• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latch

lettuce not forget the greatest V cover of all time

grimes-sky-ferreira-charli-xcx-v-magazine-cover.jpg

this is scary

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
YAS at Sia releasing her BOP "Elastic Heart" as the next single. The video comes out today too.

It features
Shia Labouf o_O
and Maddie from the Chandelier video!

Teaser

is shia naked locked in a cage with a child?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
an album of happy love songs and sex anthems then

SaintZ

Lana's new album is called Honeymoon
and yes it will flop as well

QTHhXHK.gif
cksjlasxla d wait what why does this happen when im at lunch.

Oh she revealed it on a Billboard interview:
Does the Big Eyes song give us any indication of how the new album will sound?
It's very different from the last one and similar to the first two, Born to Die and Paradise. I finished my last one [Ultraviolence] in March and released it in June and I had a follow-up idea. It's growing into something I really like. I'm kind of enjoying sinking into this more noirish feel for this one. It's been good.

You're still writing everything?
I'm doing a cover of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." After doing a cover of [Jessie Mae Robinson's] "The Other Woman," I like summarizing the record with a jazz song. I'm having fun with my interpretation.

I assume you're relying on the Nina Simone versions?
"Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" and "The Other Woman" are my favorites. I'm so so much [a fan].
So it's gonna be more like BtD & Paradise. Some people will be happy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i think we're past the honeymoon with lana

we're now into the phase where we think that jumping onto the back of a motorbike and getting hitched in vegas was a bad idea and now we're thinking about banging a more interesting woman

Lana her ARTPOP is coming.

Born To Die = The Fame
Paradise EP = The Fame Monster EP
Ultraviolence = Born This Way
#4 being similar to BTD = ARTPOP being similar to TF

Mau ®;146254886 said:
Ultraviolence being comprared to Born This Way is a disgrace. Born This Way is actually fantastic.

Well their commonalities are that they're darker/harsher than the first two albums, though not as accessible to non-fans. The difference though is that Born This Way is a modern pop classic (sorry bout it) and Ultraviolence will only be remembered as an also-ran Lana cut.

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;146254886 said:
Ultraviolence being compared to Born This Way is a disgrace. Born This Way is actually fantastic.

hmm, both departed in sound for a more 'rock' theme. like BTW, UV has her best songs amiss a lot of filler / some of her worst.

also:

4uq2G8C.png

DR9cGCP.png

qVGVMyI.png

9AovNLg.png

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;146257127 said:
Metacritic lol.

Besides, you love Born This Way. Don't front.

get into kween metacritic

yes BTW is GaGa her best album, but looking back I don't really 'love' it. Her discography as a whole is extremely underwhelming.

Mau ®

Can we discuss STYLE coming to destroy everything in it's path?

Style

#10 Singapore
#16 Philippines
#18 Vietnam
#23 United States
#27 United Arab Emirates
#29 Sweden
#33 Thailand
#34 Canada
#35 Uganda
#42 Brunei Darussalam
#49 Australia
#62 New Zealand
#70 Turkey
#73 Indonesia
#75 Norway
#83 Brunei Darussalam
#84 United Kingdom
#90 Mozambique
#90 Slovenia
#96 Trinidad and Tobago
#97 Mexico

Partition

Banned
Which artist is that

Also I wonder how much ARTPOP's likability will go up once Gaga releases another polarizing album that 50% of the populace will hate. It'll probably just be a common thing with her. It usually is the case with Madge

gurl they say this about Zelda too but i'll never get into Flaccid Sword the ARTPOP of games

cue "____ is such shit compared to ARTPOP, which I'm starting to listen to again" posts in late 2015 once Gaga releases my new favorite alber.

Also Skyward Sword sucks. I'm trying to be less judgemental in 2015 but fuck it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
cue "____ is such shit compared to ARTPOP, which I'm starting to listen to again" posts in late 2015 once Gaga releases my new favorite alber.

Also Skyward Sword sucks. I'm trying to be less judgemental in 2015 but fuck it

Well if she manages to lower that already low bar it would be an achievement.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;146259944 said:
Can we discuss STYLE coming to destroy everything in it's path?

Style

#10 Singapore
#16 Philippines
#18 Vietnam
#23 United States
#27 United Arab Emirates
#29 Sweden
#33 Thailand
#34 Canada
#35 Uganda
#42 Brunei Darussalam
#49 Australia
#62 New Zealand
#70 Turkey
#73 Indonesia
#75 Norway
#83 Brunei Darussalam
#84 United Kingdom
#90 Mozambique
#90 Slovenia
#96 Trinidad and Tobago
#97 Mexico

eek, trinidad and tobago better WATCH OUT

SaintZ

That's an odd way to spell Toilet Princess
giphy.gif
YAS TELL HIM.

Skyward Sword was good. It's not the game's fault people didn't know how to control Link tbh
except with the thrust motion, wtf was that unresponsive mess.

TP has shit story, unmemorable characters and the worst Zelda ever (her design slayed tho). The only good thing about it was Midna.

giphy.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I mean, the posts look okay at first but there's some other stuff going on later that makes it seem like you're saying something else that's a lot meaner than what's being written

Like the drinking a coffee with grounds hidden at the bottom

but everyone's so polite

I feel bad

YAS TELL HIM.

Skyward Sword was good. It's not the game's fault people didn't know how to control Link tbh

TP has shit story, unmemorable characters and the worst Zelda ever (her design slayed tho). The only good thing about it was Midna.

giphy.gif
I mean, TP gets kind of boring but SS is such a fucking bore... it gets so boring after like the first 3 dungeons.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I mean, the posts look okay at first but there's some other stuff going on later that makes it seem like you're saying something else that's a lot meaner than what's being written

but everyone's so polite

I feel bad

Stay long enough and you'll learn everything.
896b501df2.gif

Floridian

but everyone's so polite

I feel bad

i'm really nice, it's just a tuesday night, and idk why but i'm stressed a bit.

Yado

YAS TELL HIM.

giphy.gif

!!
It's so boring, I had to force myself to finish it.

Partition

Banned
Flaccid Sword was 50% filler, had no compelling overworld (yes TP aint perfect in this regard but it felt much more organic), only like two memorable dungeons, Midna >>>>>>>>> Fi, combat was a chore and repetitive, final boss was NOTHING compared to TP's... I can go on. But really Tee Pee her immaculatE dungeons alone make it more worthwhile than SS.

Vitanimus

but everyone's so polite

I feel bad

We love everyone here 🌝

Where is blue badger?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
isn't Lana's new alber produced by Mark Ronson?

that alone is reason to be a bit excited

i've had Bang Bang Bang on loop for the last fortnight. a bonafide banger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom