• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future queen of all music genres ready to slay us with ARTROCK
10748346_869352453077975_947651525_n.jpg
Hopefully she spills that hot MANiCURE-esque tea all over me

Also one of those booklets is mine <3

Two more hours until we roll out the first match of the semifinals! Make sure to check in to see who's first up! Let's break the voting record this round!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
None of dem is my absolute favourite Robyn track, over six times the plays of any of her other songs
That new track sounds like it belongs on a scifi score. Wouldn't feel out of place in a trailer of Interstellar tbh

Is the free version not ad-supported any more?

Ch... i don't know. I don't use it. (much) I tend to buy music if i like it.

In any case the point is not that they don't get money from Spotify, it's that they do it in order to boost their physical sales.

I don't see a problem with that. It is a business after all. I'm certain studio time and massive promo isn't cheap, and IIRC all that has to be recouped from an artists profits before they see one red cent. I can't be mad at anyone trying to make a profit from their art.

I suppose the argument could be made that they withhold the massive releases that they can convince people to shell out for from Spotify and in so doing they subsidise the smaller artists being on Spotify?
I don't know. What I do know is that if I can't listen to an album in one place, more than likely I can listen to it somewhere else. If I have to hear it bad enough, I'll buy it. Correct me if I'm wrong here, is spotify like a netflix for music? If so I can see why you'd wait until after the initial sales push to put it on there.

AND WE'RE BACK!!

Now that the gamekeeper is well rested, we're ready to have our FINAL EIGHT divas face off for your votes!!

First, an announcement:

iX7bVVP1qpi7K.png

Robyn makes it back in the tournament, and replaces Jessie Ware in the Losers Bracket! Jessie Ware falls victim to Hew syndrome, as it seems that nobody really gave a fuck about keeping her in. Poor her. Buy her album on iTunes.

The first match of the semifinal round is coming 'round in minutes! Get your PMs ready sistren! <3

3phemeral

I honestly think Blackout is overrated. I use In the Zone way more.

Early Morning
Showdown
Touch of My Hand
Breathe on Me
Toxic
The Answer

iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png
iGFSDy4KVmMMT.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Can you even [ I M A G I N E ]

my follicles have barely even had time to recover

i truly [ f e a r ] for the future of roy's scalp

Aguila

#ICONIC
Hopefully Vol II cuts back on those long, useless intros. And hopefully there are no more songs that are actually two songs. I hate that. Make interludes instead, bitch.

Hopefully Vol II cuts back on those long, useless intros. And hopefully there are no more songs that are actually two songs. I hate that. Make interludes instead, bitch.

iIoFDdtTC8e6N.gif

Sis, don't you mainly stan music for music made for teenage girls and depressives?
And the flawless Azealia?
How's about you let he Queen mind her business, and you listen to that dreary Llama hussy you're always on about.

ibbSjxwGg9i7oB.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
iIoFDdtTC8e6N.gif

Sis, don't you mainly stan music for music made for teenage girls and depressives?
And the flawless Azealia?
How's about you let he Queen mind her business, and you listen to that dreary Llama hussy you're always on about.

ibbSjxwGg9i7oB.gif

Yes, yes, and bye.

Maybe Photoshopé is trying to bring *finger quotes* the album experience back *finger quotes*, but she doesn't have to make another bloated, messy album.

ib0jvD1T30ZtRG.gif

I don't want to hear ANCIENT clips of her baby babble before a song like Ghost every time I play it (I know Bey just LOVES herself, but those intros get old for someone who is thinking #neuxonecurr)

I don't want have to manually split songs up for, let's say, the occasions when I would rather just hear Partition instead of Yonce.

I don't want to have to find/split the track for videos like Grown Woman when the lazy bitch could easily have added it herself.

These things add up. Won't she think of the children?

iCxRuwa3UzjP7.gif

Touchdown

Banned
oh Aguila your gif usage just reminded me!

To the U.S. popgaffers - Don't forget to get out and vote tomorrow peeps. It's your civic duty. Don't let the repubs take the Senate!

ib0jvD1T30ZtRG.gif

3phemeral

Nemesis_

BEYONCE Platinum Edition Box Set To Release November 24, 2014

TWO New Songs
2 CD, 2 DVD

MORE AUDIO CD
  • 7/11
  • Flawless Remix (feat. Nicki Minaj)
  • Drunk In Love Remix (feat. Jay Z & Kanye West)
  • Ring Off
  • Blow Remix (feat. Pharrell Williams)
  • Standing On The Sun Remix (feat. Mr Vegas)
LIVE DVD
  • Run The World (Girls)
  • ***Flawless
  • Get Me Bodied
  • Blow
  • Haunted
  • Drunk In Love (Featuring JAY Z)
  • 1 + 1
  • Partition
  • Heaven
  • XO
Original CD
Original DVD

Only two new songs all up. :/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

if you don't enjoy listening to the flawless, perfect, and immaculate intros, then you don't deserve the blessing that is BEYONCÉ

please go and listen to ULTRAVIOLENCE more, which is the aural equivalent of listening to nothing but a massive intro to the world's most boring, shitty song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom