• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biden is awesome

Sen Boxer: The Iraqi government rolled out the red carpet for Ahmadinejad and kissed him on the cheek wtf
Ambassador dude: The vice president visited Iraq the next week and they welcomed him with open arms as well
Biden: But did they kiss him?
:lol

thekad

Banned
Does the War in Iraq have anything to do with the recession we're in/are going in? Obviously the money wasted over there could have been injected into the economy, or at least into our pocketbooks, but I thought the war's cost was going to come back to haunt us in the longer run, rather than right now.

I'm confused. We need more economists on GAF.

thekad said:
Does the War in Iraq have anything to do with the recession we're in/are going in? Obviously the money wasted over there could have been injected into the economy, or at least into our pocketbooks, but I thought the war's cost was going to come back to haunt us in the longer run, rather than right now.

I'm confused. We need more economists on GAF.

The debt can be contributed to the shitty economy. High interest rates, nobody spending or investing, the mortgage fallout...

APF

Thunder Monkey said:
Well for one thing McCain won't have any say on whether or not we are in Iraq for the next 20 years.

If he wins he'll have the chance to say whether or not we are there for another four to eight years. And it sure as hell doesn't seem like he wants our military to leave.

Agreed, and that's what I said above too.

thekad said:
What are you reading? "We will be there for 20 years?" McCain responds, "I don't think so."
I mixed the two "no"s up when I didn't quote it directly. My apologies:

"[will we] have a significant amount of troops there [in 20 years]?" "I don’t think so." "Even if there are no casualties?" "No." Lets be clear here: you were incorrect in saying McCain never said what I said he said, as this quote makes clear. You should have apologized, but like Obama, when faced with your dissembling you can't help but continue to spin. Old-school Chicago politics. Shameful.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Triumph said:
While there's plenty of reasons to dislike Joe Biden, he's great at being an asshole. Case in point, he asked Crocker point blank if it would be better for American security interests to eliminate Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan/Pakistan (you know, where they ARE) or in Iraq. Crocker tried to waffle but Joe pinned him down and guess what? The US Ambassador to Iraq just admitted in a Senate committee hearing that it would serve American security interests better to go after Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan/Pakistan than in Iraq. Hilarious.

Awesome.

APF said:
Agreed, and that's what I said above too.

I mixed the two "no"s up when I didn't quote it directly. My apologies:

"[will we] have a significant amount of troops there [in 20 years]?" "I don’t think so." "Even if there are no casualties?" "No." Lets be clear here: you were incorrect in saying McCain never said what I said he said, as this quote makes clear. You should have apologized, but like Obama, when faced with your dissembling you can't help but continue to spin. Old-school Chicago politics. Shameful.
The only shameful thing about any of this APF, is you still haven't given me your bust size.

I'm a C-cup myself.

*giggle*

belvedere

Junior Butler
I was worried there for a minute that Obama was going to let those two off too easy but his closing statement/question fully made up for it.

You have to feel a bit bad for them though, they didn't put us in this position and are just doing their jobs.

I liked what the senator from ill. did, no grand standing i.e. making a speech. Just asked questions about the end game and what is considered success.

Clevinger

Triumph said:
While there's plenty of reasons to dislike Joe Biden, he's great at being an asshole. Case in point, he asked Crocker point blank if it would be better for American security interests to eliminate Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan/Pakistan (you know, where they ARE) or in Iraq. Crocker tried to waffle but Joe pinned him down and guess what? The US Ambassador to Iraq just admitted in a Senate committee hearing that it would serve American security interests better to go after Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan/Pakistan than in Iraq. Hilarious.

That doesn't sound asshole-ish at all.

belvedere said:
I was worried there for a minute that Obama was going to let those two off too easy but his closing statement/question fully made up for it.

You have to feel a bit bad for them though, they didn't put us in this position and are just doing their jobs.
Damn did I miss Obama's questions?

Good question by Obama (paraphrasing):

"If Iraq looks like it does today with us having significantly less of a footprint (~30k troops), then would that be considered a success?"

Triumph

Banned
Amir0x said:
*looks at SUSA PA poll*
*opens window*
*screams a thousand expletives*
*walks out of thread*
SUSA can be wrong, and has in the past. Just because they're the "most reliable" pollster this election cycle doesn't mean they haven't fucked up before. I firmly believe that Obama will lose in PA, but only by about 5 percent or so.

Amir0x said:
*looks at SUSA PA poll*
*opens window*
*walks out of thread*

She's closed within 10 according to SUSA here in NC as well.

A big win in PA would result in a need for a correspondingly large win in NC for Obama to keep the 'this thing isn't close' narrative going.

Triumph

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
She's closed within 10 according to SUSA here in NC as well.

A big win in PA would result in a need for a correspondingly large win in NC for Obama to keep the 'this thing isn't close' narrative going.
Haven't you heard? They're basically neck and neck![/Blitzer]

APF

scorcho said:
great that i'm now missing obama's questions because of class. arg.
Didn't you go to class yesterday? Do you really think you're really going to experience any change while making the same choices you've made in the past? I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
APF said:
Didn't you go to class yesterday? Do you really think you're really going to experience any change while making the same choices you've made in the past? I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message.
:lol

thank god for wifi. and that you know my semester schedule is frightening.

Xdrive05 said:
Awesome conversation/debate between Andrew Sullivan and Christopher Hitchens about Obama and Hillary (and McCain). Very enlightening (if not a Hillary bash fest).

Must watch if you're not a retarded chupacabra.

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
PART 6
MSNBC was playing this all last weekend.

Best Tim Russert Show I've ever seen - by far. I like how these guys disagreed but kept it intelligent and respectful the entire time. GREAT shit.

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
MSNBC was playing this all last weekend.

Best Tim Russert Show I've ever seen - by far. I like how these guys disagreed but kept it intelligent and respectful the entire time. GREAT shit.

Well except for the whole "Stop being a lesbian" remark by Hitchens:p

Amir0x

Banned
Chuck Todd Wizard just said that he heard internal pollings at both Clinton and Obama camps - which he finds to be the most accurate polling of any - has the race in single digits.

That's good to hear!

Tamanon

Banned
Amir0x said:
Chuck Todd Wizard just said that he heard internal pollings at both Clinton and Obama camps - which he finds to be the most accurate polling of any - has the race in single digits.

That's good to hear!

This is actually one of the better conversations they've had on Hardball. Tucker, Chuck Todd and Matthews should be a regular panel.:lol

Amir0x said:

That's good to hear!

PA?

GhaleonEB

schuelma said:
Well, the Obama campaign certainly must think they have a shot:

Largest TV buy in recent PA HISTORY

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/04/obamas_unpreced.html
Record fundraising --> record spending.

If I lived in PA, I'd just turn off the TV now until the day of the primary. I hate political ads, and it sounds like he's saturating the market. Can that kind of saturation backfire? I tend to get grouchy with any candidate hammering ads that often.

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
holy shit I just heard about the Tiger Woods comment. Who fucking raised this guy?

Sometimes I feel like I'm taking crazy-pills...

To be fair, Hoffa from Change to Win used the same comparison on a conference call today. It's kinda weird.:p

Amir0x said:
*looks at SUSA PA poll*
*opens window*
*walks out of thread*
Yeah, if she wins by those kinds of margins it'll be pretty hard for our boy to explain away. He has less than 2 weeks now to get that number down to less than 10%.

Tamanon said:
To be fair, Hoffa from Change to Win used the same comparison on a conference call today. It's kinda weird.:p
crazy-pills.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom