• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Speaking of Lance how salty is it for gay-Gaf to find out that the least attractive member of a band is gay. I guess it'd be like finding out Kelly Rowland wasn't heterosexual for straight guys...

Just kidding Be

ibfueZLi1WJUkg.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Speaking of Lance how salty is it for gay-Gaf to find out that the least attractive member of a band is gay. I guess it'd be like finding out Kelly Rowland wasn't heterosexual for straight guys...

Just kidding Be

So... you agree that LeToya is the best looking out of all of Destiny's Children.

RubyFaith

US Billboard Features Lee Hi As the K-Pop Breakout Artist To Watch

With over 5 million views on her music video for debut track, “1.2.3.4,” which was released on October 28, Lee Hi (also known as Lee Ha Yi) has already captured the interest of foreigners abroad, starting with US Billboard.com; this is a music site that provides chart rankings, reviews and biographies of hot and upcoming artists. For her quick ascent up the K-Pop Top 100 songs chart, Lee Hi was quickly researched and given the spotlight with a thorough biography which tracks her beginnings as an artist back to her K-Pop Star Audition days. Author of the article, Jeff Benjamin even goes as to introduce several other talented K-Pop artists in the same article such as miss A and NS Yoon-G.

Ever since PSY‘s “Gangnam Style“, it appears that K-Pop has finally been able to reach a greater audience, surpassing language barriers and garnering respect and appreciation for its creativity and musicality. This is evidence by the recent boost in viewership on sites like Youtube that provide the perfect platform for Korean artists to upload their music videos, which fan will often subtitle for international fans to enjoy. You could say that the HallYu wave is now beginning to spread beyond Asia and the Pacific Islands.

To have already achieved this level of recognition from abroad as a debut artist is quite a feat for 16-year-old Lee Hi. Great expectations have been placed on the solo artist, whose distinct soulful voice is bound to continue to enrapture others in Korean culture and Korean K-pop as other artists before her have.

121112_LeeHibillboard.jpg

121112_LeeHiBillboard2.jpg

LORD JESUS, NO. THIS TALENTED SNORE HAD THE MOST BORING/AWKWARD DEBUT EVER.
5zvrU.png

I AM SO BUTTHURT THAT AMERICA IS RIDING YG SINCE PSY IS UNDER THEM

5zvrU.png

What kind of twisted pop world catering to a Duffy 2.0?

tumblr_md9f95kW5e1rcwssoo5_r1_250.gif

Majmun

So... you agree that LeToya is the best looking out of all of Destiny's Children.

Funny thing is that she always looked the best to me...until the Say My Name video was released. Beyonce has made everyone look like a basic bitch ever since. HewToya was forgotten and paid dust. She's still the best looking DC background singer tho, even hotter than Kely imo.

RubyFaith

I meaaaaaaaaaaan, I likeD Luckett when she had her own 15 second era (pours some 40 inher honor I guess), but she gives me lady boy vibes. Her voice is a work of wonders, I'll give her that, and I wish she had not gotten her career played...twice.

tumblr_mdas82tu7W1rfduvxo1_250.gif

royalan

I meaaaaaaaaaaan, I likeD Luckett when she had her own 15 second era (pours some 40 inher honor I guess), but she gives me lady boy vibes. Her voice is a work of wonders, I'll give her that, and I wish she had not gotten her career played...twice.

tumblr_mdas82tu7W1rfduvxo1_250.gif

Well, she did come back and get an unlikely hit under her own name. More than was expected.

royalan

I don't who DMJ is referring to, but Bey was always the prettiest one.

She was not the prettiest one in the Bills Bills Billa video. Mama Tina Cajun Yellow Bone Voodoo Priestess' ratchet styling had her looking like their mother.

That would change by the Survivor era, though.

royalan

Why are the Xtincta stans coming for Beyonce?

I'm not COMING coming for her. I was just praising her a few pages ago.

I just don't think that she's AS global as some of her American Pop contemporaries. Though, to be fair, that might not be her goal anymore. Her sound has gone increasingly US R&B centric since 4.

RubyFaith

I'm not COMING coming for her. I was just praising her a few pages ago.

I just don't think that she's AS global as some of her American Pop contemporaries. Though, to be fair, that might not be her goal anymore. Her sound has gone increasingly US R&B centric since 4.

A whole country is local? Uh...
okIAQ.gif

Just gonna leave out the fact that she does have global success too.
okIAQ.gif

royalan

Because she can do all the vocal acrobatics Xtina TRIES to do, and she doesn't sound like a fool while doing it... I mean, thats the only thing I can think of.

15qvk9k.jpjtpy4.gif

False tea. Say what you want about Xtina's technique, but her catalogue is home to some of the most difficult melodies in Pop. Only Mariah's catalogue surpasses hers.

We talking about the girl who recorded Fighter at age 20. Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom