• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Give Katy Perry a shot.

MESS, I KNOW you stan the legendary trailblazer Madonna, how can you in the same breath recommend that totally untalented and FAKE Katy Perry? (You're right about MJ being vile though)

Also that's not even her in the pic, who is that Jennifer Love HEWitt? LMAO

iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif

Lady Gaga

Bad Romance
Just Dance
Marry the Night
Alejandro
Lovegame
Government Hooker
Monster
Paparazzi
Poker Face
Telephone
Scheisse
So Happy I Could Die
Bloody Mary
Heavy Metal Lover
Aura
Venus
GUY
Sexxx Dreams
Do what you want
Donatella
Mary Jane Holland
Gypsy
= 22 songs

Lana Del Rey

Born to Die
Off to the Races
Blue Jeans
Video Games
Diet Mountain Dew
National Anthem
Radio
Carmen
Summertime Sadness
This is what makes us girls
Lolita
Ride
American
Cruel World
Shades of Cool
Brooklyn Baby
West Coast
Sad Girl
Old Money
= 19 songs

I listen more to Lady Gaga, because she has more up tempo songs. She's fantastic to "gay out" in the club as well. She has an awesome voice, something many pop girls don't. But, she's more of a conventional pop artist. If she'd disappear, a few others could fill in her place quite adequately.

On the other hand Lana del Rey puts out music none of the other pop girls do. Born to Die (Paradise) as an album shits on a great height from whatever magnum opus people consider Lady Gaga's to be. Beautiful female voice, a knack for orchestral music, and modern triphop beats. Off to the Races is a GOAT song if I ever knew one. However, Lana is more of an unproven project at this point. Ultraviolence has some good stuff on it, but already is less up my alley then her debut. It's a mystery if I will like whatever she puts out in the future, while I'm fairly sure Gaga will always have the occasional club banger ready, if she decides to drop the Jazz schtick.

I'll go with Lana, but I hesitated.

I was getting my life to Aura yesterday.

I'm not a wandering slave, I am a woman of choice
My veil is protection for the gorgeousness of my face
You ought to pity me cause there's always one man to love
But in the bedroom the size of him's more than enough

Do you wanna see me naked, lover?
Do you wanna peek underneath the cover?

Voted for Lana though.

Lol I can never predict which Gaga song you will randomly stan.

Aura slays though.

EDIT:

iE0bXzD10TwHK.png

InterestinG

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
On the one hand I think both of their best days are behind them.

On the other hand I think Gaga's highs are simply more iconic and better than Lana's (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone).

On the third hand I think that Lana is probably more likeable as a person than Gaga.

It's going to take me time. Not sure I'll vote tbh.

Partition

Banned
both are the most overrated artists here, and by the gays in general

both will unrightfully beat artists in this tournament that actually deserve to go far, so i don't really care who wins

gaga has a better discography overall, even if she has soured me...

my vote is 150% secure

aoJ5br.gif

Speaking of nintendo, I have finally accepted "next-gen" into my heart and have acquired all 3 consoles. I think I'm r0b1d0 on all three. Add us
, and send nudes.

2013's best albums:
Beyonce
The Electric Lady
Days Are Gone
True Romance
Samson and Delilah

a bunch of hews, so it was dire if you're not on Tumblr. not exactly a year for hyped releases

Beyonce was the most exciting event, nobody major actually delivered the goods (I keep forgetting that Vyrus and Knee even released anything), lots of average-meh stuff.

but at least there were bops. 2014: the year the bops slowly vanished.

rude

Banned
Bangerz was fun idgaf what anyone says. I can only listen to like two songs at a time though since Miley's voice semi serves nails on a chalkboard.

Vazduh

Bangerz was fun idgaf what anyone says. I can only listen to like two songs at a time though since Miley's voice semi serves nails on a chalkboard.

My only major problem with that album is that for something called Bangerz, it wasn't actually filled with many of those.

I wouldn't actually mind another "urban" album from her, but it seems that she's switching to something more rock-oriented since she's been collaborating with Wayne Coyne, and she's just released this.

Miley Cyrus "Wows" with Led Zeppelin Cover Song

Ugh.

Madonna has done so much stuff , it's IMPOSSIBLE to ignore her. She is and will be the queen of pop. Always.

... That doesn't mean that Pop is a Queendom! There can be Riot-hannas or some sort of AssemBeylies that can make this world crumble in some time
a long time though

And no, Alaska is not that boring dragstar. Nope, she's:

tumblr_mbul845Cy81rtblsy.gif

... I think I will use this gif more times haha

Re: Katy Perry: She's like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu but not terrible, I love her. Frankly, you have to give this girl some credit as she's constantly doing videos and stuff instead of posting photos of dogs in humiliating attire.

... ooops.

Is Queen of Pop really a title you can bestow on someone who can't sing?

Is singing important for a Pop star?

Unless you're talking about indie circles, then yes it is.

WEIRD EDIT: I'm rereading it and what I mean is - alternative pop singers HAVE to sing well in order to earn the privilege of Autotune. It's like some sort of Palutena divine gift.

2013's best albums:
Beyonce
The Electric Lady
Days Are Gone
True Romance
Samson and Delilah

a bunch of hews, so it was dire if you're not on Tumblr. not exactly a year for hyped releases

Beyonce was the most exciting event, nobody major actually delivered the goods (I keep forgetting that Vyrus and Knee even released anything), lots of average-meh stuff.

but at least there were bops. 2014: the year the bops slowly vanished.

I agree. For me it would be the same but I would add, imo, Settle and Yours Truly. Arianal is terrible now but Yours Truly was something special for a debut.

(And: Body Music, 20/20 Experience PT. 1, The Universe Made of Darkness)

Cyno sis you gotta PM me to have your vote count

I think you missed out on the last two matches because of it. Also I want Gaga to win so #getthatPM

!!!!

I can't believe this passed me by. Ten years ago yesterday (13th September), Gods Aloud released one of their most iconic songs, Love Machine.

TheShowCD1Cover.jpg

And it still sounds fresh and flawless and completely different to anything else I've ever heard.

What's also notable is that this marks the first of their chain of iconic B-Sides, Androgynous Girls. Amazing.

And lord, fashions in the early 2000s really do look awful

!!!!

I can't believe this passed me by. Ten years ago yesterday (13th September), Gods Aloud released one of their most iconic songs, Love Machine.

TheShowCD1Cover.jpg

And it still sounds fresh and flawless and completely different to anything else I've ever heard.

What's also notable is that this marks the first of their chain of iconic B-Sides, Androgynous Girls. Amazing.

And lord, fashions in the early 2000s really do look awful

Love Machine is so great, one of my favorites by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom