• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'll see your Riri fan and raise you a Miley one:

Bo0IT4f.jpg

(Don't know about the RIhanna one, but this one IS British)

it looks like The Thing was trying to impersonate justin bieber but got stuck halfway

[edit] seems like robin thicke, roy's some-time fave, is a shameless thief to the tune of $7.3 million. does this strike anybody else as particularly interesting.

ibnKNwJxYerVzA.gif

Is that a possibility?

Oh and congrats to one of my favs, Kelly Clarkson, on another #1 album!

It becomes more possible with every passing day. :/

I haven't listened to Rebel Heart yet, I'm scared. My friend who's a HUGE Madonna stan texted me saying everything past Joan Of Arc sucks. :( And he loved MDNA

Poor hag.

If she would actually try to make good albums instead of shamelessly trend chasing for what all "the kids" are listening to, this wouldn't happen. Or maybe it still would. It just wouldn't be DESERVED.

cory64

After giving her a gig in Battleship, director Peter Berg will direct Rihanna in a new documentary. Described by Deadline as “a contemporary take on the 1967 Bob Dylan rock doc Dont Look Back, it will be an “unfiltered look into Rihanna’s life and how she’s ascended to become a global icon.” “Much more a character study than a music film,” according to Berg, we can’t imagine this will attract much attention outside of those in the artist’s fanbase, but we’ll have to see.

ICON.

LEGEND.

Deal with it.

ig5szEgHcs0wS.gif

Mau ®

Not only do I find Rebel Heart to be completely useless after track #2, but it actually has made me dislike M. I wouldn't even want to see her on tour anymore. Thats how much it displeases me.

Poor hag.

If she would actually try to make good albums instead of shamelessly trend chasing for what all "the kids" are listening to, this wouldn't happen. Or maybe it still would. It just wouldn't be DESERVED.

Madonna's entire career was based on her chasing trends, it just so happens that now she's on 2 year delay, and combined with general ageism, it's a lot more noticeable.

Mau ®

I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow plugged that event in somewhere. It was pretty impacting.

Lbr, it's gonna be the doc's selling point lol.

When the Rhat talks about Chris = RATINGS! (Oprah, Diane Sawyer)

When the Rhat doesn't talk about Chris = Flop! (777Tour Doc on Fox)

Floridian

Lbr, Confessions on a Dance floor was the last usable Madonna item.
tea_zps9c3bbac3.gif

Mau ®;155704372 said:

Exactly.

Mau ®

I kinda used some parts of Hard Candy and MDNA. Which is why I tolerated her late-as-fuck trendchasing.

Not anymore with Repel Charts tho.

Partition

Banned
Lbr, Confessions on a Dance floor was the last usable Madonna item.

Duh

I've been catching up on her albums (wasn't familiar with her work as a whole for a while) and have listened to Bedtime Stories, ROL, Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart so far. Really the only great album out of those was ROL, Confessions and Bedtime were just good, Hard Candy was bad, and MDNA and Rebel Heart were really bad. Don't really have much drive to listen to her other albums but I think i'll try Music next. She is a really overrated artist tbh, and like GaGa seems to be known more for her theatrics than actual music.

rude

Banned
Duh

I've been catching up on her albums (wasn't familiar with her work as a whole for a while) and have listened to Bedtime Stories, ROL, Confessions, Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart so far. Really the only great album out of those was ROL, Confessions and Bedtime were just good, Hard Candy was bad, and MDNA and Rebel Heart were really bad. Don't really have much drive to listen to her other albums but I think i'll try Music next.
Have you tried Erotica? It's one of her very very few listenable albums.

Mau ®;155704372 said:

Are you okay sis? You've been extra free with your Rihanna comments lately, almost like your stanhood is in jeopardy

Unless you're not up your faves' asses like I am usually........... But I've seen you be kinder to TayTay and Coldplay

3phemeral

First impressions on Rebel Heart:

I honestly think a lot of you are being just unnecessarily harsh. I'm not a huge Madonna fan but I found a lot of like on this. Anyway, the best tracks are far and away after Joan of Arc:

Overall: Something's changed with the way she sings that I don't like: she comes off whiny and shrill and it's the main reason why some of these tracks lose bopability points (Living for Love). But there's a surprising amount of tracks that remind me of classic Madonna that I love.

Love:
Ghost town
Inside Out
Best Night
S.E.X.
Messiah​

Like:
Devil Pray
Unaplogetic Bitch
Hold Tight
Joan of Arc
Iconic
Holy Water
Rebel Heart​

Meh:
Illuminati
Body Shop (cute, though)​

Hate:
Noting
(what?!)

Want to Like & Might Change My Mind After a Few Listens:
Bitch, I'm Madonna
Heartbreak City
Wash All Over Me
Veni Vidi Vici
Living for Love​

I'm surprised I don't hate anything after first pass. What I've found is that sure, she's chasing trends, but does she do an admirable job of making that enjoyable? I think so. There's a lot of killer hooks and melodies here that aren't quite complemented with satisfactory verses.

1zY1nO

Partition

Banned
Mau ®;155719216 said:
Grimes is his ultimate fave IIRC.

I am interested in seeing a list of his Top 5 faves though. Partition is one of my faves even tho he doesn't particularly like me :/

Sis? I like you. I like most everyone here, tbqfh.

I think my faves would be somewhat in this order:
Grimes
Beyoncé
Azealia Banks
FKA Twigs
Lykke Li

cory64

HE FILLS ME UP

HE GIVES ME LOVE

MORE LOVE THAN I'VE EVER SEEN

HE'S ALL I'VE GOT

HE'S ALL I'VE GOT IN THIS WORLD

BUT HE'S ALL THE MAN THAT I NEED

iXQEHSxbtqeFO.gif

tmarques

First impressions on Rebel Heart:

I honestly think a lot of you are being just unnecessarily harsh. I'm not a huge Madonna fan but I found a lot of like on this.

It's one thing to dislike the album, but it's evident the hatred exhibited by some posters is directed towards the woman and not the album. Some of these people would be trashing the album whatever it was.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
rebel heart has a half decent metascore which suggests it's nowhere near as bad as half of you flop miscreants are suggesting

Floridian

It's one thing to dislike the album, but it's evident the hatred exhibited by some posters is directed towards the woman and not the album. Some of these people would be trashing the album whatever it was.

For me it's the music. There's not one song on her album that I would add to my personal playlist. Except maybe living for love, I tolerate that.

cory64

I was in a super good, generous, and open mood when I listened to Rebel Heart and it was better than I expected but still mostly trash with almost no standout tracks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Who was the poor Sky Ferreira clone Aguila posted some days ago? I need to share the link with a bitch.

EDIT: Found ha.

Mau ®

Sis? I like you. I like most everyone here, tbqfh.

I think my faves would be somewhat in this order:
Grimes
Beyoncé
Azealia Banks
FKA Twigs
Lykke Li

Oh bless *.*

I kinda knew this list. I was expecting something left field you'd never mentioned before lol

I guess we should all make our lists of Top Faves

Rihanna
Coldplay
Kings of Leon
Drake
Kanye West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom