• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Vanish said:
Ok i missed the debate last night but is this what happened:

In general the public thought Obama did much better.
McCain absolutely refuses to look him in the eye for some reason. why?
McCain said horseshit (not clearly though)
anything else interesting?
They both stuck to their basic talking points and McCain came of like a condescending prick while Obama was on the verge of being a push over (In GAF's eyes). Obama then went on to sweep the polls.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
i don't really want a Hilary Destroys All type campaign, but i want something with more punch. A little bit more aggression would help. Obama could afford to step in that ass once in a while.

Obama as a candidate has to tread that line more carefully than others in this election. You can tell by the way obama has been positioning himself that the last thing he wants is to be cast as an "Angry Black Man".

SpeedingUptoStop

Trurl said:
He's winning as it is. If anything he has some unfair attacks that he should tone down:
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sparring_in_spanish.html
Eh, I'm talking about, when McCain tries to imply that Obama wants sex ed for kids, I wanna see Obama drop kick him in the face from the top rope.

obamaiscomingforyourass.jpg

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
:lol :lol :lol :lol

"McCain didn't have anything to say about the middle class. He had a lot to say about the study of bears in Montana..."

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Vanish said:
Ok i missed the debate last night but is this what happened:

In general the public thought Obama did much better.
McCain absolutely refuses to look him in the eye for some reason. why?
McCain said horseshit (not clearly though)
anything else interesting?

he did NOT say horseshit. that video is tampered with.

RubxQub said:
I think each of the candidate is going win or lose on their own.

Biden will be asked questions and he will do a good job. He will "win" for himself.

Palin will be asked questions and she will not do a good job. She will "lose" for herself.

I don't think anything Biden says about Palin will be the killing blow. She'll commit seppuku all on her own.
I see Biden giving the camera lots of double-takes like Jim on The Office.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
RubxQub said:

"McCain didn't have anything to say about the middle class. He had a lot to say about the study of bears in Montana..."

He's on fire today.

He had a lot to say about me, but he's had nothing to say about you.

RubxQub

Agent Icebeezy said:
He's on fire today.

He had a lot to say about me, but he's had nothing to say about you.
Agreed 100%.

He's coming off really strong today. Perfect 1-2 punch.

Zoe

I thought it was hilariously awesome whenever Obama would break into a huge grin when McCain was talking, but I'm sure some people would see that as cocky.

Alien Bob said:

You made me choke on my lunch :lol :lol :lol

RubxQub

Fainted!

Obama swoons the nation.

MassiveAttack said:
I noticed this last night. When she walked up to shake his hand, he never looked at her and pulled his hand away as quickly as possible. What the hell is wrong with this guy?
I think its a new campaign strategy. He had no problem in the past looking at Obama or anyone else for that matter.

WaltJay

DeaconKnowledge said:
Obama as a candidate has to tread that line more carefully than others in this election. You can tell by the way obama has been positioning himself that the last thing he wants is to be cast as an "Angry Black Man".

True. He's trying to appeal to Independents, so he wants to appear more bi-partisan, so that's why we heard a lot of "We agree on x, but we disagree in this respect..." type responses.

RubxQub said:

It is clear that McCain is heavily reliant on quips from his stump speeches. The Obama team should write a set of responses to each of them so Obama can quickly shoot down the quips. If he can deliver the pre-programmed lines smoothly, he'll look pretty good.

RubxQub

OH FUCKING SHIT! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

"If you think they (corporations) are working day and night for John McCain to put themselves out of business...then I've go a bridge to sell you in Alaska"

:lol :lol :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

RubxQub said:

"If you think they are working day and night for John McCain to put themselves out of business...then I've go a bridge to sell you in Alaska"

He's fucking flaming right now. ON FIIIIIYA

ShOcKwAvE

I don't remember the last time he showed so much fire in a campaing event! I think he got a huge confidence boost from the debate. It's out of the way and he now knows the next two focus more on his strong points.

RubxQub said:

"If you think they (corporations) are working day and night for John McCain to put themselves out of business...then I've go a bridge to sell you in Alaska"

Yeah he's actually said that line before.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
tanod said:
Agree. Mad props to Lehrer and the commission. It worked really well for both candidates.
<3 Lehrer, although I wished he would've nailed both candidates more on their objections/support to specifics of the proposed Dodd/Paulson plan.

It's a shame Russert isn't around to handle a debate. I thought to myself last night - why can't Lehrer box either candidate into a firm policy position based on a flimsy hypothetical that has no bearing to reality? Why can't Lehrer make either candidate raise their hand to answer a question, or ask a question where the only answer accepted answer is either a yes or no?

RubxQub

ANOTHER FAINTER!

BRING YOUR WATER AND EAT! :lol :lol

I have one critical thing to say about Obama. Last night I found out that, outside of Iraq, the foreign policies of Obama and McCain are essentially the same.

You guys may call Ron Paul crazy or whatever, but his foreign policy shits all over the foreign policies of these two.

SpeedingUptoStop

Guys, this is what i was talking about just 10 minutes ago. The punch. He's ripping into McCain with raw tenacity. I love it.

*faints*

Another thing: McCain totally dropped the ball on the bailout. He didn't really mention "suspending" his campaign, didn't mention any specifics on his involvement, and more importantly didn't separate himself from Obama or Bush. He agreed to oversight, cutting CEO compensation, etc. He could have really hammered that issue and maybe publically announced a brand new plan. Instead he followed everyone else.

Rur0ni

Gallup massive win. Please hold tomorrow.

:lol @ "C'mon John"

"Pretty soon I'm gonna start saying I'm a maverick!"

SNAAAAAAAAAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom