• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

"A Democratic source says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid just called John McCain, and told him on the phone that it "wouldn't be helpful" for him to return to Washington."

Barrett2

Slurpy said:
It is moments like these that remind me why I strongly support this man.

This. After 8 years of bullshit, we are so close to having a highly intelligent and thoughtful leader back in power. I can taste the Hopium.... so close...

Zeliard

Amir0x said:
for the record, politically... I believe this is a big loser for Obama. There is so many potent ways this can be spun. Much like McCain kept goading Obama to go to Iraq for weeks, the ads about him "refusing to stop the debates" because of his "HORRIBLE AMBITION AND CELEBRITY DESIRES"

I don't think that will be the case. Obama led this speech by stating the fact that he's the one who reached out to McCain first and iniated the call, as far as finding some bi-partisan solution to the economic crisis. He and his advisors/surrogates just need to stay on that message, and I think it'll be fine, and McCain will come off looking very opportunistic and weak.

TDG

Banned
Amir0x said:
for the record, politically... I believe this is a big loser for Obama. There is so many potent ways this can be spun. Much like McCain kept goading Obama to go to Iraq for weeks, the ads about him "refusing to stop the debates" because of his "HORRIBLE AMBITION AND CELEBRITY DESIRES"
I doubt it. McCain would be laughed at if he tried to imply that Obama wanted to have a debate because he's a celeb. I think you're grasping at straws of pessimism.

GhaleonEB

"Everyone - calm the fuck down!"

obamaspeech.jpg

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Amir0x said:

I think Obama is the winner here.

He's clarified that he initiated the bipartisan effort to resolve the crisis, painted McCain as a person who can't multitask, and essentially changed the format for Friday's debate to be about the Economy.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
TDG said:
I doubt it. McCain would be laughed at if he tried to imply that Obama wanted to have a debate because he's a celeb. I think you're grasping at straws of pessimism.
I think you'll see exactly what Amir0x (and I) said. This is going to be spun like crazy and it's going to be all "Country First".

Idiots Americans will eat it up.

Edit: Another title change?! :lol

Obama's strongest point right now seems to be that the US is preparing for it's biggest election which will be the main component in deciding US economic policy for the next 4 years. Americans need to know who their potential leaders are and how they will deal with this during their tenure. We have to be able to focus on the short term AND long term in order to be able to pull out of this.

They aren't going to magically fix this with a few committee hearings and slapping some more regulation in place over a weekend.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
CharlieDigital said:
No man, he should bring Austan Goolsbee with him and they can do a joint presentation on the economic situation.

It would be EPIC!

Edit: and Dimitri Martin with some charts :lol

"So you've seen Obama's plan and you've seen his economic policy breakdown, and now here we have McCain's plan for comparison's sake..." *opens box of cracker jacks*

Xisiqomelir

Amir0x said:

Respectfully, only drooling retards unshakeable Republicans would fall for such a thing.

No human being can look at 2 people; one ready to tussle, the other running away and calling the first guy a coward, and then give any credence to the latter dude. This is a worse political move than picking Palinwreck as a running mate.

Jim

-Kees- said:
Schumer: "McCain hasn't been involved except for the occasional unhelpful statement."

:lol :lol

Being a NYer, I never really cared much for Schumer. But he has quickly stepped up lately :lol

Double lol at the title change again

Justin Bailey

------ ------
RubxQub said:
I think you'll see exactly what Amir0x (and I) said. This is going to be spun like crazy and it's going to be all "Country First".

Idiot Americans were already voting for McCain, the ones that are left are not going to buy this at all.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Great, great press conference. Exactly what needed to be said.

I'm at work so all I'm getting is CNN. What is Fox News saying about this? I'm curious what kind of reaction they're having.

AniHawk

RubxQub said:

My brain read that as "stunning cunts" for a moment.

Right in time for prime time news. Brilliant

So...the debate is going to happen no matter what. Is McCain gonna show up? And is he still prepping for it or not?

Hardball: got right to it.

PhoenixDark said:
Right in time for prime time news. Brilliant

So...the debate is going to happen no matter what. Is McCain gonna show up? And is he still prepping for it or not?
Don't you debate yourself? It's quite fun.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
AniHawk said:
My brain read that as "stunning cunts" for a moment.
I did as well, but then again I was just spewing out obscenities like crazy last page so my mind is kinda in that ballpark atm. :lol

WaltJay

I'm going to have to watch the speech once I get out of the office. Sounds like he turned McCain's plan against him. I'm betting someone in the McCain camp is getting fired as we speak.

MaddenNFL64

If this wasn't political, why the fuck didn't he tell Obama he was going to be on TV right after he talked to him?

Obama handled his shit. Presidential all the way,

HolyStar

Banned
Amir0x said:

No this can be spun and McCain MUCH MUCH worse. What exactly is McCain going to do? He isn't president yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom