• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to an overwhelming lead in votes, we're closing Battle 02 early and declaring a winner! Unlike Battle 01, this one was a complete bloodbath. The people have spoken:

ibls3INh0wpNEM.png

Congratulations to ELLIE GOULDING for a stunning win! Kylie Minogue fans, this isn't over! Make sure to use your votes to take her to the top of the Losers Bracket for a chance to wi-

Wait. No, that can't be right. Hold on, let me make a quick fix...

iUzx5d1y6PMff.png

Phew, there we go. Sorry about that!

Congratulations to KYLIE MINOGUE for a stunning win! Ellie Goulding fans, this isn't over! Make sure to use your votes to help her stay afloat in the second bracket for a chance to make the ultimate comeback! Of course, you probably won't have much of a shot if the voter turnout is the same. Giant OOP.

Round 01, Battle 03 now live! See below.

Due to an overwhelming lead in votes, we're closing Battle 02 early and declaring a winner! Unlike Battle 01, this one was a complete bloodbath. The people have spoken:

ibls3INh0wpNEM.png

Congratulations to ELLIE GOULDING for a stunning win! Kylie Minogue fans, this isn't over! Make sure to use your votes to take her to the top of the Losers Bracket for a chance to win the Tourney!

Stay tuned for Round 02, Battle 01 coming up in minutes!

iDSj9NRZG73CB.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
oh my god
i didnt actually vote
i predicted this
this is my fault

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Soul with an epic troll, I was about to FUME

The only way the original pie graph could be correct is if we were comparing their chin sizes :mad:

Mau ®

King Calvin Harris scores another UK #1 with "Blame" (feat. John Newman)

This is Calvin's best year since 2011. 3 #1 hits this year alone, plus he's now a wanted bachelorette. It's only getting better for The King.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Mau ®;129993623 said:
King Calvin Harris scores another UK #1 with "Blame" (feat. John Newman)

This is Calvin's best year since 2011. 3 #1 hits this year alone, plus he's now a wanted bachelorette. It's only getting better for The King.

FIRO, her magic touch.

i5Fc41st6oePq.gif

And we're back!

It's a New York battle! On one end, an Ultraviolent crooner sharpens her claws. On the other, a freak queen summons her Monsters to battle. This is a big one:

ibujqAVMatJQPZ.png

Lana versus Lady! Who reigns supreme?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Everyone's favorite rapper (UGH not mine though) Kanye Kardashian is at it again:

Kanye West stopped a concert to yell at some people in wheelchairs

Kanye West stops Sydney show to demand fans 'stand up and dance!'...before he realises one is in a WHEELCHAIR and the other is waving their prosthetic limb at him

http://www.celebitchy.com/387184/kanye_west_stopped_a_concert_to_yell_at_some_people_in_wheelchairs/

An eyewitness told Daily Mail Australia Kanye had refused to perform until the crowd were on their feet, saying, ‘I can’t do this song, I can’t do this show until everybody stand up. Unless you got a handicap pass and you get special parking and s**t. Imma see you if you ain’t standing up, believe me, I’m very good at that.’

When the musician saw a concertgoer waving a prosthetic limb to explain why they weren’t dancing, he acknowledged them, saying: ‘Okay, you fine!’

But when another fan remained seated, he stopped the song Good Life, saying, ‘This is the longest I’ve had to wait to do a song, it’s unbelievable,’ before sending bodyguard Pascal Duvier into the arena to check whether the person was in fact in a wheelchair- which they were.

‘The crowd was also yelling that he was in a wheelchair but he waited for Pascal’s confirmation,’ the witness said, while others said the crowd made ‘wheelchair motions’ to alert the singer to his mistake. ‘When he sent Pascal up there he said, ‘He is in a wheelchair? It’s fine!’ the witness reported.

Let's see him talk his way out of this one, can't blame it on his vile "art"

iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif

First time I enter PopGAF and I see Kylie losing to a nobody -- oh, no, it's the opposite way.

Yay for Kylie. <3 Dannii and Ruth Lorenzo must be celebrating somewhere.

This new fight is quite interesting as Lady Gaga has some awesome pieces but her new work is quite lacking, while Lana is love and life -at least, I LOVED Ultraviolence. Tough decision.

Mau ®

First time I enter PopGAF and I see Kylie losing to a nobody -- oh, no, it's the opposite way.

This new fight is quite interesting as Lady Gaga has some awesome pieces but her new work is quite lacking, while Lana is love and life -at least, I LOVED Ultraviolence. Tough decision.

Welcome!

Who are your faves? *.*

enigmatic_alex44

Welcome! :) Great taste btw ;)

#VoteGaga

royalan

Two queens in the midst of flop eras.

One slays live, the other doesn't.

One bathes, the other doesn't.

This is gonna be tough...

Partition

Banned
wow this is extremely conflicting!

not sure who I dislike more

I'll just not vote and hope Lana wins because she wouldn't get as far as Gaga

Mau ®;129995453 said:
Welcome!

Who are your faves? *.*

Thanks! (and thanks to the other person! Can't multiquote atm ;_;

My favorite pop singers... wow, this is rough. Now I'm trying to develop a certain musical taste I didn't have, so my memory around singers is quite hazy.

I'd say my favorite singer is the one in my avatar, Alaska - even though her latest album was trash 'cept for the first single.

Male pop singers I think I only like MJ - rest of 'em are a hit and miss with me.
As with female singers, personal favorites are Kylie, Lana del Rey, some tracks from Beyon-beyon and Thalía, among others.

I'm sure I'll learn a lot here!
please ;_;

Mau ®

Thanks! (and thanks to the other person! Can't multiquote atm ;_;

My favorite pop singers... wow, this is rough. Now I'm trying to develop a certain musical taste I didn't have, so my memory around singers is quite hazy.

I'd say my favorite singer is the one in my avatar, Alaska - even though her latest album was trash 'cept for the first single.

Male pop singers I think I only like MJ - rest of 'em are a hit and miss with me.
As with female singers, personal favorites are Kylie, Lana del Rey, some tracks from Beyon-beyon and Thalía, among others.

please ;_;

Thalía and Alaska, eh?

Are you mexican or from a latin country?

My only experience with Alaska was her duet with Spanish King of Pop Miguel Bosé. I love him *.*

You'll fit right in! A lot of people here love Lana, Bey and Kylie. What do you think of Bajan Queen Rihanna?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
HEW is Alaska?
Post ha best songs tbh
also welcome welcome stan for aphrodylie

enigmatic_alex44

please ;_;

So polite I love it when new posters are pleasant :) *not like that mess Ninjaflop incident*

I'm like you, I don't generally like male pop acts, but anyone who stans Kylie clearly has class and taste
pSlGFJ5.gif

Honestly my music library has ballooned to nearly 3000 songs thanks to POPGAF, you'll surely discover something new cuz there's quite a bit of varied taste ;)

What is your opinion on the Queen Regent of Pop, Madonna Ciccone?
madonna.gif
*.*

Matt_

unless you mean Alaska Thunderfuck in which stan
your make up is terrible

Oh wow, Lana vs Gaga. Two of my absolute faves...

This is like a "semi finals" matchup right at the very beginning of the voting.

I'd go for Lana and be sad about it because Gaga has so many good songs.

enigmatic_alex44

HML is cute but not that cute.

Heavy Metal Lover is the Citizen Kane of POP. HML is Gaga's best song together with Edge of Glory, she will NEVER make anything better than those two!

Mau ®;129999632 said:
"Born To Die" slays any Gaga album in existence IMO.

DisagRih, The Fame Monster and Gaga's magnum opus Born This Way are leagues better. Born to Die is better than Gaga's debut though, The Fame is hot trash tbh

I was getting my life to Aura yesterday.

I'm not a wandering slave, I am a woman of choice
My veil is protection for the gorgeousness of my face
You ought to pity me cause there's always one man to love
But in the bedroom the size of him's more than enough

Do you wanna see me naked, lover?
Do you wanna peek underneath the cover?

Voted for Lana though.

And we're back!

It's a New York battle! On one end, an Ultraviolent crooner sharpens her claws. On the other, a freak queen summons her Monsters to battle. This is a big one:

ibujqAVMatJQPZ.png

Lana versus Lady! Who reigns supreme?

Bless. Now one of them has to get punched out to the loser bracket.

Vazduh

NickWright, welcome! :)

Hm, let me vote, although this one will be a much tougher choice. I love Lana, but then again, The Fame Monster was one of my favorite albums of 2009.

Who to vote for... argh.

So Happy I Could Die slays everything on BTW.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom