT: Rothschild just called Americans rednecks

Get used to it, every good thing that happened under Bill was either due to Bush before him or the republican congress and everything bad after he left is all his fault. Dont worry if Obama get elected every bad thing will be his fault and every good thing will be thanks to Bush Jr.

Edit: got my names mixed up

Jonm1010 said:
Get used to it, every good thing that happened under Bill was either due to Bush before him or the republican congress and everything bad after he left is all his fault. Dont worry if Obama get elected every bad thing will be his fault and every good thing will be thanks to Clinton.

Clinton was responsible for 9/11!

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Guys, Obama is having great momentum right now. Donate 25 bucks, or 10 or 5, anything will help him. Its the lifeblood of his campaign.

You have seen McCains healthcare plan that would tax you for your company providing coverage.

You have seen McCains willingness to lie his way to the whitehouse.

And most recently you have seen the Bush/McCain/Graham economy at work this week in the failing financial markets.

Obama needs your monies to get the truth out.

AniHawk said:
So basically Republicans have been getting their asses raked over the coals by the MSM since Monday? I don't have access to a TV right now.

They have totally turned on the McCain camp. I really wonder if they thought this whole media war they started was a good idea?

AniHawk said:

Pretty much. They told the media 'fuck you' and now they are getting grilled, what a surprise. Running against the 'liberal media' only works with the Rush and Hannity fans.

Crisis

Banned
AniHawk said:

Basically. They're getting fisted by the MSM. Everytime they say something on TV the commentators say "But what about so and so?" and then the Republicans get all pissy about it.

aceface

I've been lax following this thread the past two days...

Today Obama is back up by 2 in the gallup poll- if he's ahead already on Sept. 17th doesn't this pretty much mean it's over?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
CLEANUP ON AISLE 5.
CLEANUP ON AISLE 5.
CLEANUP ON AISLE 5.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12840083&postcount=104

These people are just feeding the fire for the repubs. McCain Palin is now instoppable. And fyi - to say palin is incompetant while supporting obama is spectacularly hilarious.

Someone please go and mop this up. I would school him but I am too busy writing a personal statement.

Stoney Mason said:
She might as well just call him a n----- and be done with it...

Brown got her good asking her why she supported Hilary and not Obama, when their policies are almost exactly the same. All she could say is this election isn't about Hilary Clinton. Also it is kind of hilarious that this election has turned into Obama/Palin instead of Obama/McCain. If I wasn't paying attention I would think she was running for president.

aceface said:

Today Obama is back up by 2 in the gallup poll- if he's ahead already on Sept. 17th doesn't this pretty much mean it's over?

No. It means no such thing and if you end up thinking that you will only be greatly disappointed. There is still plenty of time and this is still an electoral contest that involves state by state polling.

Cloudy

Banned
aceface said:

McShame hasn't released his Rev. Wright ads yet :p

Rur0ni

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=edc4d070-fb0f-43a8-b19c-6b32c3ad36f7

New Mexico 9/17/08 (9/14-9/16)
Obama 52
McCain 44
+8 Spread.

In an election for President of the United States in New Mexico today, 09/17/08, Democrat Barack Obama defeats Republican John McCain by 8 points, according to this SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for KOB-TV in Albuquerque. Today, it's Obama 52%, McCain 44%.

McCain leads by 11 among whites; Obama leads by 41 among Hispanics. Obama leads by 12 among voters younger than Obama. McCain leads by 10 among voters older than McCain. Half of voters say the economy is most important. Among those voters, Obama leads 3:2. Obama leads among the more educated. McCain leads among the less educated. Obama leads among the less affluent. McCain leads among the more affluent. (wat?)

New Mexico Redeemed.

Cloudy

Banned
The Chosen One said:
Are there any interesting excerpts from the Palin Hannity interview? It's pretty cool how most of the media is completely ignoring it.

IMO the most interesting thing was seeing Palin talking about AIG today. Construction bonds? WTF

If Obama wins, she'll be the big loser cos she's showing the country that she's probably not qualified to even be a frikken governor..

Crisis said:
Basically. They're getting fisted by the MSM. Everytime they say something on TV the commentators say "But what about so and so?" and then the Republicans get all pissy about it.
meh . . . the MSM isn't 'fisting' them at all. They are just doing their job.

If McCain/Palin would stop spewing so many easily debunked lies, they wouldn't be in so much trouble.

Tamanon

Banned
The Chosen One said:
Are there any interesting excerpts from the Palin Hannity interview? It's pretty cool how most of the media is completely ignoring it.

Nope, it's softballs after softball. Basically just, "hey isn't being a Republican great?" "Yeah!" "Aren't those liberals evil?" "Yeah!" "Would you sit in the pews listening to a man say GD America for 20 years? Or buy a house from convicted felon Tony Rezko in exchange for personal favors? Or be good close friends with a terrorist?"

HylianTom

Banned
I know the election is far from sealed and over, but is anyone else dreaming of Election Night festivities yet?

If things keep going in this direction through November, I'm buying a copy of the electoral map and hanging it in my bedroom. :D

lol@this hispanic numbers from that SUSA poll in NM:

69-28.

When Obama wins, expect comprehensive, bi-partisan immigration reform that's humane and sensible. If the GOP continue to run against immigrants, they run the very real risk of never winning another national election every again until Democrats have their turn at screwing the pooch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom