• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of Tears/Lapel Pins (ScratchingHisCheek-Gate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishNazi

Banned
maynerd said:
Well I realize he is brushing himeself off. That really isn't a complete explanation on what he said or what it's in reference to.

Basically when people sling mud and play the political / washington game you have to....

10cs2hl.gif

Basically in reference to Hillary using tactics she learned from the republicans :D

maynerd

Banned
terrene said:
He is making fun of the debate and how it took 45 minutes to talk about an issue that mattered to Americans. He says that Washington likes to "play gotcha games," and get candidates going at each other.

"And when that happens you just gotta ..." [instead of finishing sentence, he brushes off his shoulders]

Even better. THANKS! :D

How can anyone not think this man is awesome?

Amir0x

Banned
Obama LEVELS UP!

Obama gains +20 str
Obama gains +10 wis
Obama gains +06 mag
Obama gains +3 vit
Obama gains +20 def
Obama gains +78 int
Obama gains +55 awe
Obama gains +10 pimp

Amir0x

Banned
This reporter is trying to tell me it's just an accidental taxi cab fire in front of St. Patrick's Cathedral on the site of one of Pope Benedict's visits in the future.

Cheebs

Why can't Obama be the Obama he is on the trail at debates? *sigh* If he was able to show his wit and personality he does at rallies at debates this race would be over

maynerd

Banned
Cheebs said:
Why can't Obama be the Obama he is on the trail at debates? *sigh* If he was able to show his wit and personality he does at rallies at debates this race would be over

Probably because people would label him arrogant or elitest if he acted like that in a debate.

terrene

Banned
ABC News is covering "Brushoff-gate" as Obama trying to "brush off criticism."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/obama-attempts.html

Leading sentence:

ABC News' Sunlen Miller Reports: Senator Barack Obama, D-Ill., both literally and figuratively, tried to brush off a rough performance after Wednesday night's debate on ABC.
If by "rough performance" you mean "the mud you slung at the Democratic candidates last night," then sure.

lopaz

Banned
Cheebs said:

I dunno, if he did the shoulder brush at debates it'd just look childish. At a rally it's him having fun with a friendly audience, but in a debate he's gotta give well thought out responses instead of gif-worthy material.

Clevinger

I think maybe the funniest and saddest part of all of this is the fact that George fielded questions about Obama from Sean Hannity and used them. You should really just hand in your journalism card after something like that.

terrene said:
ABC News is covering "Brushoff-gate" as Obama trying to "brush off criticism."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/obama-attempts.html

Leading sentence:

If by "rough performance" you mean "the mud you slung at the Democratic candidates last night," then sure.

Holy taken out of context batman. That article is filled with fail, especially where it trys to paint him as afriad of a debate with clinton, without mentioning that she hasn't responded to the debate he proposed a week earlier.

KarishBHR

Insertia said:

Can someone resize that for me so I can use it as an avatar?

SHIT... BEATEN.

Anyway... I have one gripe with Obama right now.

I really wish he would have complained about the debate during the debate itself. At the end of one of the answers he really COULD HAVE SAID "Hey George, why are you asking me this instead of..."

Amir0x said:
Obama LEVELS UP!

Obama gains +20 str
Obama gains +10 wis
Obama gains +06 mag
Obama gains +3 vit
Obama gains +20 def
Obama gains +78 int
Obama gains +55 awe
Obama gains +10 pimp
:lol

Somebody needs to make a freeware Dem Nomination Race RPG

harSon

Banned
KarishBHR said:
Can someone resize that for me so I can use it as an avatar?

SHIT... BEATEN.

Anyway... I have one gripe with Obama right now.

I really wish he would have complained about the debate during the debate itself. At the end of one of the answers he really COULD HAVE SAID "Hey George, why are you asking me this instead of..."

Then the media would have said Obama is incapable of defending himself.

Tamanon

Banned
What are you talking about Karish? He said several times when answering that a question was worthless and we should talk about issues. He couldn't refuse to answer or anything like that, the media would have an even bigger field day than that.

Chrono

Banned
Anybody notice with the debate last night the clip of Obama next to a muslim woman wearing a hijab? It was part of the introduction to the debate... I saw it on youtube in parts so maybe I missed something but that really jumped on me. They're not really implying anything but come on, middle name hussein and grew up in indonesia and has that pastor... it was like another tiny nudge in that direction. Maybe it was innocent... I doubt it though.

GhaleonEB

Chrono said:
Anybody notice with the debate last night the clip of Obama next to a muslim woman wearing a hijab? It was part of the introduction to the debate... I saw it on youtube in parts so maybe I missed something but that really jumped on me. They're not really implying anything but come on, middle name hussein and grew up in indonesia and has that pastor... it was like another tiny nudge in that direction. Maybe it was innocent... I doubt it though.
I haven't seen that clip, but it sounds to me like they are implying something.

Cheebs said:

Because it's easy to be charasmatic and witty when you're preaching to the choir, and not so easy when you're under fire. Hillary is sort of the opposite because she's rather boring during speeches, but commands debates with ease

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Tamanon said:
This is the other problem with the whole Ayers angle. I mean, he is an upstanding member of society now, not somebody to be shunned and locked away.

It's rest of the country that seems to have a problem with him. All I know is that Chicago has forgiven Ayers a long time ago

Odrion

Banned
Certain question about Obama:

Why does he sometimes stand slanted? One shoulder above the other, head slightly tilted to one side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom