• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PolliGaf 2012 |OT5| Big Bird, Binders, Bayonets, Bad News and Benghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

There's a rumor Trump found divorce papers between Obama and his wife in 2000 that they didn't go through with.

Cedric Daniels is a character from The Wire, and I can't really remember his wife subplot but I think they had an unhappy marriage and stayed together because of politics.

Ah I see, that's the bombshell? Pfft I think this came out a long time ago first of all and 2nd I think most people can tell that the obamas are very much in love. I always felt watching the obamas that they were very much into keeping their romance alive which is weird for a couple as old as them so I always thought that they probably had a rocky relationship earlier. This is really not news lol.

Clevinger

I'm not sure if you're joking as I don't know what I'm looking at in that poll.

Obama has a three point lead, same as their last weekly poll

One worrying thing is that Josh Mandel is gaining on Sherrod Brown fast. Brown had a huge lead, but it's been falling throughout this election and now he's only leading by one in that new poll.

* Independents, where Mandel last week led by 3 points and today leads by 13 points, a 10-point right turn.
* Union households, where last week Brown was up 14 points and today he is up 5 points, a 9-point right turn.
* Middle-income voters, where Brown had led by 16 points, and today is tied, a 16-point right turn.
* Men, where last week Mandel was at 42% and today he is at 47%.

Karl Rove must be spending a shitload in superPAC ads in that race

Link

The Autumn Wind
Welcome to the failure that is the American media.

He's not alone though. It would appear that most voters ignore Romney's ridiculous amount of flip-flops.
It is pretty amazing how myopic both the media and voters seem to be to it.

Obama has a three point lead, same as their last weekly poll

One worrying thing is that Josh Mandel is gaining on Sherrod Brown fast. Brown had a huge lead, but it's been falling throughout this election and now he's only leading by one in that new poll.

* Independents, where Mandel last week led by 3 points and today leads by 13 points, a 10-point right turn.
* Union households, where last week Brown was up 14 points and today he is up 5 points, a 9-point right turn.
* Middle-income voters, where Brown had led by 16 points, and today is tied, a 16-point right turn.
* Men, where last week Mandel was at 42% and today he is at 47%.

Karl Rove must be spending a shitload in superPAC ads in that race

Brown is going to trounce Mandel.

No way in hell that little putz gets elected.

The ads have ramped up, no doubt, but Mandel has a pretty shitty reputation for not doing his job as treasurer and appointing his unqualified buddies to high-paid government positions.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd ask why anyone still gives Trump a platform, but it's Fox News, so yeah.

I expect this to be their lead story all day long.

oh, thank god. I didn't know the average was that good.

The Brown/Mandel race is one of the biggest reasons I'm confident Obama is going to take Ohio.

I just don't see Brown winning by more than 5% (which he almost certainly will) and Obama losing, especially when Brown is far more liberal than the president. (Or at least the president's policies while in office.)

Clevinger

Good Morning America leading with the Mourdock thing.

5615270459_609aae082b.jpg

Trurl

Banned
How can any self-respecting poll avoid cell phones in this day and age? I don't know anyone under 35 who has a landline.

Come to think of it, everyone I know who has a landline phone either has held onto it for work related reasons, or is over 70.

Jadedx

Banned
How can any self-respecting poll avoid cell phones in this day and age? I don't know anyone under 35 who has a landline.

Come to think of it, everyone I know who has a landline phone either has held onto it for work related reasons, or is over 70.

I'm 25 and I have a landline with no work purposes.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm under 35 and have a landline. There are few of us, though.

Trump is releasing his story at noon. I'm on top of this important story guys. (maybe the most important story of our lifetime)

He says it's not about the divorce.

Trump: All predictions re: my 12 o'clock release are totally incorrect. Stay tuned!

really hoping that Ras poll of ohio isn't the canary in the coal mine. wouldn't be surprised to see Gravis and ARG with similar results. obama better bank a huge early vote advantage or the party could be over very early on nov 6th.

Downhome

Does anyone here consider the entire thing with the emails about Libya as something that could become an issue for the administration? I would, at the very least, like to hear them speak on that since that has been revealed. What is the main thread talking about that? I'd like to see the discussion.

Clevinger

really hoping that Ras poll of ohio isn't the canary in the coal mine. wouldn't be surprised to see Gravis and ARG with similar results. obama better bank a huge early vote advantage or the party could be over very early on nov 6th.

As fun as your troll posts are, I gotta say I like your serious ones more. You seem more knowledgeable about politics than a lot of us.

Unless you were just serious. In which case, :(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump is releasing his story at noon. I'm on top of this important story guys. (maybe the most important story of our lifetime)

He says it's not about the divorce.

I found a transcript of Trump's thoughts:

"Hey, a new season of the Apprentice is coming up and there haven't been near enough advertisements for it. Better get my name out in the news soon to boost ratings!"

Seriously, this is going to be about as accurate as anything "Sheriff Joe" has "found."

I found a transcript of Trump's thoughts:

"Hey, a new season of the Apprentice is coming up and there haven't been near enough advertisements for it. Better get my name out in the news soon to boost ratings!"

Seriously, this is going to be about as accurate as anything "Sheriff Joe" has "found."

I can't imagine Trump risking his reputation for a publicity stunt.

Damn Lions this year : (

coldfoot

Banned
Got 91% on that finnish poll. Although AGW is real, we don't need to lead the world on limiting our emissions when China/India don't care and gas prices are already taking care of it anyway.

SmokeMaxX

In case anyone is wondering international wire transfers usually take 3-5 business days to clear. Yuck. No way prices will be this low next week.

In case anyone is wondering international wire transfers usually take 3-5 business days to clear. Yuck. No way prices will be this low next week.

Yeah, I'm kinda upset about that. I thought I would be able to use credit/debit to instantly fund my account, but having to wait up to 4 business days is sure to kill the deal once obama goes back up. Last night it was 54.8 % too. Damn!

Downhome

It's donald trump. It's probably some birther crap

Just in theory, if something like that was proved true for any president, what steps would be taken after the facts were revealed? Would it just be instant resignation or would a trial take place or what? Anyone actually know for sure?

Good Morning America leading with the Mourdock thing.

lol I heard that on my local NPR this morning and was going to come in here to break the good news to you all that Mourdock shot himself in the foot last night (I didn't watch the debate, was catching up on Amazing Race.)

Thank goodness, too, because seeing the ads that are being run during Jeopardy! or other shows I watch, it looked like they would be pretty effective against Donnelly. But when Mitt distances himself from what you're saying, just before he's about to put out an ad supporting you, you done fucked up now.

I had a dream last night the trumps big thing today was to reveal that he was a troll and a democratic plant. I think speculawyer said something to that effect last night. You guys are invading my dreams...

No polls or bad news in them yet though.

So there is very real possibility of Bachmann being unseated
Annandale, Minnesota (CNN) -- Jim Graves strolled down Main Street in his pressed shirt with French cuffs and skinny jeans, a dapper enigma in a land of flannels and Wranglers. He stuck out his hand to introduce himself to a ruffian in a wheelchair scooter.

The two talked politics before the stranger confessed he's an anarchist who believes Americans should be allowed to kill three people a day. "That would take care of the idiots REALLLLLL fast," the man said with a chuckle.

Not the typical conversation for a millionaire hotel magnate, who's more prone to discuss bed-sheet thread count than shooting folks. But when people know you're running for Congress, apparently no topic is off limits. A bit exasperated, Graves wished the man well and quickly departed.
Minnesota, why you so cray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom