• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chosen One said:
Umm, or maybe he's just a moderate Republican? I've never claimed Scarbs is a right-wing nutjob like Hannity or something. It's just sometimes he waffles back and forth from being an objective commentator and being a conservative commentator. I don't even mind the latter as long as it doesn't appear he's hewing to talking points.

Honestly, I think a lot of times his description of how he thinks a campaign should carry out their business is misconstrued as what he desperately wants to happen.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Jesus. He's talking about what they should have done if that's what they wanted to do, not what JOE SCARBOROUGH WANTED TO HAPPEN.

Also, Mika was totally wrong on the Letterman thing in terms of process. Joe was 100% right. They taped that show six hours before they aired it. Everyone at CBS knew what was in the segment.

bullshit politics

You can't infer that I am not saying this is what Joe wishes would be. He is shooting the shit. Worthless crap.

Everyone @ CBS that has time to read GAF knew but people that are doing their jobs didn't. Dave has control of what he does CBS isn't in the loop day to day.

ViperVisor said:
bullshit politics

You can't infer that I am not saying this is what Joe wishes would be. He is shooting the shit. Worthless crap.

Everyone @ CBS that has time to read GAF knew but people that are doing their jobs didn't. Dave has control of what he does CBS isn't in the loop day to day.

"Read GAF"?

Are you serious? I get text messages about COMIC BOOKS. You're saying for six hours no one in CBS News had a Blackberry?

mclem

OuterWorldVoice said:
It is a fascinating percentage of a single movie though. and Billy the Indian (sonny landham) has also launched a crackpot run at a governorship.

Does that mean The Predator needs to run for the 16th district in Florida? It seems apt.

He used footage from the interview is CBS supposed to shit bricks of anger?

Worst thing from CBS pov is having NBC guy Keith fill in and make a joke about Couric's huge salary and that is meh.

ViperVisor said:
He used footage from the interview is CBS supposed to shit bricks of anger?

Worst thing from CBS pov is having NBC guy Keith fill in and make a joke about Couric's huge salary and that is meh.

No. I'm just saying Mika was wrong. I don't agree with Joe Scarborough's assessment of it politically but to think CBS News was blindsided by it (as Mika posited) just isn't realistic.

mclem

3pheMeraLmiX said:
There is a darkness bruwing in this countrie, and Sarah is not afraid to shine The Light bright to it, and not be fearful. This women can see our gratest enemies from the doorway of her house, FACT. Katie Curic sits in a studio in Lost Angeles acting like she knows the things. I will do anything I can to get Sarah Palin to be our president, I have never been so inspired. YOu Obama lovers can just go to Paris and sip on cafe chinos . I know not fear, the USA will invade Iraq no matter what.

I love this, there's a real Auld English feel to it. Lhude sing cuccu!

Heh, McCain's spokeswoman Nicole Wallace had her phaser set to "stun". She didn't really go after Robert Gibbs or Obama that much. It might be nice to have a day of pacified McCain surrogates.

EDIT: Yuck that McCain cancer ad was terrible. Get that off the air.

lexdysia

Banned
This isn't a surprise to anyone here (I hope) but isn't sending out any McCain spokespeople during a "suspended" campaign somewhat antithetical to the whole "suspended" part? lol.

Haunted

Republicans crying murder about how the mainstream media is on the liberal's side and just out to get Palin every chance they get totally remind me of the wacky conspiracy theorists they're busy decrying all the time.

Cognitive dissonance at its finest, hope the American people (well, undecided voters at least) see right through their shtick.

I went to type in msnbc.com in the url, but I accidetally typed this in instead:
http://msbc.com/index.aspx

Yet, I still get a story of Sarah Palin.:lol :lol
Here's the article in it's entirety:
“The inhabitants of the villages ceased, they ceased in Israel, until I Deborah arose, that I arose a mother in Israel.” Judges 5:7

During the dark days of the Judges of Israel there were some bright and precious lights. There was no king and Israel no longer viewed the LORD as their Sovereign Protector. So…”every man did that which was right in his own eyes.” Judges 21:25

Societal Law (advocated by Sir Oliver Wendell Holmes) provided no utopia, and Israel degenerated into jungle warfare. America cannot escape the historical lesson; either the Law is king, “Lex Rex” or ‘Mob Rule’ prevails.

America is cursed with weak leaders from the house and church, to the White House and Supreme Court. When strong and compassionate male leadership is absent, God will sometimes raise up a woman. Case in point…….DEBORAH! While the Iron Chariots of the Midianites terrorized the Hebrews for twenty years, a man could not be found to stand in the gap. A prophetess named Deborah arose, and with optimistic faith and clear vision, she challenged Barak (a military leader) to lead the battle. But Barak did not feel assured of heaven’s blessing unless Deborah was by his side.

The exciting story ends with Deborah and Barak routing the armies of Midian and the ‘Iron Chariots’ of Sisera. Deborah was a great and yet self-effacing woman. She came on the stage of human drama as an unknown heroine, and she left the public spotlight with nothing but a song on her lips. (Judges 5:1)

A hockey mom from Wasilla, Alaska has created more stir than hurricane Ike. Sarah is no prophetess, but like Deborah she has decided to be part of the solution and not just accentuate the problem. A devout Christian and mother of five, she committed herself to make a difference in America’s fiftieth state. With the approval of her husband Todd, Mrs. Palin trusted the Lord and accepted the challenge from Senator John McCain to be his running mate. Governor Palin could be America’s Deborah, and Senator McCain might be our Barak. Barak {NOT BARACK!} was a brave and godly man – but Deborah made him a leader. The Iron Chariots of the Liberal Media have been destroying America for over twenty years, and now a mother in Israel has arisen. Sarah Palin, as did Deborah, could lead our nation back to a moral reprieve, if only for a few years. Liberals and Hollywood celebertards will weep and wail should the Pro-life Sarah be elected. Righteous rejoicing is long overdue. “When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice, but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.” Proverbs 29:2

“When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.” Proverbs 11:10

If Barack Obama wins the election, ‘Patriotic’ Tax gouging will further weaken our cyclical economy, and moral evils, such as Sex Education for six year olds, will be made more accessible.

“The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.” Psalm 12:8

“When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.” Proverbs 28:12

While no minister should infringe on the privacy to vote one’s conscience; he should challenge the integrity of each conscience to be true to our great American heritage and to moral absolutes.

A much greater hope for “CHANGE” is the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Biblical Christianity has done more for America than all political posturing and partisan demagoguery. Jesus Christ is “THE ONE” and Only, not Barack or John McCain.

If Conservatives want to question whether God will use a woman for Leadership in a civil context, consider Jael, a woman blessed above women. Jael did more than skin a moose, she drove a tent spike through the head of a human monster named Sisera, and received an honorable mention from the LORD Himself in Judges 5:24.

Praise God for women like Sarah Palin. The Liberal media only extols women if they are Pro-Choice, Pro-Gay, and Anti-Biblical values. Mrs. Palin is a refreshing oasis in a dry and thirsty land, and if John McCain (Barak) is wise, he will keep her by his political side.

This next month will be messy politically on both sides, but especially from Democrat Surrogates who are classless and down right vulgar.

Let the Liberal Media and Follywood escalate their immature tirades, because such attacks will only further disenfranchise mainstream America from the lunatic left.

My faith is in the Lord Jesus Christ and His soon Return, but until then, let us pray for a mother in Alaska to rise up and defeat the Midianites with all their Iron Chariots.

election2008_2.jpg

What the fuck.

Oh and Joe's hangup on Joy Behar. Get, Get, Get, Get, Get, Over It.

For a daytime show she provides a decent tasting chat stew. Elisabeth is the one that is a effing embarrassment. All the comes out of her mouth is like a game of telephone with retard republican talking points.

Cheebs

Fragamemnon said:
Obama up 49-43 in the R2K daily tracker. That's a +2 O improvement from yesterday.
Almost ALWAYS takes a a few days for any news like this to effect the polls. The friday annoucement of Sarah Palin did not hurt Obama in the polls. It took 4 days for that to happen. Same when that Rev. Wright stuff came out in May. Let's not cheer that the public saw this as the political stunt it really was jus tyet.

Nabs

i hate the person who posted the link to hillaryclintonforum.net (some time ago). i can't help but check it every day to get my daily dosage of laughter and tears.

Cheebs

syllogism said:
Rasmussen has Obama up by 2 in NC

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ion_2008_north_carolina_presidential_election

Interestingly it still shows Obama getting 98% of AA vote
It's oddly beginning to seem like NC is more likely to put Obama from 269 (he will easily get 269, 269 is all the kerry states minus NH plus iowa, NM, and colorado) to over 270 than New Hampshire lately.

I would go as far as saying the "tipping point" state pecking order of most likely would be imo:

1. Virginia
2. North Carolina
3. Nevada
4. New Hampshire
5. Florida
6. Indiana
7. Ohio

2 months ago I never thought I'd rank Florida above Ohio and Indiana as most likely to switch but there you go

Jason's Ultimatum said:
So I take it that the media will not be talking about Rick Davis's connection to FM? :(

There's too many other goodies out there.
- Bailout Brouhaha
- Suspended McCain campaign
- Debate or not debate
- Horrific Palin interview

I personally hope the Palin interview gets more play. McCain's awful judgment on picking her needs to be exposed.

M3wThr33

Banned
The Chosen One said:
There's too many other goodies out there.
- Bailout Brouhaha
- Suspended McCain campaign
- Debate or not debate
- Horrific Palin interview

I personally hope the Palin interview gets more play. McCain's awful judgment on picking her needs to be exposed.
How can it get any more exposed? It was known on day 1 and it still didn't seem to bother that many people that were leaning McCain to begin with.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.

Dear GOD!

DenogginizerOS said:
Couric: You've said, quote, "John McCain will reform the way Wall Street does business." Other than supporting stricter regulations of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac two years ago, can you give us any more example of his leading the charge for more oversight?

Palin: I think that the example that you just cited, with his warnings two years ago about Fannie and Freddie - that, that's paramount. That's more than a heck of a lot of other senators and representatives did for us.

Couric: But he's been in Congress for 26 years. He's been chairman of the powerful Commerce Committee. And he has almost always sided with less regulation, not more.

Palin: He's also known as the maverick though, taking shots from his own party, and certainly taking shots from the other party. Trying to get people to understand what he's been talking about - the need to reform government.

Couric: But can you give me any other concrete examples? Because I know you've said Barack Obama is a lot of talk and no action. Can you give me any other examples in his 26 years of John McCain truly taking a stand on this?

Palin: I can give you examples of things that John McCain has done, that has shown his foresight, his pragmatism, and his leadership abilities. And that is what America needs today.

Couric: I'm just going to ask you one more time - not to belabor the point. Specific examples in his 26 years of pushing for more regulation.

Dear GOD!

She can't even answer the goddamn question! Jesus effing Christ I want to shoot myself in the head!

DenogginizerOS said:

Dear GOD!

WTF.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
DenogginizerOS said:

Dear GOD!

You're not quoting her right, she said, "I'll try to find some and I'll bring them to YA."

See, it's just shows her folksiness.

DenogginizerOS said:

Dear GOD!

This is awesome. Bush can answer questions better than this woman.

DenogginizerOS

So few are actually running Barney Frank's and Christopher Dodd's comments about how the negotiations are moving along and how neither McCain nor Obama needs to be there. Obama says no, McCain says "I'm going in!" and Bush tells the nation that among other things, dogs and cats will be living together if we don't do something and he needs Obama and McCain to come to his office for a meeting. Does Bush not realize that saying this makes him look even more out of touch with the situation since the very leaders in Congress that are working the problem have told the nation they don't need an injection of Presidential politics into this?

facepalm.gif

Barrett2

DenogginizerOS said:
The Today show really hit McCain hard showing Letterman's full tirade. On top of that, the McCain advisor they interviewed was one of the more wretched people I have seen and heard yet.

And this is PRICELESS: http://www.cnn.com/video/savp/evp/?loc=dom&vid=/video/politics/2008/09/24/moos.photo.op.follies.cnn

The video shows Palin not answering the questions from the AP pool reporter!

The woman on the Today Show is a shrill bitch who looks and sounds like a complete hack. There is no spinning this, McCain looks like a moron, and everybody knows it. The only people who will be tricked by this are the same people who wouldn't vote for Obama anyways.

shaft said:
Biden Vs. Palin is gonna be fun! :D

Didn't you hear? It ain't gonna happen. McCain campaign is trying to cancel this Friday's debate and wants to re-schedule for the same night as the VP debate.

McCain campaign is actively trying to cancel the VP debate as we speak.

DenogginizerOS said:
So few are actually running Barney Frank's and Christopher Dodd's comments about how the negotiations are moving along and how neither McCain nor Obama needs to be there. Obama says no, McCain says "I'm going in!" and Bush tells the nation that among other things, dogs and cats will be living together if we don't do something and he needs Obama and McCain to come to his office for a meeting. Does Bush not realize that saying this makes him look even more out of touch with the situation since the very leaders in Congress that are working the problem have told the nation they don't need an injection of Presidential politics into this?

facepalm.gif

I think honestly it became a very moot point very quickly when Bush proposed the meeting. Obama's going, and most likely it's going to settle everything by tomorrow morning. I think long term it's going to be a stunt that costs McCain. When they're seen by America as having done exactly the same thing to progress the situation (Obama and McCain), only one without resorting to rash insanity, it's going to be clear who showed better leadership qualities.

cashman

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:

Dear GOD!

OH MY GOD. Video link please?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie said:
I think honestly it became a very moot point very quickly when Bush proposed the meeting. Obama's going, and most likely it's going to settle everything by tomorrow morning. I think long term it's going to be a stunt that costs McCain. When they're seen by America as having done exactly the same thing to progress the situation (Obama and McCain), only one without resorting to rash insanity, it's going to be clear who showed better leadership qualities.
I recall getting an email from the Obama campaign a few days ago that laid out where he stands on the bailout proposal and it asked me to log on to his website if I supported it. I think this showed leadership and passion and awareness. However, I heard Chuck Todd say on the Today show that Obama risks looking passionless on the issue and that McCain may score points on his ability to handle the Economy by going on this trip.

I really miss Russert and loathe Chuck Todd. The guys seems to enjoy obscuring information if it means his precious polls will dramatically tighten up.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
DenogginizerOS said:
The Today show really hit McCain hard showing Letterman's full tirade. On top of that, the McCain advisor they interviewed was one of the more wretched people I have seen and heard yet.

And this is PRICELESS: http://www.cnn.com/video/savp/evp/?loc=dom&vid=/video/politics/2008/09/24/moos.photo.op.follies.cnn

The video shows Palin not answering the questions from the AP pool reporter!
What the hell was everyone doing in that press room sitting at a table with microphones? The room had no one in it and they weren't answering questions :lol

Was that entire thing just a planned photo op? Fucking sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom