• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Let's just say something happened.

tumblr_inline_n1h630gxPN1rt7tb9.gif
Better not dig more then.

zgLDtKe.gif

Edit: :rip: at Google results of "Rihanna Prince" X_x

rude

Banned
We Found Love? Smash.
Cockiness? Smash.
Birthday Cake? Smash.
Roc Me Out? Smash.
You da One? Smash.
Watch 'n Learn? Rihanna's BEST song.

All of you can [ t r u l y ] choke on TTT's plump cl*t.

Mau ®

I want you to know that it's our time
You and me we're the same force
I want you to know that it's our time
You and me bleed the same light
I want you to know that I'm all yours
You and me run the same course

Mexican Madonna delivers another bop!

Mau ®

Diamonds, Loveeeeeeeee Song, Stay and Mother Mary/Love Without Tragedy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The entirety of TTT

Floridian

Time to give promo to Indie R&B artist Dawn Richards. This beautiful dark skinned singer has been giving her best work solo without the needs of Dirty Money or Danity Kane (Except Aundrea. Bless her).
Don't want a Rebel Heart? Then get into the latest Critically Acclaimed album Blackheart. It has top notch production & Variety of music styles. Her vocals are a+ Plus. Who cares if it only sold like 10k copies, the Public doesn't know any better.

8RjUoCO.png

Playlist:

Top Tier:
Billie Jean
Blow
Choices
Projection
Adderall/Sold
Titans

Great Tier:
Castles
Swim Free
Blackheart
Warriors

Filler:
Calypso
The Deep
Noir
Phoenix (Feat Aundrea)

Truly the alternative R&B version of BWET. Available on Spotify/iTunes. Get into it if you haven't already!

rude

Banned
Mau ®;153387791 said:
Diamonds, Loveeeeeeeee Song, Stay and Mother Mary/Love Without Tragedy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The entirety of TTT
Not listing pour it up and phresh out the runway tells me that you haven't even listened to that alber and you're just posting to spite me TBQFH.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Phresh of the Dumpster should have stayed in the dumpster and never show up even as an unreleased song. Then again that is my opinion about 90% of the album.

rude

Banned
You sound like you're actually listening to the lyrics of phresh. Everyone knows that shit is nonsensical. I'm only here for the trashy pu$$y popping production.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You sound like you're actually listening to the lyrics of phresh. Everyone knows that shit is nonsensical. I'm only here for the trashy pu$$y popping production.

That sounds like she just stole the beat from one of the America's Next Top Model intros and added her vocals. Not here for that.

Floridian

Shitting on Phresh? Oh dear. The Unapologetic shaming needs to stop when it even gave rhat her album grammy win; something Loud failed to do. And TTT is only memorable because of WFL. Either way Rih is still on top so i'm here for her upcoming folk release.

TSj6nQN.gif

Styles

Taylor Swift named IFPI global recording artist of 2014

She is the only artist in music history to have three albums (2010's Speak Now, 2012's RED, 2014's 1989) hit the 1 million plus first-week sales figure, and the first artist since The Beatles (and the only female artist in history) to log six or more weeks at No. 1 in the U.S. with three consecutive studio albums. Taylor has career record sales in excess of 40 million albums and 130 million song downloads and is one of the top 5 selling digital music artists worldwide.

Taylor’s critically acclaimed fifth studio album 1989 topped iTunes sales charts in over 95 countries on its release and has sold over 8.6 million albums worldwide to date.

Poor your rotten faves

B-kipzTUcAAKufH.jpg

rhandino

Banned
zEP9Nbl.png

I don't like 1989 (or Taylor Swift) BUT I think that she deserves those sales since her promo was incredible on point and flawless, honestly some of our faves could learn several things from ha.

Edit: Just look at this shit:

so gaga's trumpet
I thought she made a promise not to tatoo that half of her body?
could not stop looking at it for her performance

I noticed that the other night. Coincidentally a few hours earlier, due to that Asian artists in America thread I also saw that Miss Awkwafina was rocking a similar tat. Google tells me Awkwafina called Gags out for copying her.

Google also tells me Awkwafina dragged Taylor Swift for her shitty WtNY song. As a West Coast dude let me stan ha. Go awkward, rapping Asian queen.

Awkwafina "NYC Bitche$"
Awkwafina "My Vag"

This is the best version of "Happy Birthday"

"Mariah Carey singing "Happy Birthday To You" To Muhammed Ali":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRnXgBjcWQI

I mean, hew else can turn "Happy Birthday" into a gospel-flavored song?

This was truly her second vocal peak.
Random, yes. But also FLAWLESS

2002-2003 was just incredible. For me, it's the vocal era that makes her so unique. The same artist who sang with the sky high tessitura of Emotions could also sound the depths of the deepest, duskiest soul.

I can't think of another singer whose voice experienced such drastic stylistic change - her voice went from excellent to just...a different form of excellent that I think I like even better. Whitney, maybe, if we're talking 1999.

We'll just forget everything that happened in the ten years that followed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom