• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

i'm excited for HOC

then BBCAN3 yass

then the GOAT, game of thrones

The struggle

G6YvpPJ.jpg

Lady Gaga's Oscar performance garnered the most tweetage during the show.

deadline said:
Lady Gaga took to the Oscars stage tonight to sing a four-song medley from The Sound Of Music as the Academy Awards celebrated the movie’s 50th anniversary. According to Twitter, her performance garnered a standing ovation and generated the highest number of tweets per minute of any segment of the show, alongside Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s speech for winning Best Picture and Patricia Arquette’s call-to-arms acceptance speech for winning Best Supporting Actress. Source

And another:

TVbyTheNumbers said:
1. @LadyGaga performs, is joined by Julie Andrews
2. Alejandro Iñárritu wins Best Picture for “Birdman”
3. @PattyArquette’s acceptance speech for winning Best Supporting Actress

Throughout the evening, film fans turned to Twitter to convey their passions and share real-time reactions. The most Tweeted-about nominees and performers were:

1. @LadyGaga
2. @PattyArquette
3. @JohnLegend

Combined with her gloves getting memed, it looks like a pretty huge night for Gaga. Get 'em, queen <3

royalan

Lady Gaga's Oscar performance garnered the most tweetage during the show.

Combined with her gloves getting memed, it looks like a pretty huge night for Gaga. Get 'em, queen <3

Lady Gaga was the highlight of the night. That much is undeniable.

But really, the Oscars have been boring, pretentious television that seems engineered more to put you to sleep than be entertaining for years now. So it wouldn't have taken much.

But still, between tonight and the Grammys, Gaga's been pretty smart lately. She's toned down the gimmicks and the smarminess, and reminded the public that she actually is talented.

Partition

Banned
still refuse to get on any gaga train until she shows she is capable of delivering a solid artistic album on her own merit. this was a good performance but incredibly rehearsed and scripted, as expected though. not enough for me to believe she still "has it" and is able to put those vocals down into the form of good songs. just shows again she's better when she is told what to do rather than sit in a studio and fumble around only to produce "G.U.Y." and "Donatella".

3phemeral

I'm happy people are praising her vocals above all, after being seemingly unable to recognize she's had that voice even though she sings pop. I'm here for balladeer Gaga if she finds the right producers. Not here for another stadium rock anthem, though.

royalan

I'm happy people are praising her vocals above all, after being seemingly unable to recognize she's had that voice even though she sings pop. I'm here for balladeer Gaga if she finds the right producers. Not here for another stadium rock anthem, though.

I don't think Gaga necessarily needs to stick to ballads, I just need Gaga to get back to the point where she realizes that she's not an army unto herself, and that's it's ok to work with other professionals, even if they reign in your ideas.

I feel like that was the big lesson she had learned when she was dropped from Def Jam. That she couldn't do it alone. And so when she got a new deal she wasn't just hungry for The Fame, but more willing to work with people and have her ideas honed into something more palatable to the public. She forgot that with the onset of mega-stardom, but it seems like she's learned that lesson again...

I'm actually excited that she's working with RedOne again.

I just happened to turn on the tv just as gaga was half way through her performance. It was a surprisingly reserved performance. Hopefully she remembers that aspect when she records her next album. Because her grunting and growling of the past year or two has been trash. Nobody is buying the faux emotion.

Speaking of Idina, I only realized a few weeks back she was the white lady in question, in regards to all of the Taye Diggs stuff of the past couple years.

3phemeral

I just need Gaga to get back to the point where she realizes that she's not an army unto herself, and that's it's ok to work with other professionals, even if they reign in your ideas.
Exactly this. She got too cocky working with great communicators of traditional pop art and felt there was something insincere about all of it; decided to work and apply with high-art veterans and didn't have the kind of background or R&D to use it in a more effective, understated way and ended up with a visually fragmented experience.

TFM was an incredibly tightly controlled undertaking that was - not coincidentally - her most consistently good. BTW, while having some incredible tracks, was the start of that creative-vomit-without-restriction phase.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I just happened to turn on the tv just as gaga was half way through her performance. It was a surprisingly reserved performance. Hopefully she remembers that aspect when she records her next album. Because her grunting and growling of the past year or two has been trash. Nobody is buying the faux emotion. .

wait
is this the first nice thing you've EVER said about gaga?

edit; also kelly clarkson was on the graham norton show friday.
Never seen an interview with her, shes really likeable.
Looks cuddly too

royalan

GET INTO THE ETERNAL BEAUTY QUEEN. SHOWING YOU ALL WHO THE BLUEPRINT HAS BEEN THIS WHOLE TIME.

I'd be here for an Xtina/Iggy collab, tbh...:(

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I can't help but feel that she would look a million times better with good makeup, the Irn Bru look does nothing for her

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't help but feel that she would look a million times better with good makeup, the Irn Bru look does nothing for her

The more natural the better. She has done natural look before and looks divine. I don't get her obsession with the tanning mess.

royalan

I too am I bit over the fake tan, especially because she has naturally great skin.

I'm a fan of how they did her makeup the last season she was on The Voice, high glam but a bit more natural, and no excessive tan:

ibulTed9sHQ5y.gif

Still, Xtina was SNATCHED to the Gods last night and was serving you all RuPaul's Drag Race Top 3.

Does she use face tapes?

EDIT: Nevermind I don't think it's possible with that hair. Plus she looks normal from the side view. But yeah that front-facing picture makes her look a bit too snatched. Like Terri Hatcher snatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom