• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that the true Queen of Popgaf is Gaga, her power to always sneak in the conversation is amazing since apparently she is irrelevant now...

Gretchen.gif
I was gunna post this
Mod should change the OT title tbh

I am perched for her new album though. I need another BTSlay

She lost in the early rounds if I remember correctly.

tumblr_ni86bw43CE1qco6swo1_500.gif

A true testament to a lamb's pulling power.

Touchdown: The Tom Delay of POPGAF.

And for reference:

Beyonce outvoted:
- Ellie Goulding
- Ke$ha
- Robyn
- Kylie Minogue
- Britney Spears
- Rihanna
- Madonna

But was beaten by only:
- Mariah Carey

Lady Gaga outvoted:
- Lana Del Rey
- Robyn
- Britney Spears

But was beaten by only:
- Madonna

Bey slayed it

rhandino

Banned
That and was tied like the night before... It was a real nail biter and the results are still painful ;_;
A Xbone vs PS4 December NPD Tea.

I wonder how many votes Mariah managed to pull on her own without all that promo that Touchdown sis pulled for ha. At least the meltdowns were funny and the gifs lifegiving so kudos for all that hard work.

iBcrcTS5uRsYl.gif

B-Dex

So my friend's mother passed away this morning and he posted the most beautiful and eloquent tribute to her on his Facebook.

I was in the mood for a great emotional ballad or 50 to get me through. But I realized almost all pop ballads are about love and not actual loss. And then I realized I didn't want some sappy ballad playing. Especially while reflecting on the subject at hand.

It donned on me that my fave had the perfect song to celebrate her and the amazing son she has. Especially fitting due to the circumstances of her passing.

And what really did me in, and I'm still tearring up, is the picture he posted of him holding her hand in the hospital bed.

I'm so emotionally done today.

Bless you Gaga for getting me through the day.

Touchdown

Banned
So my friend's mother passed away this morning and he posted the most beautiful and eloquent tribute to her on his Facebook.

I was in the mood for a great emotional ballad or 50 to get me through. But I realized almost all pop ballads are about love and not actual loss. And then I realized I didn't want some sappy ballad playing. Especially while reflecting on the subject at hand.

It donned on me that my fave had the perfect song to celebrate her and the amazing son she has. Especially fitting due to the circumstances of her passing.

And what really did me in, and I'm still tearring up, is the picture he posted of him holding her hand in the hospital bed.

I'm so emotionally done today.

Bless you Gaga for getting me through the day.

Get into the number one pop ballad hit about loss on the hot 100 billboard charts eva. One Sweet Day
ec20fb7f.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Aw, hi :) Now you can see why I stan "corpses" as someone so kindly here told me, still makes me laugh tho

EDIT: I thought the spoiler was going to be Rihanna in the Billboard's Top Ten Defining Artists of the 2010s post. Seems a huge oversight.

Well most of those corpses are still more talented and vocally competent than most of the girls some people here stan so no worries :p

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Does anyone else think it's weird that Mariah got more votes in the first round than I Am Mooriah...The Chubby Songstress had total sales

royalan

Just admit it. Everyone likes and is holding out love for Gaga. Every two pages is back to trashing Gaga... I mean, that's love.

If that's the case then ALL you hoes better have a copy of Lotus on your shelves. The deluxe edition.

And Godel better have the special edition with the fan book, AND season passes to the The Voice tapings.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If that's the case then ALL you hoes better have a copy of Lotus on your shelves. The deluxe edition.

And Godel better have the special edition with the fan book, AND season passes to the The Voice tapings.

I spotified the album for the review. :eli:

Nick Cannon files for divorce from Mariah

This may be the first time meat has escaped from the pinguid chanteuse...

id4cwWvTGDZRC.gif
Mariah is a timeless enchantress no matter how girthy the junk she temporarily stores as an accessory to keep America's obese majority in good spirits.

Your consonant-challenged fave, on the other hand, better not gain a single pound lest her depraved, "To Catch A Predator"-sympathizing stans discover what little talent Arid-anus actually posesses.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Kylie/Giorgio Moroder track leaked. It's good! Can't wait to hear what the Brit track will sound like!

y'all are sleeping on this slay

edit; Nemesis what would you say Madonna's best tour is?
I'm in the mood for the queen

Nemesis_

y'all are sleeping on this slay

edit; Nemesis what would you say Madonna's best tour is?
I'm in the mood for the queen

I've only watched up to the Reinvention Tour so I haven't watched the allegedly amazing Confessions, Sticky and Sweet tours.

But of the ones I've watched I'd definitely recommend Blonde Ambition and Reinvention. They're both pretty great spectacles.

Drowned World is still so weird to me. It's almost grounsbreaking how she makes the transition from her smaller tours to these huge and intense productions. And it's supporting two great albums. But halfway through it just gets so boring.

Basically all her tours are worth a watch barring her first two which were positively tragic.

I definitely prefer Madge when she does concept albums of sorts. For Reinvention she was really poking fun at America at times and I liked how she reinvented a lot of her songs.

Phreaker

If you have not seen Blond Ambition I urge you to watch it. It was at such a great time in her career and is an iconic musical performance. The tour did a lot of firsts, plus she was threatened to be arrested for her Like A Virgin performance in some cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom