• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the next battle of threes! Keep in mind that this is the last three-way matchup in the tournament. There are two more fights after this in the first round of the Losers Bracket, and they're both regular match ups. We'll tackle those later though. Right now, let's get Battle 02 rolling!

i8u4gHx81gILC.png

Three new losers are back to fight for redemption, and your votes. Can Bey pull out the win we expect, or will Ke$ha or Ellie send her packing?
Make sure to vote right now by CLICKING HERE!

Congrats Kylie even though i didn't vote. :(

The next challenge is way too easy for me. Ellephantitus and Ke₵ha can try again next time. They still have so much time.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
it's weird how many times today I had the urge to make a Rob-sized post about some artists, but stopped bc it'd just be paid dust and dismissed as old man ramblings

iboESBgZUcWsya.gif

Dominator

Gonna be honest here. I fucking love Jewels n' Drugs off of ARTPOP. Song bangs, aside from Too Short being absolute trash.

Maybe I just love the beat... But I somehow find myself singing the chorus lol

Stefan™;132707810 said:
She is being way too extraT.

Where is she getting these extra ass septum pieces, I KNOW those giant pearls are really uncomfortable.

(the colour on that tattoo makes the others look like incomplete pieces mess)

She's great. Underrated itunes top 130 queen.

I recently got back into the colossal punching that is Count Contessa.

Stefan™;132707810 said:
She is being way too extraT.

ibjn0GVISSD43O.gif

She loves her fans and she loves tattoos, no brainer. But of course POPGAF has to spin everything to either be 1) she's desperate, 2) she's pandering, or 3) she's insane. lol

Cheek to Cheek (the #1 album in the United States, now on iTunes) is still giving me life. I still go back to ARTPOP (her first of two #1 albums in 12 months, also on iTunes) every once in a while for iconic gems like Venus and ARTPOP, and recently I've had Marry The Night (off album of the decade Born This Way, yet another #1 album) on repeat in my car.

What a time to be alive

Ugh, Cheek to Cheek is so horrible. Barbra's duet with Michael Buble is like a billion times better than anything on Cheek to Cheek. I need pop Gaga back.

Gaga never makes anything to be crap. That's a huge under sight and basically and excuse for her failures. She wanted to do this, because obviously personally for her - it's stepping out of the box.

The only thing that's according to the plan is now that she has made a jazz album, no one can really say she hasn't tried everything. She wants to be diverse and pick up new audiences, even the senior citizens. Once she has them, she can get back to what she really wants... Fame.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Aretha dragged her tragic Adele cover onto the Today Show this morning. Host and audience reactions sitting in that awkward place between we-actually-believe-this-is-great-simply-because-yr-a-legend and smiling-and-squeezing-grandma's-shoulder-because-her-new-knitted-tea-cozy-is-"incredible"

... She meant for it to be crap? I feel like this is an argument you've made before.

No, I meant (jokingly) that she's focusing on outlying genres right now so that she can rebuild some reputation, and by the time she hits back with a pop song people will be anticipating the "return to form." Though I do believe that she's intentionally taking a break from pop music partly as a vacation from the "grind" but also to amp up more hype for her inevitable return to it.

Touchdown

Banned
Aretha dragged her tragic Adele cover onto the Today Show this morning. Host and audience reactions sitting in that awkward place between we-actually-believe-this-is-great-simply-because-yr-a-legend and smiling-and-squeezing-grandma's-shoulder-because-her-new-knitted-tea-cozy-is-"incredible"

lol mess. I give her props for taking that song on though. I see this as a new trend for older artists to take newer popular songs and cover them. For as bad as her cover is it's probably given here more promotion for the album.

I loved her Touch My Body cover though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom