• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Madonna's new video sucks.

tumblr_m86stevYuk1rvjs1vo1_500.gif

cory64

Oh wait, it's actually the full video. Yaaaasss Madonna, give me that reverse-Take A Bow music video realness! Best video since Die Another Day!

Even 4Minute and Give Me All Your Luvin were better vids, not to mention God Gone Wild, Hung Up, American Life, Hollywood, etc.

I think the best thing about Sucker is the experimentation. While True Romance is probably the superior album, it really just used the same formula over and over again. There's much more variety on Sucker so the missteps are missteps but everything else is god tier.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think the best thing about Sucker is the experimentation. While True Romance is probably the superior album, it really just used the same formula over and over again. There's much more variety on Sucker so the missteps are missteps but everything else is god tier.

The only misstep is London Queen tho.

EDIT: I forgot the UK has to deal with Rita Ora on Doing It. Kiii

Partition

Banned
WaiT! What happened to Taylor Swift? I noticed that I could be the only one that has mentioned here in some time and not even related to her music? Has the honeymoon phase for 1989 finished?

People only talked about Taylor because she was the only to talk about

3phemeral

Educate ha!

By the way, do you have a list of Mariah remixes that have resung vocals?

... And while you're at it, besides the "Anytime You Need A Friend C&C Remix", does Mariah have any epic whistle notes in any of her other remixes?

I'l have to get back to you on that. Off the top of my head, she's redone all her vocals for every major remix since EoM and before. I know there was the Jump Smoker's remix album for Memoirs that I'm not sure if she redid them, but from first listen I know I didn't care for any of them.

I'l have to get back to you on that. Off the top of my head, she's redone all her vocals for every major remix since EoM and before. I know there was the Jump Smoker's remix album for Memoirs that I'm not sure if she redid them, but from first listen I know I didn't care for any of them.

Alrighty! I'm mostly interested in her pre-EoM remixes anyway :p

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS LIVING FOR LOVE

Adore the song, the video is fucking FIRE. Inventive, bold, and you can see the fire in her eyes this time around. The MDNA videos felt so phoned in, even Girl Gone Wild (though a gorgeous video) had her really only giving about 60%. She's really passionate about Rebel Heart and I'm here for it.

I hope the rest of this era's videos hold a candle to this one. She tends to lazy out after her second video. lol

Also appreciate the Sticky and Sweet throwback look <3

(and I haven't listened to the rest of Rebel Heart out of respect, but I can't wait to buy it when it comes out)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Living for Love video is FANTASTIC! Great concept, Madge lookin' fierce, bold, simple but stylish and still serving class. I'm still so happy she chose LFL as the lead single, what a great choice. THIS is how you start off an era. I am now convinced the leaks won't harm her. Thank God this era won't be M's ARTPOP.

SCREAMING @ this gif. Isn't that Final Fantasy Spirits Within?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Mau ®;150812669 said:
The damage has already been done, sis. This era is a stillborn. Sorry :/

:(

Let me do my part and educate masses with a topic in OT

Meowster

wow @ final fantasy spirits within, i remember hating it because rinoa wasn't in it when i was five. i wonder if it is worth checking out these days

SaintZ

2e4690151e.gif

Wait the woman behind Oprah isn't Aunt Zelda from Sabrina?

The video wasn't that bad but the the lightning on Madge's face was too distracting. It was obviously done to hide her wrinkles but it looked way overexposed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i've listened to that new crazy in love about seventeen million times

your faves tried it. soundtrack contribution of the forever has been snatched from their grasp. better luck next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom