• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

it's over

your faves are FINISHED

#BuyRebelHeartOniTunes

p503pcu4c.gif

I never played a persona game before but I mighT actually keep an eye out for this.

jvtqrn.gif

Mau ®

Touchdown sis, Rihanna said to i-D magazine that the reason she makes music is because of Mariah's "Vision of Love" song.

She stans so hard. And so does Mimi *.*

Mau ®

I've only played Persona 3 but it was amazing. Was thinking of downloading P4 but I'd rather just wait for P5 on my future PS4.

Mau ®;150760343 said:
I've only played Persona 3 but it was amazing. Was thinking of downloading P4 but I'd rather just wait for P5 on my future PS4.

4 is just as amazing it's worth getting. I got a feeling that in 5 the characters will be more morally gray than outright good.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
True, this kind of makes up for your Lightning comment
4 is still good but 3>>>>>>>>

4 has better combat system and the graphics are better but P3 ruins it in narrative, atmosphere and characters. 4 aint bad by any means but I was disappointed with the characters. Also fuck Teddie that fucking piece of trash.

Lighting still has the depth of a plastic bag drifting through the wind.

Persona 3 Characters and Story > Animu Pandering by numbers 4

What about it is animu pandering exactly? other than building the social links to have a gf and the occasional comedy parts.
It tackled on issues like sexuality and gender identity that others have yet to discuss in JRPGs. 3 does have better parts to me though.

4 has better combat system and the graphics are better but P3 ruins it in narrative, atmosphere and characters. 4 aint bad by any means but I was disappointed with the characters. Also fuck Teddie that fucking piece of trash.

Lighting still has the depth of a plastic bag drifting through the wind.
Also Yosuke is like a shittier Junpei and Junpei was already pretty shit
P3 is also more interesting thematically imo. It's a great example of storytelling and interesting character interaction in a game.
PS: Lightning slays

What about it is animu pandering exactly? other than building the social links to have a gf and the occasional comedy parts.
It tackled on issues like sexuality and gender identity that others have yet to discuss in JRPGs. 3 does have better parts to me though.
It only really flirts with those issues though doesn't it? As by the end
both Kanji and Naoto decide that being gay or trans* is not for them
. Also it's kind of shit that
the "dude" Kanji is attracted to is actually a girl so it didn't really matter, and at the end he loses all of his style to become "normal" or something because he stopped needing to compensate for not being gay

Also Yosuke is like a shittier Junpei and Junpei was already pretty shit
P3 is also more interesting thematically imo. It's a great example of storytelling and interesting character interaction in a game.
PS: Lightning slays

I thought I was the only one who felt they tried to make a Junpei 2 with Yosuke.
It did come off that way and he was just meh out of the cast. Everyone else like Kanji,Naoto and Yukiko had more to tell than him

Lightning slays in XIII-2 just a shame they didn't follow the novel where she went to save Fang and Vanille. I think if they went that route she would have been more likable.

It only really flirts with those issues though doesn't it? As by the end
both Kanji and Naoto decide that being gay or trans* is not for them
. Also it's kind of shit that
the "dude" Kanji is attracted to is actually a girl so it didn't really matter, and at the end he loses all of his style to become "normal" or something because he stopped needing to compensate for not being gay

I didn't really think about that and when you put it that way they did backpeddle in the worst way. Kanji was so freaked out cause he thought Naoto was male who ended up being female all along so it was "okay" sigh. Yosuke was meant to be a romantic option but they chickened out at literally the last minute. Audio files can be found on the damn disc.

Vazra

The character personalities themselves are more anime like than previous games. There are more fan servicey situations in the game and lots of the Persona "waifu" wars started with 4. Golden on vita ramps up a bit the fanservice with a few new things.

I like that they tackle some issues like gender and sexuality (as extremely light as they are) but Persona 3 went more psychological on terms of themes which to me were more interesting than some of the themes P4 went into.

Don't get me on the damn hot springs garbage.

The character personalities themselves are more anime like than previous games. There are more fan servicey situations in the game and lots of the Persona "waifu" wars started with 4. Golden on vita ramps up a bit the fanservice with a few new things.

I like that they tackle some issues like gender and sexuality (as extremely light as they are) but Persona 3 went more psychological on terms of themes which to me were more interesting than some of the themes P4 went into.

Don't get me on the damn hot springs garbage.

The hot springs was just sooo sigh I wont even ._.

I thought I was the only one who felt they tried to make a Junpei 2 with Yosuke.
It did come off that way and he was just meh out of the cast. Everyone else like Kanji,Naoto and Yukiko had more to tell than him

Lightning slays in XIII-2 just a shame they didn't follow the novel where she went to save Fang and Vanille. I think if they went that route she would have been more likable.

I didn't really think about that and when you put it that way they did backpeddle in the worst way. Kanji was so freaked out cause he thought Naoto was male who ended up being female all along so it was "okay" sigh. Yosuke was meant to be a romantic option but they chickened out at literally the last minute. Audio files can be found on the damn disc.
Really?
As much as I dislike Yosuke that would've been pretty amazing tbh. He did seem really closeted and there were quite a few moments with the protag that were already borderline.
Here's hoping they have one in P5 :)

Now that I think about it, P3's main cast had conflicts with each other like Yukari with Mitsuru, Ken with Akihiko, and Junpei with the MC.
Edit lol it wasn't akihiko it was that other guy... Shinji?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wtf am I reading on this page? Junpei hate? P3 > P4?

Persona 3 was fantastic but Persona 4 was better in almost every way. Although none of the characters were quite as amazing as my 2 faves Mitsuru and Junpei, though Kanji came close <3

Diplo? Yikes that explains it

wYl9h1C.gif

I'll just get it on PS4 depending on the release date.

Edit: The Order is currently the king of console graphics

ReadyElegantGalapagosmockingbird.gif

Not that I care about graphics but Uncharted 4 >>> The Order

Order is cheating anyways bruh, much easier to achieve those graphics when you are chopping off over 30% of the image with black borders

Floridian

Thanks! you saved my life. been waiting on the remix for months now

Not that I care about graphics but Uncharted 4 >>> The Order

Order is cheating anyways bruh, much easier to achieve those graphics when you are chopping off over 30% of the image with black borders
Idc how they achieved it, it looks purdy. And the fact it has no pre-rendered scenes make it legit

Majmun

Crazy in Love remix is absolute slayage

Haunted didn't need a remix for the movie tbh. The original is epic enough.

rhandino

Banned
WaiT! What happened to Taylor Swift? I noticed that I could be the only one that has mentioned here in some time and not even related to her music? Has the honeymoon phase for 1989 finished?

cory64

WaiT! What happened to Taylor Swift? I noticed that I could be the only one that has mentioned here in some time and not even related to her music? Has the honeymoon phase for 1989 finished?

Welcome to any other time besides the last 4 months of 2014.

Vazra

Not even the Taylor stans show up in the thread.
78408d8d28.png

Meowster

Oh wait, it's actually the full video. Yaaaasss Madonna, give me that reverse-Take A Bow music video realness! Best video since Die Another Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom