• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you count The Fame Monster as a separate album?

Yes. The Fame Monster has Bad Romance, So Happy I Could Die, Dance in The Dark and Monster.

But Born This Way has Marry The Night, Scheiße, Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Bad Kids, Heavy Metal Lover, Edge of Glory, You and I, Judas and BTW. It's just an overall better album imo.

Every single song on TFM is amazing. The album is the perfect length and doesn't overstay its welcome. The same absolutely cannot be said for BTW. It's not a bad album, but it's far too long and preachy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Seems like the critics also agreed that TFM > BTW

I'll refrain from posting receipts though, I know how some people fume

bad tea
the kind that you get at starbucks because you don't like coffee
BTW > TFM

iAhtlqVc7KYyQ.gif

Seems like the critics also agreed that TFM > BTW

I'll refrain from posting receipts though, I know how some people fume
Considering someone gave BTW a literal 0 and didn't review the album, just went on to bash Gaga instead, and Metacritic STILL counted it as a review, I don't think the critics will really help

either way they're two amazing albums

Round 1 has finally come to an end, on the winners bracket at least. Madonna and Charli were the last two to face off for your votes. Who gets to move forward into the winners bracket, and who gets to schmooze with the losers? Here's how you voted:

ibgVGEAAsvFbdJ.png

A no-brainer this time; the queen of pop gets to move forward to the winners bracket! Charli did have a solid following though, even if it was a blowout for Madge. She has a pretty good shot of getting far in the Losers Bracket, so look for her to re-emerge for your votes later on.

Now that Round 1 is over, here's a round-up of where our sistas fall on the double elimination tournament board:

ibaWmKx09l59pH.png

The Winners Bracket is an interesting mix of big pop titans and some alternative/niche crooners. The Losers Bracket meanwhile is an even bigger melting pot, and has some surprising inclusions. Given that there are more people competing in the Losers Bracket, and given that they only have one chance to stay on the board, it doesn't look too good for the smaller artists. Then again, yall's random voting patterns could make for any kind of upset.

Thanks again for voting as usual, and stay tuned for the next phase of the OT-X Tourney, coming in minutes!

ifrjj691NtalJ.png

Now we shift gears to the girls that you weren't featuring so much in round 1. Some will face redemption, others will falter into the abyss. Remember: If someone loses this time, they're out for good. Cast your votes wisely this time.... Only one member of this group can move back up to the Winners Bracket for the final championship. With that said, LET'S ROLL MOTHAFUCKAHHHHhhsss:

iJwkLUZSr5DXo.png

Yep, it's a battle of threes. Only one gets to go through though, so embrace the messy. Let my inbox have it.

You can vote by clicking here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom