• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
kevm3 said:
Anyone think that Obama should offer Hillary some position in the administration if he wins?

Yes!! I was so sad that he didn't pick her for VP. :(

Barrett2

CrazedArabMan said:
Actually I have, both at college, and non college (k-12) schools.

Remember, free speech considerations only apply if the government is restricting speech. If it is a private college or private elementary school, they can ban anything they want. If it is a public university, they can only ban "obscene" clothing, because only "obscene" language is not protected by the 1st Amendment. The Obama shirt is not obscene, so you would be allowed to wear it at a public university. At a public elementary school, they can ban almost anything, because the school is filled with minors, and schools need wide latitude in running the K-12 school & teaching the minors, etc.

CrazedArabMan said:
Ok, answer me this then, why do I see shirts saying how Bush and the republicans are war criminals and they just like to kill and no one really cares, but an anti Obama shirt comes into the fold and all of a sudden your not allowed to wear it. Its called the 1st amendment, read it sometimes, its pretty good.
Liberal judges legislating from the bench to frame Nixon. The t-shirts were just fall-out gravy. Fucking cocks.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Drek said:
The ratio didn't change but the number did.

And from what I've heard the 2006 congressional elections saw a very significant surge in the youth vote, both quantity and ratio, as did the primaries.

Your right, but the media doesn't want you to know this. Why I don't know. I'm guessing because they want to keep the race close.

lawblob said:
Remember, free speech considerations only apply if the government is restricting speech. If it is a private college or private elementary school, they can ban anything they want. If it is a public university, they can only ban "obscene" clothing, because only "obscene" language is not protected by the 1st Amendment. The Obama shirt is not obscene, so you would be allowed to wear it at a public university. At a public elementary school, they can ban almost anything, because the school is filled with minors, and schools need wide latitude in running the K-12 school & teaching the minors, etc.

That makes sense then, the other day on campus, I was walking along and saw
not being racist but a black
girl wearing an Obama shirt that said "Obama fo yo mama", I seriously wanted to just jack her in the face for wearing such a stupid shirt, I don't care if you have an Obama shirt that says his name or vote for him, but when shirts like that start coming out, I feel like he's become a celebrity, and I know I don't want a celebrity to run this country.

CrazedArabMan said:
girl wearing an Obama shirt that said "Obama fo yo mama", I seriously wanted to just jack her in the face for wearing such a stupid shirt, I don't care if you have an Obama shirt that says his name or vote for him, but when shirts like that start coming out, I feel like he's become a celebrity, and I know I don't want a celebrity to run this country.

w
t
f

CrazedArabMan said:

But he's not a celebrity. He didnt personally make the shirt. Anybody can make a shirt about anything, doesnt mean he endorses it. There are probably similar shirts for McCain and Palin.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
CrazedArabMan said:
Huh? What? Do people who bandy around this celebrity talk not realize that a requirement of being the President is to be the most popular candidate in the country? it kind of helps them, you know, win the majority of the vote.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
CrazedArabMan said:
Well, I certainly don't want to vote for somebody who everyone keeps making lawn signs and bumper stickers about. All these celebrities trying to get into office but the issues are too important for us to conduct a contest of who is favored by the most people.

CrazedArabMan said:
girl wearing an Obama shirt that said "Obama fo yo mama", I seriously wanted to just jack her in the face for wearing such a stupid shirt
I seriously want to jack off in your face for being so entertaining.

Haunted

CrazedArabMan said:
what the fuck :lol

New Polls from Quinnipac today

Quinnipiac Universiy
9/14-21/08
Mode: Live Telephone Interviews

Colorado (1,418 LV, 2.6%)
Obama 49, McCain 45

Michigan (1,364 LV, 2.7%)
Obama 48, McCain 44

Minnesota (1,301LV, 2.7%)
Obama 47, McCain 45

Wisconsin (1,313 LV, 2.7%)
Obama 49, McCain 42

Barrett2

CrazedArabMan said:

MoreYouKnow.jpg

gamerecks said:
But he's not a celebrity. He didnt personally make the shirt. Anybody can make a shirt about anything, doesnt mean he endorses it. There are probably similar shirts for McCain and Palin.

Never said he made the shirt though did I, for those of you who didn't understand what I said, yes, it is a popularity contest, here, maybe I can put this in better terms, you could classify both McCain and Obama has a "celebrity", they both have the backing of many celebrities also, (many more for Obama), but I know for a fact when I see on the news of rappers, actors, etc. Actually finally registering to vote just to vote for Obama, do you think they care about his message. No way, they may say they do, but they are just doing it because they want to remain popular among their fellow co-workers and their fans. Thus if die hard fans of those celebrities, see that they have decided to go out and register, they are more likely to register and vote for Obama themselves.

Random unsupported thought, it seems like the Obama campaign is doing better where they get to set the rules of the ground game. Traditional dem machines like PA, Florida, Ohio and MI are either staying close or trending McCain, but the new battlegrounds, like VA, CO and NC seem to be trending Obama. Similarly, states where Obama's machine swept in efffectively for the primary like NM and IA are trending Obama.

Of course. this could just be the states that mCain actually has a ground game in, but it's a strange map that's forming.

Edit: pretty sure without Amir0x Obama would be losing PA right now ;)

Barrett2

CrazedArabMan said:
Never said he made the shirt though did I, for those of you who didn't understand what I said, yes, it is a popularity contest, here, maybe I can put this in better terms, you could classify both McCain and Obama has a "celebrity", they both have the backing of many celebrities also, (many more for Obama), but I know for a fact when I see on the news of rappers, actors, etc. Actually finally registering to vote just to vote for Obama, do you think they care about his message. No way, they may say they do, but they are just doing it because they want to remain popular among their fellow co-workers and their fans. Thus if die hard fans of those celebrities, see that they have decided to go out and register, they are more likely to register and vote for Obama themselves.

Republican logic 102 - If a Republican candidate is popular, it is because of their sensible policies that Americans support. If a Democratic candidate is popular, it is because people are stupid and are being manipulated by the candidate's good looks, celebrity friends, etc.

Also:
Bedtime-for-Bonzo-Poster-C10135426.jpeg

mckmas8808

CrazedArabMan said:

See and people cry and say PoliGaf can't have republicans. And then this guy shows up and says this.

liberal logic 101: when someone's only message is change and hope, they automatically believe that that person is the best person for president.

So with that, I'll leave poli/liberalGAF and you guys can start flaming because there is actually a conservative on GAF. Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazedArabMan said:
liberal logic 101: when someone's only message is change and hope, they automatically believe that that person is the best person for president.

So with that, I'll leave poli/liberalGAF and you guys can start flaming because there is actually a conservative on GAF. Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last president who presented hope was Ronald Reagan, he is considered by Conservatives as their greatest ever

3rdman

CrazedArabMan said:

Oh please...if you are going to talk about people's t-shirts as a personal motivation for your feelings, you deserve to be mocked.

The fact that you think Obama's only message is "change and hope" also clearly shows you know nothing of his policies.

If you are going to play the victim, you'll have to do better than this...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Hitokage said:
Hey, I hear some Nintendo fans are dumb. I don't want to buy a console that dumb people buy.

Well, it's a Wii. I mean, c'mon. Mainstream, simple, condescending, plays to the base, defended religiously by the zealots. It's the Republican candidate of consoles.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
CrazedArabMan said:

I mean, or we could start flaming because the posts that you have been making are borderline retarded, and add absolutely nothing of substance to the discussion.

Zeliard

CrazedArabMan said:

Yeah, Republicans desperately need some better representation here.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
VanMardigan said:
Well, it's a Wii. I mean, c'mon. Mainstream, simple, condescending, plays to the base, defended religiously by the zealots. It's the Republican candidate of consoles.
Yes, the Wii was made just for people who already play console games...

Zeliard said:
Yeah, Republicans desperately need some better representation here.
Hey, you got better but you still ran him out. :p

mckmas8808

CrazedArabMan said:

Seriously! Isn't this talk elitist? Why do you think you are better than the actors and rappers? How do you know they actually don't know about Obama's policies?

Barrett2

Speaking of Reagan, did anybody else watch American Experience last night on PBS? It was about Reagan's run for Governorship up through his first term as Prez.

Regan is someone I definitely have conflicted feelings about. I try not to dismiss him like many liberals do, I am friends with a professor who was one of Reagan's special assistants all during the 80s, and he helped me gain a certain appreciation for Reagan. But watching the show last night was very alarming, it never hit me until last night just how bizarre the Reagan Presidency was. This was a man who literally had no idea what the fuck was going on, didn't understand any of his own policies, completely let his advisers run the show, as long as they followed his main goals of increasing military spending while also cutting taxes. He makes Bush look like FDR.

Barrett2

CrazedArabMan said:

You are what is wrong with the Republican party. I am a conservative, but I also have a brain and an education. The Republican party is unfortunately overrun with morons whose only argument is the kind of nonsense you have attempted to vomit across this thread. Basically, moron voters like you are what got us into this mess. Thanks..

mckmas8808

CrazedArabMan said:

See this is complete bullshit. Hito you can't blame us for this one. Why do conservatives come to PoliGaf, say so dumb stuff, and then cry when people call them out on it?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
lawblob said:
This was a man who literally had no idea what the fuck was going on, didn't understand any of his own policies, completely let his advisers run the show, as long as they followed his main goals of increasing military spending while also cutting taxes. He makes Bush look like FDR.
If you're going to convince me that Bush 43 is significantly more competent than Reagan you've got a hard sell on your hands. Then again, you do have Alzheimer's...

We need another guy "who we can drink a beer with" to run the country since it went so well the last time. It's okay to have an opposing view but come with a sensible argument instead of just repeating GOP talking points. The argument you made could apply to the McCain of 2000 or Palin.

Rasmussen (considered conservative)

McCain favourability: 54%
Obama favourability: 54%

Chance of Winning Presidency: Obama wins with 51.9%

White Democrats: 78% will vote Obama, 17% will vote McCain
Obama leads non-white voters 71% to 24%

X26

Banned
well atleast crazed is a glimpse into reality - that the average american voter is dumb as shit

McCain 08 - may god help you all

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
mckmas8808 said:
See this is complete bullshit. Hito you can't blame us for this one. Why do conservatives come to PoliGaf, say so dumb stuff, and then cry when people call them out on it?
I meant the guy who actually tried to articulate his views. :p

VanMardigan said:
I meant to Nintendo's base, like the Republicans play to their base. Duh.
Oh, I see, that must be why they're pushing so hard for hardcore and longtime gamers then. :p

Ponn

Banned
VanMardigan said:

O...M...G!! What have you just unleashed upon GAF?!

Barrett2

Hitokage said:
If you're going to convince me that Bush 43 is significantly more competent than Reagan you've got a hard sell on your hands. Then again, you do have Alzheimer's...

I meant that Bush is involved more than Reagan, not more competent. I was just observing that Reagan had such a low involvement in policy or management that he literally was like a puppet. At least with Bush you get the feeling he at least 'thinks' he is involved in policy-making.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
CrazedArabMan said:

CrazedArabMan said:

CrazedArabMan said:

:lol . mccain's only message now is change.. !!

congratulations! you are the first person i have ever put on the ignore list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom