• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Mau ®;149765267 said:
Missy Elliot is Katy's second SuperBowl guest.

NGL her guests are amazing.

OMG YES.

QUEEN MISSY

So happy to see her getting back out there after her battle with a life-threatening illness.

ibcbXHKhKSHOMA.gif

0947b0ea4f.png

For the handful of interested folk in here, a reliable Leona insider has basically unleashed a tell-all of the Glassheart debacle. Nothing we don't already know, but to actually hear it from the horse's mouth (it's an idiom, people) is pretty jarring.

The most eye-opening revelations:

Let's be clear.. And to put all the speculation to bed!..Leona did not want Trouble as her first single from the Glassheart album.. The first single was supposed to be Come Alive.. That was why she did the radio1 Hackney Festival.. Radio 1 wanted that song for their station on rotation..

Her choice for the second single was Glassheart.. It was the Lable that decided to go with Trouble because they felt that trouble would keep Leona in her own lane tempo and musically wise with all the tempo stuff that was being played in that period ..Then they made the Love bird video to keep the tempo..And we all know what happened there!.. This is one of many reasons that Leona finds herself in this current position..so please don't blame Leona..

What could've been :-(

But the silver lining of having a new record label who actually gives a shit:

I have heard the album.. I don't get excited about much but ..Trust me it is by far the greatest album that Leona has ever made. It's fantastic to say the least.. Toby Gadd and Leona Lewis are a dream team musically... There are no album fillers every song could be a single.. this info also comes from all the high fliers and low fliers at Universal and Island.. Trust me again this is well well well worth waiting for..

0947b0ea4f.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Mau ®;149765267 said:

WHAT
YASSSSS
she best launch a new album off of this

Nemesis_

Reading that Leona Lewis "leak" of information has made me so disenchanted about those leaks.

Almost every leak ever like always is lke THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM YET YOU GUYS WAIT TILL YOU HEAR IT.

Nobody has ever come out and said "it's shit, don't get your hopes up"

it's so....

i don t know

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Reading that Leona Lewis "leak" of information has made me so disenchanted about those leaks.

Almost every leak ever like always is lke THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM YET YOU GUYS WAIT TILL YOU HEAR IT.

Nobody has ever come out and said "it's shit, don't get your hopes up"

it's so....

i don t know

Remember Madonna and Rebel Trash hype?

Mau ®

Missy is still the best ever female rapper as far as I'm concerned.

Her work with Timbaland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nicki's Monster verse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Garbaj's career.

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;149833046 said:
Missy is still the best ever female rapper as far as I'm concerned.

Her work with Timbaland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nicki's Monster verse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Garbaj's career.

wheres does Iggy fit into this equation

Mau ®

The FourFiveHead video was shot by Inez and Vinoodh, directors of the "Applause" video.

This truly will be her ARTPOP era :/

rude

Banned
The applause video was mildly entertaining but ultimately forgettable seeing as I can't really remember anything other than her being turned into a swan. I&V's old mid 90s to mid 2000s photography is good; I hope that they can actually turn in something solid for once.

The Flop

Banned
Mau ®;149765267 said:

I can't wait for the slayage, but her answer at the press conference for how much of it will be live singing was... kii.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;149838281 said:
The FourFiveHead video was shot by Inez and Vinoodh, directors of the "Applause" video.

i0npXIOowlJ73.gif

Will at least have a lyric video with the same quality as the one for Applause.

Mau ®;149838281 said:

Applause is a really really really well directed video so the triplets are in good hands.

I wish Inez and Vinoodh did more with Gaga tbh :(

Vazra

Club dance beat, Pitbull, high-as-a-kite ke$ha, lyrics about being drunk, what more can u ask for.

Something less cliche for a song that was released on a year that most of the songs were about partying and getting drunk. Better and less overprocessed vocals would maybe help too.

Floridian

Something less cliche for a song that was released on a year that most of the songs were about partying and getting drunk. Better and less overprocessed vocals would maybe help too.

It's not Ke$ha's fault that 2012 was full of cliche party dance music. She actually has a great voice outside the studio, and pitbull was needed to make the song a guaranteed "hit".

Vazra

It's not Ke$ha's fault that 2012 was full of cliche party dance music. She actually has a great voice outside the studio, and pitbull was needed to make the song a guaranteed "hit".

Ke$ha is not exactly the problem but the whole picture of it. Kesha Rose has decent vocals and she proved it on a few acoustic stuff and this recent track "Lover" which if that is the direction of the album I'm absolutely in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom