• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

!!!!!!!!!

The original isn't out yet, but here is a Get a Little Closer remix. It slays.

FIRO!

ibsSSuxKqPX5lr.gif

wait

now she has 2 songs I like

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't see much iconography in the We Found Love video tbh. It's greatly shot, but other than that? Nothing special.

POP video's are great when they have signature dance moves or something that you can imitate.

That's why Crazy in Love and Single Ladies are so iconic. The video's had a lot of signature moves, had a lot of impact and were imitated like crazy.

Does Rihanna even have signature dance moves?

iDF5GTx0bUWoo.gif

...besides that one
ibcBlypJSZP3F8.gif
0198-rihanna-patting-her-pussy.gif

I know you Forrest
I know you wouldn't hurt a beetle
But you're so buff, and so strong
I'm nervous Forrest

Forrest Gump
My fingertips, and my lips, they burn
From the cigarettes
Forrest Gump you run my mind boy
Running on my mind boy
Forrest Gump

The true gay anthem
iXSYH8NIiYdnD.gif

Mau ®

I'm ready for the Rhat to go Heauxm.

reverse-1284542677_rihanna-katy-perry-catfight.gif

I was counting on Roy to go all out on this one. I even sent him a shirtless pic. Mess.

reverse-1284542677_rihanna-katy-perry-catfight.gif

Yado

I suppose we could do worse that Madonna. Bjork should have been the overall winner but the world is unjust that way.

iR9cwtzqbKztO.gif

Here's a progress report on the final bracket rounds:

First, you chose MADONNA over LADY GAGA:

iA6IcBwl090uL.png

And when having to choose between BEYONCE and RIHANNA, you made your voices loud and clear! Here are your results:

i5yUb3j5tD28a.png

What started as a neck to neck race ended with a huge last minute rally behind Queen Bey, sending her over the top!!

ihIzV59CWDUxT.png

18 contenders, 32 battles, 1,433 votes in. Is this the final matchup you expected?

Ready your one last PM. This game is almost over kids. FINAL BATTLE CRASHING IN SOON!

Vazduh

rebel heart slays a lot

I actually like it! I wouldn't call it a slay, but it's a solid, pleasant, and radio-friendly pop song. I wouldn't mind it being on the album.

Wash All Over Me is also okay, I guess, although like many others pointed out, it wouldn't sound out of place on MDNA. That is not a compliment.

umT @ Rebel Heart.

Hang it up, Madge.

[edit]: Hearing Ellie Goulding curse makes me laugh for some reason.

But bitch I got it now~

I now use three Iggy songs. I'm considering rehab.

Yado

umT @ Rebel Heart.

Hang it up, Madge.

[edit]: Hearing Ellie Goulding curse makes me laugh for some reason.

But bitch I got it now~

I now use three Iggy songs. I'm considering rehab.

I've noticed you subtly complimenting her music a lot lately and now this. You're well on your way to becoming one of the Igguanas.

ighP5Cxc3wJCJ.gif

But girl I can't feel my face
What are we smokin' anyway
She said don't let the high go to waste
But can you taste, a little taste

Novacane, baby, baby, novacane, baby, I want you
Fuck me good, fuck me long, fuck me numb
Love me now, when I'm gone, love me none
Love me none, love me none, numb, numb, numb, numb

rihannamoonwalk.gif

I still don't know why this song wasn't on Channel Orange. It shits on every song on that album.

I've noticed you subtly complimenting her music a lot lately and now this. You're well on your way to becoming one of the Igguanas.

I love myself far too much to let that happen.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
that rita ora song is such a slay
there any links floating about for madge's leak?

It's the end, everybody!

You voted for months and out of the 18 contenders you nominated, you chose your two favorites.

A quick look back at the most voted on divas, numbers 10 to 3:

iblF8royauYzhO.png

Lady Gaga retained a huge lead in total vote count, putting her pretty on par with Madonna and Beyonce's total count. Not bad for a third place bitch, right?

Moving right along, here comes the last match of the OT-X Tourney:

ifzXkaJZWaaPk.png

This might get heated. Who will be crowned POPGAF'S ULTIMATE FAVE? Pop music icon Madonna, who's earned her stripes through thirty-plus years of gargantuan pop cultural dominance? Or the most talented pop star to grace a live stage in modern years, and someone whose level of polish remains virtually unmatched?

These ladies are much more on par than you'd like to think. In fact they're so comparable that they performed consecutively at the biggest live venue in the world. And they both killed it.

AND I MADE A THREAD ABOUT IT.
Nothing says pop music like a shamelessly derailed OT thread, so get into it if you'd like.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE! Now crown your winner, POPGAF!

tumblr_lb6rf3bX701qezxsoo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is American Life the most underrated Madonna alber? It sounds pretty hilariously dated these days but there's some solid bops in there.

fuck it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is American Life the most underrated Madonna alber? It sounds pretty hilariously dated these days but there's some solid bops in there.

fuck it

It's dated sure but it has more bops than some albums people tend to praise around here at times.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Adam Lambert does a pretty good Freddy Mercury going by the X-Factor performance.

Adam has great vocals most of the time but the issue comes that he doesn't know how to do proper solo work. His second album was good but it didn't had any GP appeal. Also the damage done by the mediocre first album, the AMA's performance and overall being too extra on the first album era killed his chances in some areas.

Vazduh

fuck it

Probably, yes. It's far from perfect, but there are some really good songs on it, like Hollywood, Nothing Fails, X-Static Process, Nobody Knows Me...

I much prefer that album to MDMA and Hard Candy.

Adam has great vocals most of the time but the issue comes that he doesn't know how to do proper solo work. His second album was good but it didn't had any GP appeal. Also the damage done by the mediocre first album, the AMA's performance and overall being too extra on the first album era killed his chances in some areas.

I agree. The first album was essentially a compilation of B-sides made by other artists. For Your Entertainment was a Justin Hawkins song. Whataya Want From Me was a song originally recorded by P!nk. Fever was one of Gaga's B-sides, Soaked was probably a Muse B-side etc.

But the second album was solid. Too bad it flopped because it deserved much better sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom