• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Spin 101 Best Songs of 2014

29. Lana Del Rey - West Coast
24. Charli XCX - Boom Clap
7. Beyonce - XO

Yasss

That, plus:

72. Kiesza, "Hideaway"
71. Nicki Minaj, "Lookin Ass"
70. Todd Terje feat. Bryan Ferry, "Johnny and Mary"
64. Jessie Ware, "Tough Love"
46. ScHoolboy Q, "Man of the Year"
33. Ryn Weaver, "OctaHate"
26. Betty Who, "Runaways"
23. Cloud Nothings, "I'm Not Part of Me"
15. FKA Twigs, "Two Weeks"
13. tUnE-yArDs, "Water Fountain"
12. Tinashe feat. ScHoolboy Q, "2 On"
11. Caribou, "Can't Do Without You"
9. Childbirth, "I Only Fucked You As a Joke"
8. Sia, "Chandelier"

1. Future Islands, "Seasons (Waiting on You)" <3 <3 <3 <3

I really like this list! I'm going to have to check the rest, there are plenty of songs and artists I haven't even heard of.

xxczx

still don't know how I feel with Charli not putting superlove on the album while boom clap is.

it's the more obvious choice since boom clap is one of her most popular songs right now but it doesn't exactly fit in with the other songs and i honestly think it's her weakest song.

or I'm just a little sad it's not another True Romance where you could immerse yourself with the album and feel a little uneasy with the silence after Lock You Up plays.

Superlove fits well and I'm just butthurt.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
still don't know how I feel with Charli not putting superlove on the album while boom clap is.

it's the more obvious choice since boom clap is one of her most popular songs right now but it doesn't exactly fit in with the other songs and i honestly think it's her weakest song.

or I'm just a little sad it's not another True Romance where you could immerse yourself with the album and feel a little uneasy with the silence after Lock You Up plays.

Charli said she doesnt want to make the same album twice and her plan for the 3rd album the inspiration will be J-Pop. I'll add SuperLove before Breaking Up or after Caught In The Middle.

xxczx

Charli said she doesnt want to make the same album twice and her plan for the 3rd album the inspiration will be J-Pop. I'll add SuperLove before Breaking Up or after Caught In The Middle.
I know she said that but what she describes Sucker doesn't describe Boom Clap at all.

Once Boom Clap success took off unexpectedly, she ditched Superlove which she once called the lead single of Sucker.

Vazduh

How did alex get himself banned? RIP.

And btw, alex, if you're reading this,
the answer to the question you've asked in another thread is: yes, it can help very much. A literal life-saver.

I love this description, that's how I'd always feel after finishing the album. It's not a haunting track per se, but there's something really melancholic about it. Like you're at an afterparty, and almost everybody has already left home except for the few drunk people, and you're still standing under the disco lights, pondering the meaning of life.

I... may have been in that situation a couple of times.

Vazra

I know she said that but what she describes Sucker doesn't describe Boom Clap at all.

Once Boom Clap success took off unexpectedly, she ditched Superlove which she once called the lead single of Sucker.
The process for Sucker was a mess as originally was straight up punk then moved to Pop with some punk vibes. SuperLove came before the time she was mad at everyone wanting her to make tons of I Love It clones. I wanted SuperLove in but the album seems like it will be alright.

Boom Clap took off so she added it to the album but still doesn't mean SL was scrapped because of it. She could have added SL and more instead of scrapping most of the punk album.

Edit: True Romance goes perfectly after Sucker in terms of listening order. After the energy of Sucker chill with TR.

RIP Alex :( Come back to us sis

I cannot get enough of that Mariah Carey live mic feed. So unreal to me. The way her voice cuts out right after that long falsetto note kills me. It's not like the whole thing is terrible but the sound of a voice crack like that is HILARIOUS

Also the "MAKE MA WISH COME Truuuoouuuuouuue" tickles me so much

tumblr_ng9kriQ7NK1tkqpxfo1_500.jpg

Kii.

Vazra

Rolling Stone Magazine said:
You gotta hand it to 22 year old who, on the brink of pop mega stardom,opens her latest LP with a chant of "Fuck you, Sucker!" But allow Charlotte Aitchison some cockiness. The writer and singer behind one of the decade's most irresistible pop jambs (Icona Pop's "I Love it") and as well as one of its biggest (Iggy Azalea's Fancy). she clearly patterned her second LP on the Debbie Harry and CBGB-scene pinups on her Instagram- see "London Queen" a song about tripping on America that channels Joey Ramone's fake British accent through a real one an even swings a baseball bat.

But Sucker is no retro gesture: Charli runs the album's rock and roll guitars and attitude through enough distressed digital production and thumb type vernacular to make this the first fully up dated iteration of punk pop in ages. It's also a fitting cap to a music year defined by powerful young women. Aitchison understands that the difference between a big dumb song and an awesome big dumb song is often just a tiny bit more groove and musk. A clever guitar riff and synth hiccup work alchemy on boilerplate bling-worship of "Gold Coins" and "Break the Rules" gets incredible mileage from rhyming the title with "I don't wanna go to school" Like so many of the pop pleasures here, it's a sentiment that just never gets old.
4/5

Everyone likes Gaga they just want her to pop their pussies again

Wait for PUSSYPOP in 2015 #smugglemyhymen #wheredidmycherrygo #bottomheavybeats #whenwillfroot

Mau ®

Shut up.

The Rhat's Diamonds World Tour grossed almost double of the ARTRAVE. Unlike HasBeenGa, the Rhat goes to new strengths with every era.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Its true no one likes HasBeenGa even she herself knows this thats why she running away from the pop landscape
and trying to find a new audience with Madonna's age group and weed heads

ib1FY05ePXqkn0.gif

Meowster

Godga is just irritating because she's turned into an old hag/daycare owner and has been since sometime around the end of the BTWBall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom