• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Hitokage said:
Bah, I used "Bush With Uterus" a while ago. Not as catchy, I admit.
I hope you understand that graph is a differential from norm graph. Obama being up 4 today does NOT put him up 4 in that graph.

What about "Bush with a Bush"?

Steve Youngblood said:
In fairness to him, there's no way that McCain could have known a few weeks ago that the economy was going to be such a hot-button issue.

The events of the week have been brewing for quite some time now. These economic failures didn't just happen out of the blue.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Agent Icebeezy said:
2vhzl14.jpg
Jeez, is this woman looking to actually put a stake through Palin's heart?

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Youngblood said:
In fairness to him, there's no way that McCain could have known a few weeks ago that the economy was going to be such a hot-button issue.

Yeah... but even if it didn't tank (and quickly), who wants a President that admitted he's not good on economics.

I don't need a master of everything, but that's one of the fundamentals (see what I did there?) that keep this country moving.

GrapeApes

Steve Youngblood said:
But I thought he warned others this was coming. So he picked economic mastermind Sarah Palin

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
Did you want to see live Barack Obama coverage RIGHT NOW?

http://www.barackobama.com/live/

Do you hate CNN's proprietary plugin that is awful and stupid?

Do you like seeing Barack Obama's pretty face in motion?

Want to know wtf everyone is talking about when they're making off-handed comments with no explanation?

BarackObama.com/Live...bringing you the live coverage you need without the shit you don't deseire.

Rur0ni

New Polls!

InsiderAdvantage

Georgia
51% McCain
43% Obama
+8 McCain

Virginia
48% McCain
46% Obama
+2 McCain

Colorado (WINNER)
51% Obama
41% McCain
+10 Obama

Colorado notes: Independent split. Obama leads Men and Women. 79-19 Latino for Obama. White splits.

NewLib said:
See better graph.

I still find the entire idea of tying Presidents to job growth as a little ridiculous. There are so many factors and while the President may be able to influence certain factors, it might not be able to influence others.

Also sometimes its misleading. The reason why Eisenhower's job growth numbers are so much lower than that of Roosevelt/Truman is that for the only time in the rest of the 21st century, the military-industrial complex was winded down. During Kennedy it started back up again strong and it has never stopped since.

Growth in debt held by the public was also higher under republicans than democrats, which is what worries the financial market. Those numbers devalues the dollar and banks are worried about inflation.

HylianTom

Banned
Rur0ni said:
New Polls!

InsiderAdvantage

Colorado (WINNER)
51% Obama
41% McCain
+10 Obama

Colorado notes: Independent split. Obama leads Men and Women. 79-19 Latino for Obama. White splits.

We seriously need a dancing smily emoticon. Wow.

Stock tip - buy Johnson & Johnson. If polls like this keep coming out, I'm goin' KY shopping.

Ruh oh.. McCain on Spain is on CNN. Oh, and he called spain latin america!!!!! Ahahahahahahahah, latin america... ahahahahahahahahah

omg

ahahahahahahahaha, latin fucking america. Spain hates McCain now confirmed.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Byakuya769 said:
Ruh oh.. McCain on Spain is on CNN. Oh, and he called spanin latin america!!!!! Ahahahahahahahah, latin america... ahahahahahahahahah

omg

You laugh now, but what ideas do YOU have to stop the flow of Spanish illegal immigrants?

BenjaminBirdie said:
Obama's been watching Ghostbusters II. "Lifting Me Higher"...

I think it has a lot to do with what the Ghostbusters used to crack into the museum. They needed a symbol of hope. Something that everyone could get behind.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
CharlieDigital said:
I see a lot of people waving signs around...am I supposed to be seeing something else?

That reminds me: where the fuck are my Obama lawn signs? Been more than two weeks now.
Speaking soon. Just doing a little PR for the live site so that way people don't have to use CNN's shitty thing.

The Blue Jihad said:
I think it has a lot to do with what the Ghostbusters used to crack into the museum. They needed a symbol of hope. Something that everyone could get behind.

:lol

Someone needs to YouTube that scene with the Audio from his Denver speech.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Byakuya769 said:
Ruh oh.. McCain on Spain is on CNN. Oh, and he called spain latin america!!!!! Ahahahahahahahah, latin america... ahahahahahahahahah

omg

There is no win spin possible. Either he confused Spain with a Latin American country, or he launched a belligerent diplomatic fusillade against a friendly nation. AND HE DOUBLED DOWN ON IT.

No wonder Hagle and Rove are turning on that campaign.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
NewLib said:
See better graph.

I still find the entire idea of tying Presidents to job growth as a little ridiculous. There are so many factors and while the President may be able to influence certain factors, it might not be able to influence others.

Also sometimes its misleading. The reason why Eisenhower's job growth numbers are so much lower than that of Roosevelt/Truman is that for the only time in the rest of the 21st century, the military-industrial complex was winded down. During Kennedy it started back up again strong and it has never stopped since.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-fiderer/the-simple-arithmetic-of_b_124510.html

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Byakuya769 said:
Ruh oh.. McCain on Spain is on CNN. Oh, and he called spanin latin america!!!!! Ahahahahahahahah, latin america... ahahahahahahahahah

omg

As a red blooded Spaniard, I want to bash my head against the keyboard.

However, the first time I traveled to the US one of my workmates thought we were "brown" and other asked me how many "pesos" I had to pay for my then state of the art Tablet PC. And those are now executives at a Fortune 500 company. So yeah, I'm afraid this can't be used against him.

Edit: I feel obliged to say that my following trip was considerably less shocking for all the parties involved.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steve Youngblood said:
Good point. That ocean clearly isn't cutting it anymore.

You laugh now, but when those Paella munching commu-fascists are driving down fifth avenue in a column of Seat Ibizas, you'll be laughing on the other side of your Picasso-shaped face.

gcubed

OuterWorldVoice said:
There is no win spin possible. Either he confused Spain with a Latin American country, or he launched a belligerent diplomatic fusillade against a friendly nation. AND HE DOUBLED DOWN ON IT.

No wonder Hagle and Rove are turning on that campaign.

Every time McCain opens his mouth, he drops in the polls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom