• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you even talking about tho?
Were you alive the past 15 years?
Britney only truly fell off in the public eye with BJ.
Uhu. Femme Fatale still has some awesome awesome tracks. Inside Out and Trip to your Heart ... <3

It really is just Britney Jean that was a nasty surprise.

BTW is there any news on a new Britney album? Or is the Vegas show the only thing she does?

I always saw Blackout as the beginning of the end tbh. I mean, musically it's all been downhill from there.

Personally Blackout was where I started liking Britney. Before she made popppy pop, since Blackout she's been more electro/dance pop. I like both kinds of music, but the latter moreso.

Still, I don't have her pré-blackout albums, but songs like Slave 4 You, Touch of My Hand and Breathe on Me are def in my Britney playlist.

cory64

sorry but, work bitch is still legitimately a slay

a womanizer -> the rest of circus part 2-esque disappointment

drag it

The first half of Circus is super cute. Kill The Lights Shattered Glass and Unusual You save the alber. Plus iconic bonus track Phonography. Plus an iconic bonus Gaga song from when she could still write.

The first half of Circus is super cute. Kill The Lights Shattered Glass and Unusual You save the alber. Plus iconic bonus track Phonography.

Phonography is Britney's best song full stop. Seriously, I don't even hesitate.

Lemme listen to it right now.

nG3VVXy.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
soul-sis has always had a bizarre double standard for britney. he'll insist that no matter how bad gaga gets 'bad romance will always have been her song so you can't drag her', but despite the fact that britney has put out more legitimate [ b o p s ] than your fave has had hot meals, he'll still claim total garbage like 'britney jean was so bad it invalidates the whole of britney's career'

but, well

gE7q4kE.png

7zUKJPJ.png

one iffy alber is enough to 'invalidate' all of the good ones, when his own fave has had a career of pushing out barely-better-than-britney-jean's? let me just noT put up with these delusionS.

Yado

Personally Blackout was where I started liking Britney. Before she made poppy pop, since Blackout she's been more electro/dance pop. I like both kinds of music, but the latter moreso.

Still, I don't have her pré-blackout albums, but songs like Slave 4 You, Touch of My Hand and Breathe on Me are def in my Britney playlist.

eh, her albums are boring to me. Couple stand out tracks here and there but nothing to call home about. Even when she incorporates new sounds into her music it still comes out bland.

We're not so different
You and me
'Cause we both
Share our share of obscenities
And everybody's
Got some freaky tendencies
Hidden or admitted
'Cause we all got needs

nG3VVXy.gif

royalan

soul-sis has always had a bizarre double standard for britney. he'll insist that no matter how bad gaga gets 'bad romance will always have been her song so you can't drag her', but despite the fact that britney has put out more legitimate [ b o p s ] than your fave has had hot meals, he'll still claim total garbage like 'britney jean was so bad it invalidates the whole of britney's career'

but, well

gE7q4kE.png

7zUKJPJ.png

one iffy alber is enough to 'invalidate' all of the good ones, when his own fave has had a career of pushing out barely-better-than-britney-jean's? let me just noT put up with these delusionS.

Metacritic is a stain. This comparison doesn't make sense for a number of reasons.

Zutroy

Since we're on topic...why BJ isn't as bad as everyone
the fighers
claim.

Alien
despite it's jump
slays; WB is the best workout song of 2014; Perfume is a nice upbeat ballad (yes that's a oxymoron but works for this song); ISBE is trash - moving on; TTB is kinda of like the 'I Got that Boom Boom' of the album but not as good, but still alright; Body Ache is a bit too Will.i.am to be great, but the chorus is pretty good; Til It's Gone sounds a bit too contrived to try and be a Britney hit, but disregarding that is good; I like Passenger; CWY is kinda shit; I like Don't Cry and BMS; Really like Hold On Tight (think it's even written entirely by Brit); NTIFY is an Avicii rip off (based on the timing of the realese anyway), but is great.

royalan

Despite my opinion that Back to Basics and Stripped shit on anything Britney ever did, it's hard to even make that comparison. Those albums are R&B, and most of Britney's are pure Pop albums.

It goes back to the belief I always had that pitting Britney and Christina against each other never really made much sense, as the only thing similar about the two acts are that they're both blonde white girls from the Disney machine. Musically, they couldn't possibly be more different.

In my mind, Christina has always been an R&B artist in Pop clothing. And I think that's been one of the biggest stumbling blocks for her when it comes to critical reception.

royalan

Since we're on topic...why Kelis Was Here isn't as bad as everyone
The Beyhive
claim.

Bossy
despite Too Short
slays; What's That Right There is the best workout song of 2006; Till The Wheels Fall Off is a nice upbeat ballad (yes that's a oxymoron but works for this song); Intro - Interlude is trash - moving on; Aww Shit is kinda of like the 'Milkshake' of the album but not as good, but still alright; Weekend is a bit too Will.i.am to be great, but the chorus is pretty good; Appreciate Me sounds a bit too contrived to try and be a Kelis hit, but disregarding that is good; I like Have a Nice Day; Living Proof is kinda shit; I like Fuck Them Bitches and I Don't Think So; Really like Lil Star (think it's even written entirely by Kelis); Circus is a Macy Gray rip off (based on the timing of the realese anyway), but is great.

Now this I agree with.

so43UwE.jpg

Zutroy

The Britney/Xtina rivalry has always felt a bit forced to me just because they were both around at the same time. Britney has always been the been the best pop star (both in terms of songs for that genre and media focus) but Christina has always shined for me when she isn't after that market (her ballads have always been amazing and when she lets her vocals shine in other genres).

Food >>>>>>> Beyoncé

Food and Flesh Tone were both amazing. I'd love to see her live but I don't think she leaves the US that often.

cory64

Since we're on topic...why BJ isn't as bad as everyone
the fighers
claim.

Alien
despite it's jump
slays; WB is the best workout song of 2014; Perfume is a nice upbeat ballad (yes that's a oxymoron but works for this song); ISBE is trash - moving on; TTB is kinda of like the 'I Got that Boom Boom' of the album but not as good, but still alright; Body Ache is a bit too Will.i.am to be great, but the chorus is pretty good; Til It's Gone sounds a bit too contrived to try and be a Britney hit, but disregarding that is good; I like Passenger; CWY is kinda shit; I like Don't Cry and BMS; Really like Hold On Tight (think it's even written entirely by Brit); NTIFY is an Avicii rip off (based on the timing of the realese anyway), but is great.

Such accuracy. BJ is only mostly shit, not entirely.

Floridian

Since we're on topic...why Unapologetic isn't as bad as everyone
Haters
claim.

Pour it Up
despite being too ratchet
slays; Phresh out the Runway is the best workout song of 2012; Stay is a nice interesting ballad (nope, not an oxymoron and it works for this song); Right Now is trash - moving on; Diamonds is kinda of like the 'Only Girl in the World' of the album but not as good, but still alright; Lost in Paradise is a bit too Will.i.am to be great, but the chorus is pretty good; Jump is a bit too contrived to try and be a Rihanna hit, but disregarding that is good; I like Get it Over With ; Nobody's Business is kinda shit; I like What Now; I like Loveeeeeee Song; Love without Tragedy is a secret bop filler; Really like No Love Allowed (Rihanna even helped write the song); Numb is an Linkin Park rip off (based on the timing of the release & name anyway), but is great.

ku79ylev

royalan

LAWD, I wrote that post as a joke, but seriously sistren get into Kelis Was Here. Listening now and getting my life with this surprising classic.

I suppose the great thing about Kelis always being a bit too the left of trends is that, despite keeping her from being as popular as she deserves to be, it leaves her music feeling timeless. I'm listening to this record, made in 2006, and a lot of it stands up to what's being released today.

Gems like Till The Wheels Fall Off, Goodbyes and Lil Star could be tracks released in the last year, and I'd believe it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
LAWD, I wrote that post as a joke, but seriously sistren get into Kelis Was Here. Listening now and getting my life with this surprising classic.

I suppose the great thing about Kelis always being a bit too the left of trends is that, despite keeping her from being as popular as she deserves to be, it leaves her music feeling timeless. I'm listening to this record, made in 2006, and a lot of it stands up to what's being released today.

Gems like Till The Wheels Fall Off, Goodbyes and Lil Star could be tracks released in the last year, and I'd believe it.

People should listen her discography. Available on spotify ;3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom