• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Executive producing? That's weird. That probably means he isn't very hands on like a producer would be. I doubt this means anything tbh

It means a lot. He is overseeing the direction of the album. Rih is also the exec producer of her albums and has been since Rated R.

cory64

I just watched the She x Ye x Sir Paul performance

She slayed it, and I think they pushed her to be too rough sounding in the studio.

cory64

Eek!

9U9XHag.png

Since the Grammys had their share of not so great acts this year I am looking past performances during lunch... Lady Marmalade

This is damn good. All of them can sing/rap their part live. Just a shame that Christina's mic was turned up way more than the rests, making her sort of the "main" girl in this, and giving it that nasty Destiny's Child stink.

rude

Banned
not rihanna serving us an album focused on americana. it all makes sense w/that irving penn-esque music video. not her serving us ha lou reed/bob dylan/warhol's factory era. I [ S T R I C T L Y ] USE

What are the point of iTunes ratings? Im generally happy for Rih but besides being the highest seller, does it count as a #1 or is it just the most bought song right now?

Tori Kelly - Nobody Love (lyric video)

Produced by Max Martin, and it shows, especially during the chorus which sounds a lot like Ariana's "Problem".

Very Ariana-esqe and I like Tori better when she's covering everybody else's tracks. Overall, not feeling this song. She sounds very squeaky imo.

Say Lou Lou uploaded the official audio for "Nothing But A Heartbeat" to their Souncloud.

I love it.

ETA:

Azealia new interview. She discusses the f word. And she talks about Fantasea II and that she would like to collab with M.I.A., Missy and Rihanna

This was trending on Hypem. I love it too! I can't wait for their next album!

Vazduh

Very Ariana-esqe and I like Tori better when she's covering everybody else's tracks. Overall, not feeling this song. She sounds very squeaky imo.

I feel that chorus (or the lack thereof) kind of hurts the song because it sounds like two different songs cobbled together. That kind of practice sometimes works - for example, when Garbage made Androgyny, they put together elements from three different songs they were working on, and somehow managed to create a solid song.

In this case, however, it's not that great. Maybe in the hands of a different singer it would have sounded better, who knows.

Say Lou Lou uploaded the official audio for "Nothing But A Heartbeat" to their Souncloud.

I love it.

Me, too. Can't wait for their album! Just a couple more weeks...

rude

Banned
You know what, I'm not even mad at her.
(not that I cared about her calling folks faggots anyway.)
I don't know why but that word doesn't hold the same power as other slurs to me for some reason. Like I don't get the problem especially when azealia is gay or bi or whatever anyway. She just says shit to make people angry

What's shitty about this particular opinion?
Honestly? I didn't even bother and didn't listen to all of it. Her stupid notion that people who aren't white are somehow not offended by the word Faggot is incredibly stupid, and I'm not gonna take that kind of shit seriously coming from someone that says that it's okay for White people to say Nigg*r. Can we also stop acting like Faggot has lost it's original meaning and that it means something else now? Cause that's the kind of excuse Eminem uses.
I'm just so tired of her and her dumb shit. Sorry. BWET was good but it's worn off now and the crystal coated turd is becoming clear now.

Cynosure

i was right to pay the Grammys dust last night. a borefest despite being packed with like 90% of the main pop girls.

Cheek To Cheek
418290e7.gif

Selma gospel
noparty.gif

45head
b80efe23.gif

katy
2095c354.gif

Rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum
Me say one man down (And wah me say)
Rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum, rum bum bum bum
Then me went downtown

'Cause now I'mma criminal, criminal, criminal
Oh lorda mercy, now I am a criminal
Man Down, tell the judge please gimme minimal
Run out a town none a dem can see me now

http://youtu.be/sEhy-RXkNo0

Honestly? I didn't even bother and didn't listen to all of it. Her stupid notion that people who aren't white are somehow not offended by the word Faggot is incredibly stupid, and I'm not gonna take that kind of shit seriously coming from someone that says that it's okay for White people to say Nigg*r. Can we also stop acting like Faggot has lost it's original meaning and that it means something else now? Cause that's the kind of excuse Eminem uses.
I'm just so tired of her and her dumb shit. Sorry. BWET was good but it's worn off now and the crystal coated turd is becoming clear now.
Yas go IN

royalan

No lies detected.

Azealia Banks is pure fecal trash, and I wonder how long her stans are going to hold out with her.

No wonder the Queen didn't bother showing up.

I feel sad for Perra, though. She attends every year, and performs whenever they let her, but they still won't give her a trophy. And this year she got cock-blocked by a diva hasn't bothered even attending the Grammys for years.

Success comes naturally to a true artist...

Dany

Banned
Finally listened through all of 1989.

I really really dislike how all the songs are about boys. Its annoying. Some sick beats tho. Style <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom