• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xeke said:
1200937552558.png

:lol hilarious.

Though it fits Garnett much better.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Wow, a CEO who isn't a total money hungry douche. Someone pinch me.
AIG has over $20 Billion in off-shore accounts right now. I wonder if they will pay up to help offset their bailout with our nickels.

Xisiqomelir

Stoney Mason said:
Dude edit out the pic. Just because we don't like these politicians doesn't mean we have to be crude.

I guess I do still want to be around to see the Friday craziness.

BrandNew said:
Can someone exlpain to me that one poll that deals with like betting that has Obama winning? What is its significance?

Link? I can translate odds for you if it's straight odds.

Cloudy

Banned
For the polls to be this close after the latest Bush disaster is VERY troubling. To be honest, I don't think Obama can win this..

Tamanon

Banned
Cloudy said:
For the polls to be this close after the latest Bush disaster is VERY troubling. To be honest, I don't think Obama can win this..

I don't think you quite realize how deeply entrenched party affiliations are and how close the election will always be.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Cloudy said:
YES!!!
YESYESYESYESYESYEEEEESS!!

Zeliard

Cloudy said:

It's going to be close, but Obama still has the upper hand in terms of the electoral vote count.

mclem

mckmas8808 said:
It will be a close race, therefore Florida is important.
I'm actually thinking there's a reasonable chance it won't be close, despite what the polls suggest. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either way, just that I think there's a pretty high chance of a landslide victory in one direction or another. My gut feeling is that there's two key factors which dictate how this will go; racism and ground game.

If racism is a significant factor, it'll be a McCain landslide.
If Obama's ground game is as good as the rumours, I think it'll be an Obama landslide.

If *neither* of those is a factor, I think it'll be a close election; if *both* of those are a significant factor, I think it'll also be close, with them cancelling out.

None of this is based on any facts, of course, just the feeling that there could be a big tipping factor either way that's not really been accounted for.

Cloudy

Banned
Tamanon said:
I don't think you quite realize how deeply entrenched party affiliations are and how close the election will always be.

I do but it just doesn't seem right. Objectively speaking, the Repubs should have ZERO chance this year. And MI and PA should be solid blue by now. WTF!

Unfortunately, I think the country's just not ready for an AA Prez :(

Cloudy said:

This was never going to be a blowout. Obama is in no worse a position than he has ever been and arguably he is in a lot better position than he has been in awhile. Without any substantive logic behind it your just being a pessimist. Which is alright I guess since most of the other Obama supporters are perhaps a bit overly optimistic.

Zeliard

mclem said:
I'm actually thinking there's a reasonable chance it won't be close, despite what the polls suggest. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion either way, just that I think there's a pretty high chance of a landslide victory in one direction or another. My gut feeling is that there's two key factors which dictate how this will go; racism and ground game.

If racism is a significant factor, it'll be a McCain landslide.
If Obama's ground game is as good as the rumours, I think it'll be an Obama landslide.

If *neither* of those is a factor, I think it'll be a close election; if *both* of those are a significant factor, I think it'll also be close, with them cancelling out.

None of this is based on any facts, of course, just the feeling that there could be a big tipping factor either way that's not really been accounted for.

Even though I'm optimistic about an Obama victory, I'm sincerely worried about the possible Bradley Effect. That's why I'm not really trusting the polls.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Cloudy said:
Its always "troubling" with you people. "I don't think obama can win this"? what stupid thing to say.

Cloudy said:

By most Political science models, IE, Bread and peace model, this was always going to be a close race; national vote within 3%, dems ahead, which is about where it is now.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
well, Im officially booked with Team Obama for a trip to New Mexico. I wanted CO but they asked that I go to NM. Evidently CA/WA/OR residents are flooding NV/CO and they are moving Texans to NM.

MoxManiac

I dunno, i'm optimistic about Obama's chances. Kerry was in much worse shape around this time of the year, and there's the fact that Kerry sucked, and also Kerry wasn't nearly as aggressive with a ground game, and he was fighting against a president going for his second term, and it was still pretty close in the end.

Door2Dawn

Banned
MoxManiac said:
I dunno, i'm optimistic about Obama's chances. Kerry was in much worse shape around this time of the year, and there's the fact that Kerry sucked, and also Kerry wasn't nearly as aggressive with a ground game, and he was fighting against a president going for his second term, and it was still pretty close in the end.
But cloudy says he doesn't think obama can win this!!

MoxManiac said:

Kerry was also white, tbqh.

MoxManiac

Door2Dawn said:
But cloudy says he doesn't think obama can win this!!

Actually, it looks like I lied! :lol Kerry was ahead this day in 2004. Still. Obama's been performing much better then him on average, I think.

PS2 KID

Cloudy said:

[Darth Vader]I find your lack of faith disturbing[/Darth Vader]

Of course we're going to win. We've got a superior ground game.

MoxManiac

At the risk of sounding ignorant myself, aren't most of the people that would avoid voting for Obama because he's black, basically ignorant rednecks who were going to vote for mccain anyways?

MoxManiac said:
At the risk of sounding ignorant myself, aren't most of the people that would avoid voting for Obama because he's black, basically ignorant rednecks who were going to vote for mccain anyways?

They're the people who would vote for McCain and who voted against John Kerry for looking French and seeming elitist.

Obama doesn't need them.

Rhindle

MoxManiac said:
Yes, most of them are.

But there is a good chunk of independents that are fairly clueless about issues, and just vote based on who they feel "more comfortable" with. The guy who wins the "who would you rather have a beer with" question always wins the presidential election. Always.

And there's probably a not-insignificant number of these people who don't tend to go out for beers with black folks.

gkryhewy

Cloudy said:
I do but it just doesn't seem right. Objectively speaking, the Repubs should have ZERO chance this year. And MI and PA should be solid blue by now. WTF!

Unfortunately, I think the country's just not ready for an AA Prez :(

Oh come on - grow a pair. He's polling at 50% now! That's very high pre-debates.

Also never forget - 50% of americans are functionally retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom