• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Mau ®;153494930 said:
FourFiveSeconds>>>>>>>>>>>>> Towards The PG Rating
David Guetta and now this? Are you Ok today sis?

L6zS9Vo.png

Random, yes. But also FLAWLESS

2002-2003 was just incredible. For me, it's the vocal era that makes her so unique. The same artist who sang with the sky high tessitura of Emotions could also sound the depths of the deepest, duskiest soul.

I can't think of another singer whose voice experienced such drastic stylistic change - her voice went from excellent to just...a different form of excellent that I think I like even better. Whitney, maybe, if we're talking 1999.

We'll just forget everything that happened in the ten years that followed :p

That's why I LOVE Mariah so much. Have you noticed that she sounds different on every one of her albums? That's something that I feel is very unique to her. There's really no other singer who goes through as many vocal changes from album to album.

That's why I LOVE Mariah so much. Have you noticed that she sounds different on every one of her albums? That's something that I feel is very unique to her. There's really no other singer who goes through as many vocal changes from album to album.
Yep, and it's such a treat to hear the way those changes have stylistic impact on her older songs. Daydream-era on "Vision of Love" or Charmbracelet-era Mariah on "Hero" for example.

It's really quite amazing~

As far as my own preference, I generally use Music Box/Merry Christmas-era Mariah for the weighty, honey-suckled quality her voice had then. Then it's Daydream-era Mariah for her phlegmy, sort of "liquid" agility that marked her voice at the time. And in third would be Charmbracelet-era raspy soul-Riah.

If there were some device that could have cloned Mariah and frozen that particular vocal styling in time, that would be one killer vocal trio on stage :p

Towards The Sun makes me think of Coldplay but only if modern Coldplay wasn't trash. I'm surprised Mau isn't here for it!

Mau ®;153490907 said:
Oh at Rhat improving her vocals once again.

When will Perra?

Perra's "vocals" are forever trapped on Dr. Luke's computers tbh.

Aguila

#ICONIC
asco at that gif

Say Lou Lou's album is not out until April 6 in the rest of the world. Why do these girls do this? Everybody should just Beyoncé their albums.

Floridian

Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back, just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

Where you gonna go
Where you gonna go
Where you gonna run to
When you get to the edge of the night
Its time you face the sky

lCgxD0J.gif

Vazduh

Say Lou Lou's album is not out until April 6 in the rest of the world. Why do these girls do this? Everybody should just Beyoncé their albums.

It sucks, tbh. I hope they put Maybe You, Better In The Dark and Fool Of Me back in the International edition, I don't know why they left those out.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Turn your face towards the sun
Let the shadows fall behind you
Don't look back, just carry on
And the shadows will never find you

Where you gonna go
Where you gonna go
Where you gonna run to
When you get to the edge of the night
Its time you face the sky

lCgxD0J.gif

Shits on Standing On The Sun.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Natalia Kills is surprisingly nice in The X Factor. She has bitchy moments but for most of the time she seems to be likable and may I dare say sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom