• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Can someone give me a crash course on Roksyopp cus they seem interesting but I have no idea who/what they are + what their bops are

Start with Junior:

Royksopp_-_Junior_album_cover.png

Their biggest song is probably What Else Is There?, which also has one of the best music videos of all time, and features vocals by Goddess Karin Dreijer of The Knife (RIP in Peace).

BEYONCE Platinum Edition Box Set To Release November 24, 2014

TWO New Songs
2 CD, 2 DVD

MORE AUDIO CD
  • 7/11
  • Flawless Remix (feat. Nicki Minaj)
  • Drunk In Love Remix (feat. Jay Z & Kanye West)
  • Ring Off
  • Blow Remix (feat. Pharrell Williams)
  • Standing On The Sun Remix (feat. Mr Vegas)
Yaaaaaaaaaaas
LIVE DVD
  • Run The World (Girls)
  • ***Flawless
  • Get Me Bodied
  • Blow
  • Haunted
  • Drunk In Love (Featuring JAY Z)
  • 1 + 1
  • Partition
  • Heaven
  • XO

Oh, I already have these DVR'd. Hopefully they're fleshed out.

New songs could have replaced those remixes.
Not really worth getting since it's the same thing but 2 new songs a calendar and 10 performances from the mrs carter show.

I'll pass on this.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
After Rih's december Elle Issue, not rih stan ever has the right to come for Beyonce's weave. There is not a biblio big enough

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i thought that rih's look was [ h i g h † f a s h i o n ] tbh

besides the monsters have absolutely no right to come for it when they could barely hold it together in excitement when this vile rubbish assaulted our collective eyeballs a couple of years ago

i mean jusT

I'm listening now. Compulsion done ended me.

This is seriously a perfect autumn/winter album. So dark, brooding, and ambient throughout. Literally no one else could.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I Had This Thing has ended me, oh my actual GORIEGMDFPGLKMFDGVLS;MG/

they know how to pick their vocal guests

Thank You is punching. Perfect closing track.

I use everything except Rong. It's aptly named. I think I'd like Rong if it were just an instrumental. It's not even the constant lyrical repetition that grates me. It's more that I don't think the voice meshes very well with the track.

cory64

besides the monsters have absolutely no right to come for it when they could barely hold it together in excitement when this vile rubbish assaulted our collective eyeballs a couple of years ago

i mean jusT
right?
ibev28RlQFmUZh.gif

Bladenic

The new Chvrches song "Dead Air" for the MockingGay OST is a hard punch, stream it on Spotify unlike any of Taylor's music.

B-Dex

I just saw love never dies. What kind of travesty. Andrew Lloyd webber needs to be banned from Broadway.

Sarah Brightman is rolling in her careers grave.

i mean jusT

Ummm Gaga looks snatched here, she's serving RuPaul at the Met Gala realness, better than that ashy elbow of a cover Rhino was giving us on the last page.

Also vote for Gaga <3

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ummm Gaga looks snatched here, she's serving RuPaul at the Met Gala realness, better than that ashy elbow of a cover Rhino was giving us on the last page.

she looks like one of the working joes from alien isolation being eaten by a tribble

ai-working-joe-600x337.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
this
Rihanna-Elle-Magazine.jpg

is great

this
tumblr_nehv6bjTCG1tyuuv9o1_1280.jpg
rihanna-ella-december-2014-cover-lead.jpg

is awful
something worse than awful actually but I cant think of an adequate word
she looks like she got lost and wondered into zapdos

Forbes' Top Earning Women in Music: 2014

1. Beyonce - $115 million
2. Taylor Swift - $64 million
3. P!nk - $52 million
4. Rihanna - $48 million
5. Katy Perry - $40 million
6. Jennifer Lopez - $37 million
7. Miley Cyrus - $36 million (tie)
7. Celine Dion - $36 million (tie)
9. Lady Gaga - $33 million
10. Britney Spears - $20 million

Wut @ P!nk's sneak attack though

Mess @ Rihanna's off period banking higher than Katy's career high

Nnnn @ ARTPOP and Britney Jean their adverse impact

Mau ®

What did the Rhat do musically besides The Monster Tour?

Must be sales from her perfumes, MAC cosmetics and RIHver Island. Damn, I can see why she retired.

Mau ®;137314954 said:
What did the Rhat do musically besides The Monster Tour?

Must be sales from her perfumes, MAC cosmetics and RIHver Island. Damn, I can see why she retired.

Tours and sponsorships tend to pull bigger cash than album/single releases, so that's why. Just look at Bey's numbers. Comparing Katy and Gaga's numbers for example, Katy had a small bump as far as album/singles performance, but she pulled in more for the Prismatic tour likely outgrossing ArtRave during that period, plus she had a handful of sponsorships. Also her fragrance. lol

Was Taylor on tour at all in 2013? I guess she had a lot of sponsorships too coz she didn't have music. lol

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
beyoncé scooping up nearly twice as many coins as taylor in second place

her power. her influence.

when even #2 is irrelevant when compared with the power of the queen b i can understand why some people seethe and fume so much at how utterly irrelevanT their own faves are in the order of the world.

rude

Banned
St!nk still slaying after all these years...work i guess. what the fuck do her stans even look like. do the gays even like her...?

Beyonce owns music. There's not much else to say on the subject.

Updated 1989 song rankings:

Love:

1) Wildest Dreams
2) Welcome To New York
3) Blank Space
4) All You Had To Do Was Stay
5) I Know Places

Like:

6) Shake It Off
7) Style
8) I Wish You Would
9) Out of the Woods
10) Bad Blood

Meh:

11) This Love
12) How You Get The Girl
13) Clean

Does POPGAF like this more or less than Red?

Clean in last place is a goddamn tragedy.

I'm not sure if I'd rank 1989 over Red at this point. It needs more time to sink in. Speak Now will forever remain unbothered if I'm being honest tho.

Trigger

Beyonce owns music. There's not much else to say on the subject.

Updated 1989 song rankings:

Does POPGAF like this more or less than Red?

I think I prefer RED overall. I'm happy 1989 has done well, but I think RED has a lot more of the great songwriting that I've come to appreciate from Taylor. I think I liked country-pop Taylor just a wee bit more than full on popstar Taylor too.

But why isn't New Romantics anywhere on this list tho?

Pray to God is really great. The best Calvin song since We Found Love when the decline began.

Honestly, HAIM's power to pull Calvin from the depths of shittiness. The harmonies in the middle eight are simply tew much.

Neptune

I made the grave mistake of listening to Red for the first time a couple of days ago, thinking it would offer something similarly enjoyable to 1989. Aside from the three pop singles I already knew of, only "State of Grace" stood out while the rest put me to sleep. I am really not here for country-Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom