• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

jMulG8z3RtwV1.jpg

Is she shading the beehive? jusT tragic.

iYzxm3jrcRwBU.gif

The vote differential was just too high to keep this going. A winner has been declared for our second battle in the Losers Bracket! Take a look:

iBYcNOcgH6SK8.png

A big thank you to everyone that voted! I wished I could respond with a "thank you" to every PM but just know that I'm appreciative. This is your game and as long as you keep voting on every round, the fun follows suit.

Beyonce snatches this one with ease. Can she continue her winning streak?

Here are our updated standings:

iYgsfn72dQBG9.png

4 ladies have been eliminated, with 14 still alive for the fight. This is a marathon and not a sprint, so as long as you stay committed to your fave the whole way through, there's a good chance she can take it to the championships!

Round 01 Battle 03 will revert back to the typical 1-v-1 matchup, and it's coming in just a few moments. :)

Well this is a bit awkward. I'm gonna have a hard time with this one...

iWCQXaAxXZIy3.png

Tay Tay or RiRi? These ladies are both huge radio/charts queens, and both poised for a massive comeback soon. Who deserves to move forward in the tournament? Let a sister know!

YOU CAN VOTE NOW BY CLICKING HERE.

Happy OT-Xing. xoxo

The vote differential was just too high to keep this going. A winner has been declared for our second battle in the Losers Bracket! Take a look:

iBYcNOcgH6SK8.png

A big thank you to everyone that voted! I wished I could respond with a "thank you" to every PM but just know that I'm appreciative. This is your game and as long as you keep voting on every round, the fun follows suit.

Beyonce snatches this one with ease. Can she continue her winning streak?

Here are our updated standings:

iYgsfn72dQBG9.png

4 ladies have been eliminated, with 14 still alive for the fight. This is a marathon and not a sprint, so as long as you stay committed to your fave the whole way through, there's a good chance she can take it to the championships!

Round 01 Battle 03 will revert back to the typical 1-v-1 matchup, and it's coming in just a few moments. :)

ibk17MbmHfhiaS.gif

Well this is a bit awkward. I'm gonna have a hard time with this one...

iWCQXaAxXZIy3.png

Tay Tay or RiRi? These ladies are both huge radio/charts queens, and both poised for a massive comeback soon. Who deserves to move forward in the tournament? Let a sister know!

YOU CAN VOTE NOW BY CLICKING HERE.

Happy OT-Xing. xoxo

iC0fikUoQbN4B.gif

Mess.... I don't even know who to vote for.

Vazduh

Is she shading the beehive? jusT tragic.

iYzxm3jrcRwBU.gif

This gif will never stop being funny. Fucking Maite Perroni and her "acting", lmao <3

Somebody give me an album to listen to. :(

Here are a few random recommendations, hopefully you'll like some of them :)

Perfume Genius has a new album out, and it's very good. Lights has also released a really good pop album.

Oh, Jungle are the UK act which released a great album a couple of months ago. I'm pretty sure it's available on Spotify. Give that one a try!

Can't stop listening to chasing kites and thin <3

The rest of the songs/videos (ripple, the last dancer, shadowshow) are supposed to be released November 7th. And everything at once on November 10th.

BLUE is my AOTY so far. I think my runner up will be Tough Love.

royalan

As much as I want praise Nicole for her beauty and impressive voice, I can't say she's underrated because she herself makes the dumbest fucking decisions regarding her career. She's right where she put herself.

Anyway, THANKS for the album recommendations, everyone. Roy's got the flu, so I needed something soothing and heavenly that would help lull me to sleep for a few hours. So of course I chose Giltter, Mimi's underrated masterpiece.

But I WILL be listening to all of these...especially the new Hercules and Love Affair album that I'm kicking myself for not knowing about (kisses, Cosmic. ;) )

And Vazduh's music recs are always sickening so I know I'll enjoy those. :)

Floridian

As much as I want praise Nicole for her beauty and impressive voice, I can't say she's underrated because she herself makes the dumbest fucking decisions regarding her career. She's right where she put herself.

Yeah I wish her promotion wasn't awful so she'd be actually relevant in the U.S currently. It's a shame but her voice is amazing.

Can't stop listening to chasing kites and thin <3

The rest of the songs/videos (ripple, the last dancer, shadowshow) are supposed to be released November 7th. And everything at once on November 10th.

BLUE is my AOTY so far. I think my runner up will be Tough Love.
I tried getting into "Thin", but I just can't. "Chasing Kites" is everything, though, and I'm addicted to it. I think it's probably my favorite song so far.

BLUE is becoming my AOTY as well. I can't wait to hear the other songs, but I'm probably just gonna wait till I have the album to listen to it.

I can safely say now that I am a iamamiwhoami stan. :)

Bladenic

This gif will never stop being funny. Fucking Maite Perroni and her "acting", lmao <3

Here are a few random recommendations, hopefully you'll like some of them :)

Perfume Genius has a new album out, and it's very good. Lights has also released a really good pop album.

Oh, Jungle are the UK act which released a great album a couple of months ago. I'm pretty sure it's available on Spotify. Give that one a try!

what telenovela is that gif from im choking

broken image vazzy sis

Mau ®

Nick Jonas's bop "Jealous" jumped into the Top 10 of iTunes after his sexy photoshoot.

Will this be the start of a new trend among male pop acts? I'm here for King Calvin's Men's Health spread, along with his routine and diet.

charli xcx sucker tracklist:

1. sucker
2. break the rules
3. london queen
4. breaking up
5. gold coins
6. boom clap
7. doing it
eek.gif

8. body of my own
9. famous
10. hanging around
11. die tonight
12. caught in the middle
13. need your love

the data for london queen has also been added to itunes, probs a pre-order song at some point between now and december (it's 2:51, another short one, this album is going to go by so quickly in the first listen, damn those punk influences
cry.gif
)

such a mess that she's touring right now with these songs but it's not actually releasing for another few months

i still don't get why she pushed it back
confused.gif

Majmun

Hopefully it's Rihanna.

Still don't know why Taylor is so popular. Her persona and music are so boring. She can't sing and can't perform either. Her relevancy in current pop-industry is just baffling to me.

Bladenic

King Calvin's album is coming to decimate. Another Ellie collab and HAIM? I'm fully erect. Big Sean kinda ruins it a bit though.

Mau ®

zsTyjImw.png

Releasing in one month exactly.

The collabs:

1. Ellie Goulding
2. Ummet Ozcan, the song is called "Overdrive"
3. Big Sean
4. R3hab, the song is called "Burnin'"
5. Tinashe
6. Haim
7. Firebeatz
8. Hurts
9. All About She
10. Gwen Stefani

He sings in about 4-5 tracks.

KING!!!

Majmun

Seriously. His copy&paste music has become quite stale.

He peaked with We Found Love. All of his songs sounded similar ever since.

Mau ®

Um. "Sweet Nothing", "Thinking about you", "I need your love"and "Blame" are bops. Also "I will never let you down".

The King's still got it and nobody is gonna tell me different.

Vitanimus

no rihanna, no buy

anyway gurls I need your advice for my radio demo that's tomorrow. I'm recording a 20/25 minute slot that the radio people will listen to and assess how well you do etc. I'm gonna do a "Top 5 songs you never heard this year" sorta feature cos apparently that sounds good, so this is my playlist so far

• forget yourself - ronika (just cos she's from nottingham)
  • pendulum - fka twigs
  • octahate - ryn weaver
  • every little thing - robyn and royksopp
  • blue blue - iamamiwhoami

so yeah, lemme know what you think!

Vazduh

no rihanna, no buy

anyway gurls I need your advice for my radio demo that's tomorrow. I'm recording a 20/25 minute slot that the radio people will listen to and assess how well you do etc. I'm gonna do a "Top 5 songs you never heard this year" sorta feature cos apparently that sounds good, so this is my playlist so far

• forget yourself - ronika (just cos she's from nottingham)
  • pendulum - fka twigs
  • octahate - ryn weaver
  • every little thing - robyn and royksopp
  • blue blue - iamamiwhoami

so yeah, lemme know what you think!

OviETUT.gif

I like your choices.

Seriously. His copy&paste music has become quite stale.

He peaked with We Found Love. All of his songs sounded similar ever since.

Eh, I'm not expecting much. Calvin's production is a little played-out right now.

My thoughts exactly.

Collabs are hot but Ehhh, his style is so stale, I'm expecting them all to be shit. I wish he would go back to being experimental and weird like on I Created Disco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom