• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of First Debate Election 2008 - GAF doesn't know shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
And? It's still funny and I just found out about it.
Oh, just to bring you up to speed: McCain is injecting presidential partisan politics into the economy rescue process, Palin's interview over at CBS already churned out two cringe-worthy segments, and McCain got roasted by Letterman due to dishonesty. Oh, an McCain might be looking to delay the debate, knocking the Palin vs Biden debate into uncertainty...which, even factoring in the Biden gaffe (and considering the CBS interview) would be a great thing for the McCain camp.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
so_awes said:
can somebody give me updates please? i've been away all day :(
McCain went from being a moron, to killing a ton of people in a naval accident (which was false), to being to Washington to be a problem solver, to fucking over the nation for political points.

We're currently trying to see just how fucked we all are.

Amir0x

Banned
700b plan collapses, thanks McCain hero and patriot!

HouseWelp.gif

gkryhewy

Not to mention the fact that the Daily Show mocked Biden heavily for that gaffe last night, and it was hilarious. GTFO with that garbage.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
By the way, mistaking a newsreel, shown in theaters, with a television news broadcast is actually an understandable mistake for somebody of this generation or the last. Of course, misplacing the timeframe by four years is a bit worse.

Trakdown

so_awes said:
can somebody give me updates please? i've been away all day :(

Bailout plan almost finished, both sides agreeing in principle, McCain shows up and shits the bed, deal's off. WaMu taken by FDIC, sold to JPMorgan. Congress reconvenes after McCain flies home to his Virginia condo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Souldriver said:
Oh please, don't divert attention from the real issue here: Biden is a stupid doodie head.

Gaf can be so hypocrite sometimes!

Cogent's adherence to his tag makes me mad.

GhaleonEB

What Obama said just a bit ago:

"What I found and I think was confirmed today is that when you inject presidential politics into delicate negotiations it is not necesary as helpful as it needs to be. There is a lot of glare of the spotlight. There is the potential for posturing and suspicion. The way I have been working over the last week, constantly in contact with the secretary and congressional leaders, may end up creating an environment in which you can actually get something done. Because as I said, when you are not worried about who is getting credit and who is getting blamed then things tend to move forward a little more constructively."

The start of a memo his campaign just put out:

John McCain sought to change the subject from his out-of-touch response to the economic crisis with a big announcement that he was “suspending” his campaign. But the only thing McCain really wants suspended is the American people’s disbelief. In fact, he’s been in full campaign mode the entire time.

Instead of heading to Washington right away, Senator McCain stuck around in New York to do TV interviews, spend the night, and give a scheduled speech. Though the McCain campaign announced yesterday that they were also “suspending” their attack ads, they continued to run Thursday.

When McCain finally arrived in Washington, almost twenty-four hours after his announcement – and after Congressional leadership announced a deal in principle – he huddled with his lobbyist campaign advisors while his running mate held a political rally and his political spokesmen and surrogates were out in full force, continuing to attack Barack Obama.

So make no mistake: John McCain did not “suspend” his campaign. He just turned a national crisis into an occasion to promote his campaign. It’s become just another political stunt, aimed more at shoring up the Senator’s aimed more at shoring up the Senator’s political fortunes than the nation’s economy. And it does nothing to help advance this critical legislation to protect the American people during this time of economic crisis.
Both via Ben Smith

ronito

Souldriver said:
Oh please, don't divert attention from the real issue here: Biden is a stupid doodie head.

Gaf can be so hypocrite sometimes!
And let's not forget that was posted by someone who bemoans how people make fun Palin. Which, of course, makes it even more true. Oh hypocritical us! WHY? WHHHHYYYYYYY?!!!!

gcubed

Dr_Cogent said:
The hypocrisy here is astounding. If Palin had said it, it would be a huge deal - since it's your guys running mate - it's not. The pure hilarity is the fact that he talked about knowing what he was talking about.

:lol

yeah, it was talked about... on TUESDAY... when it HAPPENED. fucking douche

hey ive been out and about today, whats happened, i heard the deal collapsed, what is the media saying, is this advantage Obama or is it advantage McCain!

Hootie

Is there expected to be a dropoff in campaign donations with the financial crisis worsening? Since the amount of small donations should drop, won't that be bad for Obama?

Or am I just wrong?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hootie said:
Is there expected to be a dropoff in campaign donations with the financial crisis worsening? Since the amount of small donations should drop, won't that be bad for Obama?

Or am I just wrong?
You're only wrong if we let up. Keep...donating!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
So really not only is this campaign long and frustrating, it's actually now literally hurting America.

Good Job McCain.

artredis1980 said:
hey ive been out and about today, whats happened, i heard the deal collapsed, what is the media saying, is this advantage Obama or is it advantage McCain!
I'm starting to think that in some unexplainable way this will be an advantage for McCain. The guy and his hockey mom say so much stupid shit and use so many dirty tactics, and get called out on it, yet the polls stay close.

By now, in a normal world the polls would be 90% to 10%, but we're living in crazy land.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Obama GAF, thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU.

I just looked at my mailbox and had 42 emails. I was like WTF, I just cleaned it out a few hours ago.

Every single one of them were from the Obama GAF page. 42 people just donated to Obama.

Im in the middle of a mini-freak out and you just put a giant smile on my face.

Amir0x

Banned
sp0rsk said:
So really not only is this campaign long and frustrating, it's actually now literally hurting America.

Good Job McCain.

uh if it wasn't for Obama winning in the polls none of this would have happened. You know who to blame.

Barack Obama. When he wins, we lose.

Paid for by Amir0x Poster for Truth.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Amir0x said:
uh if it wasn't for Obama winning in the polls none of this would have happened. You know who to blame.

Barack Obama. When he wins, we lose.

Paid for by Amir0x Poster for Truth.

:( We are doomed.

Hootie

What the hell....so we're probably not going to know whether or not McCain shows up to the debate until tomorrow night?

pxleyes

Banned
Trakdown said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0663DHLr58

CBS puts forth McCain's plan. It's what you'd expect from Rick Davis' puppet.
I need to go smoke a bowl or I'm going to to lose it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
StoOgE said:

I just looked at my mailbox and had 42 emails. I was like WTF, I just cleaned it out a few hours ago.

Every single one of them were from the Obama GAF page. 42 people just donated to Obama.

Obama GAF just threw down $700 for change in the span of 2 hours. Way to go guys.

No one even posted a link, 42 Gaffers went to the page all on their own and did it.

Great work guys, great work.

AniHawk

More deregulation?

DID THEY FORGET WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK?

HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE THESE FUCKING RETARDS?!

StoOgE said:
Obama GAF just threw down $700 for change in the span of 2 hours. Way to go guys.

No one even posted a link, 42 Gaffers went to the page all on their own and did it.

Great work guys, great work.

*claps*
Go GAF!

Trakdown

pxleyes said:
I need to go smoke a bowl or I'm going to to lose it.

Smoke 2, one for me.

StoOgE said:

Heh, I just sent another $30 through his main site. Someone should set up a donation bomb.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the point is to pass, or even negotiate the "McCain plan" - I think it really is just a small hiccup to the current proposal to make McCain look like a leader/maverick, it will be mcCain that gets the House GOP rebels back on board, and they'll shout out McCain as the 11th hour "saviour" (ugh!) of the bill.

They'll fuck it up though, this is the McCain campaign we're talking about, he will, IMO, end up with lower polling and egg on his face over this, if not then you guys really need to consider that Jesusland/United States of Canada secession idea :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom