• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

Man, Even her flop eras are a sight to behold, I guess that the lessors could only aspire to flop harder than her.

ibbxsRfh2xCwWC.gif

Mimi stay breaking all records.

Mariah-MicStolen.gif

I need to turn in my stan card because I don't know the story behind this, and would like to know````

And it has TWISTER

I'm trying to find the interview, but Mary's been a huge Mariah fan since forever and after she heard We Belong Together, she wanted a version of that for herself and thus, Be Without You was born. I remember there being a huge fiasco where people were claiming Mariah stole the track off of Mary because supposedly BWY was in production first and Mariah released her album before Mary could, but then the interview came out where Mary explicitly stated she wanted her own WBT. Now I just have to find that interview.

I don't think there's much of a story. The same people behind We Belong Together (namely, Jermaine Dupri and Johnta Austin) then went on to work with Mary, and stylistically Be Without You is a very similar song to WBT.

I'm trying to find the interview, but Mary's been a huge Mariah fan since forever and after she heard We Belong Together, she wanted a version of that for herself and thus, Be Without You was born. I remember there being a huge fiasco where people were claiming Mariah stole the track off of Mary because supposedly BWY was in production first and Mariah released her album before Mary could, but then the interview came out where Mary explicitly stated she wanted her own WBT. Now I just have to find that interview.
Thanks sestras

I was expecting a reverse-"Hero" situation. I'm glad Mary J didn't JLo-style snatcH a Mimi track, because I actually like her and think she's a decent and honorable specimen~

maryjbligeslamwitha900000taxlien.gif

rude

Banned
Speaking of ha, J-Lo basically owes her damn career to Mariah. Would she be anywhere if Tommy wasn't searching so hard to manufacture some lessor to destroy her? Like...it's hard to believe that there was ever a time when Jennifer and Mariah were considered to be rivals on equal footing.

3phemeral

Speaking of ha, J-Lo basically owes her damn career to Mariah. Would she be anywhere if Tommy wasn't searching so hard to manufacture some lessor to destroy her? Like...it's hard to believe that there was ever a time when Jennifer and Mariah were considered to be rivals on equal footing.

I mean, stolen from twice on the same album with the sample for Loverboy being stolen and "If We" with Ja Rule. On the real, though, I don't think the sample would have made much of a difference but I'm Real versus If We might have been interesting.

Though these days artists release similar sounding tracks all the time and they all become hits.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kiss it better, kiss it better (Don't it taste like holy water)
Make it better, make it wetter (Don't it taste like holy water)
Kiss it better, make it wetter (Don't it taste like holy water)
Kiss it better, kiss it better

7043a7630a.gif

Vazduh

Kiss it better, kiss it better (Don't it taste like holy water)
Make it better, make it wetter (Don't it taste like holy water)
Kiss it better, make it wetter (Don't it taste like holy water)
Kiss it better, kiss it better

7043a7630a.gif

I hate the finished version, although I have to say I screamed a bit @ the "Jesus loves my pussy best" line.

Demo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Vazra

I hate the finished version, although I have to say I screamed a bit @ the "Jesus loves my pussy best" line.

Demo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Studio version grew on me. Rebel Heart was murdered.

Also all the screams I let out to Autotune Baby
2qc14s9.gif

Vazra

I think I agree, although the album is still a hot mess.

One of the main issues is that it sounds like 5 albums in 1.
(Urban/Electronic/Pop/Indie/Country)

Some demos had more interesting productions than some of the finished tracks in the album. The tracks that were trash are still trash for most of the part and very few benefited from the mastering. Talking about the mastering what the fuck is wrong with some of the tracks? The mastering can be all over the place at times. The lyrics for most of the part are cringe worthy but I guess no one needed to say that as the leak already said as much. Despite all the negativity in this post I dont hate it and actually don't mind the album much.

Overall the album is not on the best she could do nor the worst. It lacks a direction, cohesion, polish and editing but overall we have seen worse from Madonna.

Oh as for the tracks I use
Unapologetic Bitch
Joan of Arc
Heart Break City
Holy Water
Veni Vidi Vici
Beautiful Scars

tmarques

Madonna's album leaked and it's actually WORSE than MDNA

Nonsense. There's at least 10 really strong tracks here. Why she felt she needed a 25-track album is beyond me, though. And the order of the tracks is as random as it gets.

Some of the tracks were better in demo form - not sure why she felt the need to add all that crap to Joan of Arc, which was one of her better ballads in ages. And when you thought she couldn't top the cringe of "Bitch get off my pole", she adds "Yeesus likes my pussy best" to the song.

Vazduh

aElUSk7.gif
The best (the only) Robyn clone is back with the new single!!!
aElUSk7.gif

Vanbot - Trooper

It's the first single off the upcoming second (yet untitled) album. Love it.

One of the main issues is that it sounds like 5 albums in 1.
(Urban/Electronic/Pop/Indie/Country)

Some demos had more interesting productions than some of the finished tracks in the album. The tracks that were trash are still trash for most of the part and very few benefited from the mastering. Talking about the mastering what the fuck is wrong with some of the tracks? The mastering can be all over the place at times. The lyrics for most of the part are cringe worthy but I guess no one needed to say that as the leak already said as much. Despite all the negativity in this post I dont hate it and actually don't mind the album much.

Overall the album is not on the best she could do nor the worst. It lacks a direction, cohesion, polish and editing but overall we have seen worse from Madonna.

I agree with this 100 %. The album is all over the place and beyond overstuffed, but even then it's not good nor bad, it's just meh.

Yaaas Xenoblade X and Zelda, two of my most awaited (and FFXV and Kingdom Hearts 3). It'll be miracle if Zelda actually releases 2015 I just don't see it ;_;

Pass on Bloodborne. Hated Demon Souls and Dark Souls and this just looks like more of the same.
I never got that far into DS or DaS (a few hours in each) but I'm buying Bloodborne anyway because of the aesthetic. It ticks so many boxes for me. Like Tim Burton-esque environment and creature design with a healthy dose of gore.

Aw don't bum me out like that... I still listen to 4 of the 6 Rebel Heart songs like daily. I have high hopes for the rest of the album so I'm just gonna hold off until it releases. Maybe I'll love it still

Vazra

Aw don't bum me out like that... I still listen to 4 of the 6 Rebel Heart songs like daily. I have high hopes for the rest of the album so I'm just gonna hold off until it releases. Maybe I'll love it still

If you stan Madonna as much as you stan Gaga you probably gonna love it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nemesis_

Madonna is at her best when she's tackling a singular theme or whatever.

Ray of Light, American Life, Confessions and even Hard Candy knew what they were and there's an "idea" of what each album represents.

Rebel HAART is just an unfocused mess. She mentioned before she thought she had two albums "REBEL" and "HEART" but I think she should've shelved the "HEART" part tbh.

Of course her tour will probably shit on everything else and given how abhorrent MDNA was and how the tour turned out I am sure she has nothing to worry about.

holy water tho

izIzJb2RKPMcK.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
as dull as the song is
Quelle Surprise
Yawn+do+what+your+mind+tells+you+to+do_a7aa07_4867579.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom