• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynosure

2014 song of the year

those vocals, mariah prime could never
rude, amirite?
e5306903.gif

rhandino

Banned

I been looking trough last years photoshoots of supermodel and occasional singer Rihanna and remembered why I was so perched for his "dark" era. Some of her shoots last year where so interesting.

BusvlRhCYAAc9It.jpg

Still perched since 45 Seconds is NOT a bad song, maybe the album is full of bops T_T

And let me sigh at the sound of Rebel Heart who appears to have no end in sight (25 songs, is she out of her mind? I would love that some of my other faves release so much music at once but then again, this is kind of boring... =/)

Phreaker

Maybe I don't care for 45s because I don't even understand it?

Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'

Does this mean she is four or five seconds from going wild or fourtyfive?

And we got three more days 'til Friday

So it's Tuesday?

I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday, mornin'

She needs to get home within a week...

I swear I wish somebody would tell me

Tell you what?

Ooh thats all I want

What is all you want?

Am I though? I thought this site was famous for people talking and incessantly bitching about video games that they've never played.

True, while POPGAF is famous for people talking and incessantly bitching about music that they don't listen to

#buyLotusoniTunes #it'snotmuch #butit'ssomething

Maybe I don't care for 45s because I don't even understand it?

Now I'm FourFiveSeconds from wildin'

Does this mean she is four or five seconds from going wild or fourtyfive?

And we got three more days 'til Friday

So it's Tuesday?

I'm just tryna make it back home by Monday, mornin'

She needs to get home within a week...

I swear I wish somebody would tell me

Tell you what?

Ooh thats all I want

What is all you want?

Her ARTPOP could mean anything. Though knowing her it's probably about pussy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KSOMA3QBU0

800 million views

woo poor Lady WiiGa.

Perch yourself for Madame Gags to elevate the human condition in 2017.

Hope she comes in riding a giant animatronic Sarah Jessica Parker and then has it announce Sex and the City 3 while vomiting paint on tiny robot Celine Dions

EDIT: Oh I thought this was a superbowl link. Still, the above could work just as a music video for #ARTPOPPart2FirstSingle

The Flop

Banned
Did y'all see iTunes top albers today (US)?

iLJMCSle4hGvz.png

Congrats ladies!

Teenage Dream and Prism are in the top 20 again too.

Get into these BOPS,

"Top Down"
"Sledgehammer"
"Bo$$"
"Worth It"
"This is how we roll"
"Like Mariah"

Give them your coins, or at least stream it :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
As much as I love her, I've always found Gaga's videography quite weak. Which is odd as she's such a visual and theatrical person irl with all the crazy outfits etc. and stage performances, red carpet appearances etc. You'd think it would translate to the screen but most of her videos are a damn mess (Edge of Glory? G.U.Y? Judas? BTW? ugh).

I honestly don't get the love for the Bad Romance video. The song is amazing but the vid is very average imo. Bunch of cheap looking costumes, quick cuts to her crying face and white backdrops. Kylie did it better with Can't Get You Outta My Head.
watch

Telephone remains Gaga's best music video.

As much as I love her, I've always found Gaga's videography quite weak. Which is odd as she's such a visual and theatrical person irl with all the crazy outfits etc. and stage performances, red carpet appearances etc. You'd think it would translate to the screen but most of her videos are a damn mess (Edge of Glory? G.U.Y? Judas? BTW? ugh).

I honestly don't get the love for the Bad Romance video. The song is amazing but the vid is very average imo. Bunch of cheap looking costumes, quick cuts to her crying face and white backdrops. Kylie did it better with Can't Get You Outta My Head.
watch

Truth.

It's not a bad video by any means, but I don't get what's special about it either. It's just a video for a great song when everyone was ready for Gaga to dominate pop.

Mau ®;150473153 said:
Um.

Kanye makes everything better.
I know a bar out in Mars
Where they drivin' spaceships instead of cars
Cop a prada space suit about the stars
Getting stupid hah, straight up out the jars
Pockets on shrek, rockets on deck
Tell me what's next? Alien sex.
Imma disrobe you
Then Imma probe you
See I've abducted you
So I'll tell you what to do
I tell you what to do (what to do, what to do)
iC57WiHTpTtni.gif

Even BEFORE we talk about the rape comment, what kind of shit lyrics...
"What's next? Alien sex?" #BuyMassEffect

rude

Banned

watch

ok @ you deciding to make sense. telephone is definitely gaga's best. it combines basically everything that used to be good about her into one. the smashing choreo, the randomness, the not over the top homoeroticsm, the fashion...it's truly everything.

NGL I'm partial to Alejandro's video too.

Partition

Banned
Telephone is okay but it's messy parts make it weaker than BR (all the product placement for one).

Alejandro is just a gigantic mess, ushering in her era of messy videos.

Mau ®

Telephone is okay but it's messy parts make it weaker than BR (all the product placement for one).

I think the product placements were clearly intentional, no?

Telephone is also my fave Gaga video. Like rude said, it encapsulates what made her great. It all slowly went to shit afterwards.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lawd i still remember getting my life to the alejandro teasers

Aguila

#ICONIC
I divide Gaga's videography into Pre-Bad Romance, Bad Romance, and Post-Bad Romance.

Everything Pre-Bad Romance only served to culminate into Bad Romance, ha peak.

Everything Post-Bad Romance was ha decline into messy, bloated, nonsense videos. Poor it.

I divide Gaga's videography into Pre-Bad Romance, Bad Romance, and Post-Bad Romance.

Everything Pre-Bad Romance only served to culminate into Bad Romance, ha peak.

Everything Post-Bad Romance was ha decline into messy, bloated, nonsense videos. Poor it.
Applause is post-Bad Romance and it's a concise, focused slay tho

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
lXSPjQ0.gif

slays me every time

but lbr Gaga's videos are largely great
Love Game, Poker Face, Papparazzi, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Judas, You and I*, Marry the Night, Applause and GUY

Her videography shits on most other artists

*(even though I didn't like that song, the video was on point and gave us that gif of britney chasing gaga with an umberella)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom