• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Buy the remaster of the Berlin Breakdown version of Annie's CLASSIC "Anthonio" on iTunes today
or tomorrow
or whenever it's actually out

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Oopp! But I was talking about his looks though lol.

Sam Smith has that same high pitched voice like Adam Lambert. Imo, Sam Sparro has more soul to him than both combined.

What? No. Lambert and Smith sound nothing alike (and I like both btw). Being gay doesn't make people sound the same...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What? No. Lambert and Smith sound nothing alike (and I like both btw). Being gay doesn't make people sound the same...

Educate them.

Both Lambert and Smith are talented, but not similar sounding at all. High pitched would be Justin Timberlake's whiny, grating voice. Great taste btw offtopic ;) I'm not generally a fan of male singers/vocals but both Sam Smith and Adam Lambert are huge exceptions to that :)

And I'm gonna ignore the offensive "Sam Smith looks like Adele" comparisons I saw. One is very good looking despite what the rest of y'all say, the other serves Mrs. Doubtfire on a good day >:^(

Partition

Banned
And I'm gonna ignore the offensive "Sam Smith looks like Adele" comparisons I saw. One is very good looking despite what the rest of y'all say, the other serves Mrs. Doubtfire on a good day >:^(

i see a resemblance tbh

Adele1.jpg

Sam-Smith-608x344.png

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
grimes looks like pinhead from AHS

screen-shot-2012-11-28-at-12-25-59-am.png

Mariah deserved her win. Not because of her looks but for everything she's done and her flawless discography.
New round is a bit shit as I nominated them both, but Kylie ofc wins. Will just have to lobby for Ellie to knock out grimes next round

rude

Banned
^Stan for Mariah. I got [chills] from Vision of Love this morning. When will Grimy, Reductive Nicole Kidman, or Gouldie Hawn physically SHAKE you? Never.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
And yet despite being informed about how much of a 'legend' Mooriah is and how much she 'deserves' to win, she only scraped a narrow victory when her stans went around other communities campaigning for her, kii.

Legendary inDEEDt.

Hmm, they sound the same to me. It has nothing to do with them being gay, but a singing style. In Latch when Sam Smith sings the chorus in that very high pitched tone, Adam Lambert does the same thing in certain song. Also since Sam Smith is British, his accent is really out there which does make him significantly a little different from Adam Lambert. However, I still find the singing styles to be the same.

1238-4e56d27253837801a26f0f22f02d3678.jpg

Louis? Aya girl, you have me in stitches, I assume you meant Lois right?
I legit spent 2 minutes trying to figure out if Peter Griffin has a neighbor named Louis that I forgot about XD

Lmao! I did mean lois but my phone autocorrect to Louis lol! That unintentional intentional shade lol.

Also, does Grimes only have 4 fingers? What's going on in that picture?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Why is it that despite her 'legendary' status and her 'flawless discography' (I don't have enough kiis for this one), she was unable to deliver the kind of beat down Kylie is delivering to The Ghoul?

The New York Post should run the headline 'GRIMES WINS POPULARITY MARIAH CONTEST 43-57', kiiiiii

I'm bored of Grimes and Mariah Carey

Can we just have an echo chamber of how amazing Kylie is and how she's totally the most deserving winner of this whole thing 💋

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
but Halcyon and Halcyon Days were both great though

Matt_

Oh yeah I guess
I thought Halcyon Days was a separate re release but its more of a fame, then fame monster thing

cory64

Kylie is one of the all-time great capital P Pop Stars.

Ellie is a relative hew with a handful of cute songs and one cute music video.

Mau ®

Tbh I've used Ellie way more this past few years than Kylie. Especially since Kiss Me Once was rancid trash.

But Kylie has historih and her personality is great so that's why she got my vote.

Touchdown

Banned
Why is it that despite her 'legendary' status and her 'flawless discography' (I don't have enough kiis for this one), she was unable to deliver the kind of beat down Kylie is delivering to The Ghoul?

The New York Post should run the headline 'GRIMES WINS POPULARITY MARIAH CONTEST 43-57', kiiiiii

Being that the Post is run by an old white rich republican, it probably should.

img.cgi

I was gonna bring that up... If it looks like there's an obvious winner and it doesn't seem like there's much of a shot for the other person to catch up, should I end the round quicker and move on? Sort of like on election nights when they realize a winner can be declared before all the votes are in.

If everyone thinks that's fair then we can make that a rule, if we wanna wait the full period in case things start changing then I'm all for it too. Lemme know :)

Matt_

Can you imagine if that chart was actually 75% in favour of ellie
a twist that would shock M. Night Shyamalan

edit; oh my god they have unveiled a HIDEOUS statue of Amy Winehouse in Camden
Amy-Winehouse-statue-005.jpg

3phemeral

Yeah, if whoever from last round hasn't voted yet and you assume they all vote for Ellie and she still couldn't win, it's time to end it early. Unless we're expecting a greater influx of new posters.

Matt_

The red flower is a nice touch and the beehive is iconic but the rest of it is unrecognisable
a complete disservice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom