• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy shit @ obama's retort. i mean, the attacks were ridiculous to begin with, but he turned the unwarranted attacks by his opponents into a positive for himself

he's a brilliant politician, period

Tamanon

Banned
I do like how fiery he was getting, it's good to see a little anger now and again. Not as far as taking a swing at the View girls, but it's good.

Er, APF, I'm pretty sure he was talking about in the race:p

Tamanon said:
I do like how fiery he was getting, it's good to see a little anger now and again. Not as far as taking a swing at the View girls, but it's good.

Er, APF, I'm pretty sure he was talking about in the race:p
Let him have his shallow victory.

He's worked so hard for it.

It's ok APF... I believe you...

*hugs intently*

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
This guy on youtube says it best:

Obama is a black belt in political jui-jitsu. When are McCain, Hillary and the Corporate Media going to realize they aren't dealing with "empty suit" dime a dozen politician? The longer they keep underestimating him the longer he's going to keep making them look petty.

Bill Clinton must be looking at that saying "Damn, I thought I was good."

Tamanon

Banned
Good lord::lol

CLINTON CAMPAIGN RESPONDS:

Clinton spokesman Phil Singer has since responded to Obama's words on his remarks.

“Instead of apologizing for offending small town America, Sen. Obama chose to repeat and embrace the comments he made earlier this week," Singer wrote in a statement. "It’s unfortunate that Sen. Obama didn’t say he was sorry for what he said. Americans are tired of a President who looks down on them — they want a President who will stand up for them for a change. The Americans who live in small towns are optimistic, hardworking and resilient. They deserve a president who will respect them.”

McCain CAMPAIGN RESPONDS:

As has McCain's spokesman, Tucker Bounds.

"Instead of apologizing to small town Americans for dismissing their values, Barack Obama arrogantly tried to spin his way out of his outrageous San Francisco remarks. Only an elitist who attributes religious faith and gun ownership to bitterness would think that tax cuts for the rich include families who make $75,000 per year. Only an elitist would say that people vote their values only out of frustration. Barack Obama thinks he knows your hopes and fears better than you do. You can't be more out of touch than that."

The spin, it's out of control. I do think it's kinda funny how both opposing campaigns started the same way.

APF

No, I understand. After all, we're kindred souls. Certainly no one has spoken out more fiercely on the issue of racism than I have.

Triumph

Banned
Tamanon said:
Good lord::lol
baracknotthisshit.jpg

thefro

I was at the town hall in Columbus earlier today... Obama was on fire. Stumped for about 30 minutes and then took questions for 40 minutes.

Funniest thing was when a guy with dreds was asking a question and Obama made a comment about him looking exactly like Snoop Dogg(which he did). The guy comes back with "Yo, Dre!" :lol.

He was hilarious in the Q&A... really could do stand-up.

Tamanon

Banned
I will say this, even if you don't agree with Obama's stance on this, he's shown with this, and the Wright situation, that he's able to get in a response and contextualizing before letting the newscycle write the narrative for him. Contrast it to the whole Bosnia thing that stewed for a week or so before getting a response.

Triumph

Banned
Tamanon said:
I will say this, even if you don't agree with Obama's stance on this, he's shown with this, and the Wright situation, that he's able to get in a response and contextualizing before letting the newscycle write the narrative for him. Contrast it to the whole Bosnia thing that stewed for a week or so before getting a response.
No no, she did respond. She "misspoke"!

APF

Tamanon said:
Yeah, Kerry is trying to take credit for coaching Obama not to get Swift Boated and to have a rapider rapid response team.

Obama's point was obvious, but easily spun in a negative manner if you want to; especially considering he's already considered arrogant, not concerned with the average blue collar worker. But his point was spot on imo, and anyone who has relatives in similar areas who have lost jobs will say the same thing

PhoenixDark said:
Obama's point was obvious, but easily spun in a negative manner if you want to; especially considering he's already considered arrogant, not concerned with the average blue collar worker. But his point was spot on imo, and anyone who has relatives in similar areas who have lost jobs will say the same thing
Yep,because he totally hated those motherfucking steel workers that were laid off in Chicago.

harSon said:
The woman who broke the story said the event was filled with middle to upper-middle classed individuals.

no...

From the Huffington Post article:

And when he spoke to a group of his wealthier Golden State backers at a San Francisco fund-raiser last Sunday...

30tpc1y.png

btw, why does Lou Dobb's homepage at CNN resemble that of an aspiring candidate for political office? It's hilarious and sad at the same time. And this guy goes on the air and calls someone else elitist and arrogant? Talk about chutzpah...

npm0925

Incognito said:
30tpc1y.png

btw, why does Lou Dobb's homepage at CNN resemble that of an aspiring candidate for political office? It's hilarious and sad at the same time. And this guy goes on the air and calls someone else elitist and arrogant? Talk about chutzpah...
LMAO. Lou Dobbs's audience is uniformly bitter. His show is designed to piss them off and disillusion them.

Xeke said:
I've lived in small town PA my whole life so fuck you guys.

I lived in a small town and left because of economic reasons in 1990 and yes I was depressed and bitter. Honorably discharged from the USMC and no one was hiring, but they would smile like everything was ok. I'm in LA now, been with my employer for 18 years. I've listened to my brothers and sisters over the years weather the storm(not in the same area of employment) but changing their job altogether.

You know what the job I had still hasn't come back to Hendersonville, Tn. after all these years.

So I don't know if that fuck you is a bitter fuck or a general fuck you?

woeds

Incognito said:
30tpc1y.png

That's almost Fox News-like phrasing.

Btw, I'm really getting annoyed by Blitzer. Not by the fact that he keeps staying dumb things and keep insisting that the race is close. But by the way he is branded by CNN. He's presented as some uber journalist.

Just check out his blog. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/category/wolf-blitzer/
Half of the accompanying pictures on there are of himself!

Wolf, I don't care about your room, your flatscreens, your 'best political team' or any of that. Just report the damn news, be humble and stop acting like a rockstar journalist.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
APF said:
Guys, be forewarned (although I've warned of this already) that this idea of Obama being an elitist is going to be something he'll face a lot in the GE. It's also something, again, that's reinforced by his disaffection for the press corps.

This is seriously the best/most honest post I've seen you type in like 2 weeks. :lol

And to respond honestly, I question why the press acts like he doesn't talk to them. In all honesty, to me it seems like he's always talking to the press.

Either on his plane or doing normal interviews. So why are they dissatisfied? :/

Clevinger

mckmas8808 said:
This is seriously the best/most honest post I've seen you type in like 2 weeks. :lol

And to respond honestly, I question why the press acts like he doesn't talk to them. In all honesty, to me it seems like he's always talking to the press.

Either on his plane or doing normal interviews. So why are they dissatisfied? :/

Yeah, didn't he let a room full of the Washington Post reporters or some other newspaper grill him on the Wright controversy (or some other recent story against him) for a long period?

gluv65 said:
I lived in a small town and left because of economic reasons in 1990 and yes I was depressed and bitter. Honorably discharged from the USMC and no one was hiring, but they would smile like everything was ok. I'm in LA now, been with my employer for 18 years. I've listened to my brothers and sisters over the years weather the storm(not in the same area of employment) but changing their job altogether.

You know what the job I had still hasn't come back to Hendersonville, Tn. after all these years.

So I don't know if that fuck you is a bitter fuck or a general fuck you?
I think it's a fuck you like "Don't tell me what the fuck is going on here, fuck you." kind of thing.

mckmas8808

XxenobladerxX said:
To fix a problem,you have to understand it. Thats whats hes doing,and hes getting shit for it.

Now you wonder why America will NEVER EVER stop terrorism in any sort of way. We NEVER want to understand any reasons to problems.

All we say is, "they hate us cuz our freedomz!!!" America is so fukc!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Incognito said:
30tpc1y.png

Wow, the question is totally loaded. Putting "no" could mean that his recent comments didn't reveal his attitude. They totally changed that question by swapping "an" with "his".

mckmas8808

Triumph said:
Was it a poor choice of words? Sure, and he'll get shit from the media. But his response from the town hall shows that trying to paint him as "out of touch" because of what he said is wrong. I think he's genuinely trying to challenge people to think, which of course is probably not going to work too well in a lot of places but one can always hope that it does.

We americans hate to think. And the MSM wants us to think less, so that they can tell us what to think.

Then they will poll us for our opinions that they helped create. Which in turn they will report back to us, telling us what we think due to them telling us what to think.

Nuanced enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom