• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Blue Jihad said:
I think it has a lot to do with what the Ghostbusters used to crack into the museum. They needed a symbol of hope. Something that everyone could get behind.
If Obama doesn't have a cameo in Ghostbusters III, I riot.

OuterWorldVoice said:
There is no win spin possible. Either he confused Spain with a Latin American country, or he launched a belligerent diplomatic fusillade against a friendly nation. AND HE DOUBLED DOWN ON IT.

No wonder Hagle and Rove are turning on that campaign.

Yep, first I was afraid of a possible Palin presidency... now I am getting just as afraid about a McCain one in the first place.

CharlieDigital said:
I see a lot of people waving signs around...am I supposed to be seeing something else?

That reminds me: where the fuck are my Obama lawn signs? Been more than two weeks now.
You people should be getting your signs from your local campaign offices!

DrEvil

not a medical professional
http://edition.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream3

Obama's speech is live "online" there - he's about to come on, right now they're blasting "shining star" and other funky music :p

Espanola, NM

The obama live page says offline, but we're getting an awesome prelude at CNN right now.

ooh.. aint no stoppin us now.. dun dun udn

edit: they're swinging their signs in beat of the music.. lmfao

Zeliard

Hitokage said:
You laugh now, but what ideas do YOU have to stop the flow of Spanish illegal immigrants?

24ccfog.jpg

This is probably the bogeyman that Hispanic parents warn their children about.

DrEvil said:
http://edition.cnn.com/video/live/live.html?stream=stream3

Obama's speech is live "online" there - he's about to come on, right now they're blasting "shining star" and other funky music :p

Espanola, NM

The obama live page says offline, but we're getting an awesome prelude at CNN right now.

ooh.. aint no stoppin us now.. dun dun udn

edit: they're swinging their signs in beat of the music.. lmfao

Reload Obama's page. It's streaming now.

Anyone think that maybe McCain is just trying to have won last rough and tumble campaign for shits and giggles before he retires. His campaign is becoming more and more "lol" worthy.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Zeliard said:
24ccfog.jpg

This is probably the bogeyman that Hispanic parents warn their children about.

:lol

Man I hate that guy you can tell he hates Obama so much he can't even conceal it. His wife is of mexican descent too.

DrEvil

You know ther'es something about hearing this song and the chants of O BA MA in the background that makes you feel like you're in the crowd :p

Zeliard

Byakuya769 said:
Anyone think that maybe McCain is just trying to have won last rough and tumble campaign for shits and giggles before he retires. His campaign is becoming more and more "lol" worthy.

I think McCain probably has trouble sleeping at night at this point. The man made a complete 180 on many of his previous beliefs and policies, and all in a transparent and deceitful attempt to win back his base and divide the country in the process by concentrating almost solely on wedge issues and smearing the shit out of Obama. Poor showing, McCain. I think he has disappointed a lot of people on both sides, including himself.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Natasha Bedingfield? Are they just playing the radio now?
No, it's part of the campaign's playlist. They were playing it at the Biden rally I went to.

And yes, I disagree with almost all the songs they chose. I would have put some Allman Brothers or The Band or some Jimi Hendrix but what do I know, rite?

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
BenjaminBirdie said:
Natasha Bedingfield? Are they just playing the radio now?
I can't even watch, I'm in a meeting atm playing pocket politics. :D

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
No, it's part of the campaign's playlist. They were playing it at the Biden rally I went to.

And yes, I disagree with almost all the songs they chose. I would have put some Allman Brothers or The Band or some Jimi Hendrix but what do I know, rite?
Obama uses City of Blinding Lights from U2, so I fogive him everything.

Edit: and now Tom Petty from "Wildflowers". I approve.

DrEvil

Zeliard said:
I think McCain probably has trouble sleeping at night at this point. The man made a complete 180 on many of his previous beliefs and policies, and all in a transparent and deceitful attempt to win back his base and divide the country in the process by concentrating almost solely on wedge issues and smearing the shit out of Obama. Poor showing, McCain. I think he has disappointed a lot of people on both sides, including himself.

I've even noticed that he's changed in his video appearances, like, when he does interviews or when he's on TV shows or anything.. he looks very rigid/stiff and uncomfortable.

Look at some old videos of mccain on the daily show, he was so loose and humoured and more... human.

There's a stark difference from then to now.

Fatalah said:
This is what I mean when I talk about people needing to feel like they're electing the winning candidate. Keep the masses positive, they'll come out and vote for you.
Yep, they were talking about this phenomenon at my local Obama office. Someone was saying we should all vote absentee so the early results look good for Obama.

IMO Schumer's new bank/mortgage bailout plan probably just hurt Obama bigtime. I think it will put a bandaid on the economy and postpone the inevitable. This will help McCain and ultimately not even help the economy.

DrEvil said:
I've even noticed that he's changed in his video appearances, like, when he does interviews or when he's on TV shows or anything.. he looks very rigid/stiff and uncomfortable.

Look at some old videos of mccain on the daily show, he was so loose and humoured and more... human.

There's a stark difference from then to now.

Yep. He seems to have a lot of nervous ticks, too. The blinking/winking, constant playing with his fingers. Is this normal for him?

Zeliard

Imm0rt4l said:
His wife must have Stockholm syndrome

Dobbs likes to bring up his wife as an attempt at defense against charges of bigotry, but it's irrelevant. People of a certain race can certainly be racist towards others of the same race or ethnicity, particularly if they're in a more affluent position in terms of class (and, of course, Dobbs himself is white). I'm not saying his wife is racist, necessarily, though the fact that she keeps silent and lets Dobbs spew out his xenophobic bullshit on a daily basis (which he's been called out on many times by various people/organizations) doesn't really speak too highly of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom