• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mental gymnastics necessary to stan anything non-music-related of this poor excuse of a woman.

I wish she never managed to get her album out, I didn't like it anyway, and she wouldn't have had the platform to spout her verbal aids on everyone. (Who am I kidding, even when she was a total nobody, people kept checking for that mess).

Truly the shittiest woman in the game right now.

the ki of someone coming for another's moral standards while using the term "verbal aids"

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
but what's da context?

She's been going in because some jews got reparations from the holocaust, and native americans got reparations from the government for their own atrocities yet the descendants from black slaves have received nothing from anyone, so shes been going off demanding money.

I love ha music so it's so frustrating to see all this. She was on point about the state of the music industry and modern perceptions to black people and she probably has a point to do with reparations to descendants, especially from businesses that are around now that profited from them, but for every good point she puts forward she counters with a victim blaming or money grabbing tweet.

She's been going in because some jews got reparations from the holocaust, and native americans got reparations from the government for their own atrocities yet the descendants from black slaves have received nothing from anyone, so shes been going off demanding money.

I love ha music so it's so frustrating to see all this. She was on point about the state of the music industry and modern perceptions to black people and she probably has a point to do with reparations to descendants, especially from businesses that are around now that profited from them, but for every good point she puts forward she counters with a victim blaming or money grabbing tweet.

Yup, it seems like that's just the way she functions. She's erratic and occasionally speaks some truth and then shrouds it in a bunch of fuckshit.

Luckily that bullshit hasn't bled into her music which is why I still love it so much.

I literally had a dream last night that Grimes had an amazing voice, and I was raving about her to my family being like "you should listen to Grimes, her voice is out of this world"

And then I woke up feeling like I've been lied to by my brain. I don't even know what to think

Touchdown

Banned
8 Player Smash Bros. during the holidays...this is life.

tumblr_mgrbjbpL4a1qcrgoyo1_400_zps2f43d356.gif

They rise when i arrive in this,
“All Hail The Supreme Ice Princess!”
Tell the carriage, hurry up and come and get me,
tell the haters run along you can miss me,
Hollywood you can go and A-list me..
I like a shot of hard whisky..

I'm feelin it, I'm feeling a change
I'm feeling it, in the air
[x2]
So let me in

tumblr_mq04leWP5J1spo3yuo1_500.gif

edit: azealia released all the lyrics of bwet on her tumblr and i never noticed yaasss i wont have to guess anymore

Tinashe 's album slays. Bet, Feels like Vegas, Wildfire are all great. I wonder if that interlude with the girl on the piano is her.

Doing it from Charli Xcx is also pretty catchy.

royalan

So, when are we going to change the thread title?

Beyonce has left a foul taint on this OT. I can feel it, and so can all of you.

royalan

My girl Sammus turned me onto some Mapei. I like some of her stuff, but not all of it. I think she should do more acoustic though.

I've actually been meaning to do a post on her.

I'm not the biggest fan of her album (it's very low-budget and unfocused). But I love--LOVE--"Don't Wait" probably one of my most played songs this year. Also, every time I play that song at work I get at least one "Who is this???"

If she focused more on the vibe she achieves in that song, she'd have something.

Aguila

#ICONIC
The new Hedionda songs are dry, ancient pellets of shit. Rectal Hernia is MDNA 1.1

She needs to sink back into her tomb, take another thousand year nap, and start over.

gret84.gif

Gurl, My Hands slays you. So the bar ain't high tbh.
I actually don't like My Hands

Slurred diction, features Leona's weakest vocal register, Ryan Tedder's "My First Casio" drums all over the place

but thanks for reminding me to re-listen to landmark masterpiece Echo

B-Dex

I actually don't like My Hands

Slurred diction, features Leona's weakest vocal register, Ryan Tedder's "My First Casio" drums all over the place

but thanks for reminding me to re-listen to landmark masterpiece Echo

I actually heard one more sleep in a spotify Christmas playlist and it was cute on Christmas Day.

Nemesis_

Sounds like an American life or music reject track with updated pop culture references. Horrible.

It reminds me of Scream and Shout except that Scream and Shout actually went somewhere when it broke down into it's chorus (and I am using the term "somewhere" very modestly).

I've actually been meaning to do a post on her.

I'm not the biggest fan of her album (it's very low-budget and unfocused). But I love--LOVE--"Don't Wait" probably one of my most played songs this year. Also, every time I play that song at work I get at least one "Who is this???"

If she focused more on the vibe she achieves in that song, she'd have something.

Have you listened to her first album The Cocoa Butter Diaries? Only one track is on Youtube.

I never really cared for Rock the Boat, but the video stands out to me. When Aaliyah died and they interviewed the choreographer for that video, it sounded like the choreographer lusted for Aaliyah. It the was the way she talked about her and her facial expressions and not to mention the girl on girl air humping she put in the video as well.

I also just found out that Prince finally has music on Youtube and the first song I heard was a cover of Alice Smith's Another Love from She.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRmTyz5vJz0&app=desktop

rude

Banned
nnnn looking for rare mimi performances and she performed a few seconds of fourth of july last year. choking @ her sounding just like the album. it's clear that her voice is extra shit because of her alcohol problems (besides aging etc).

Is The One the best song on Charmbracelet y/y????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom