• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

because of DEATHmei.

Dfs9v.jpg

You're sweet.

iA792pKKyB6sn.gif

JCX

wait

Lana Del Rey's "Lolita" is a BOP (and nobody ever told me!)

I usually forget about that song since it's a bonus track, but one of the best on BTD.

Also, I slightly prefer the live version of Body Electric. Grittiness works well.

Satch

Banned
i didn't realize that "my pussy tastes like pepsi cola" were the opening lyrics to Cola

what kind of labial slap in the face

JCX

I dunno how she expects to get radio play with "Cola" as her next single. The worst thing about Paradise is that we'll likely never get videos for Dark Paradise and This Is What Makes Us Girls.

Majmun

I dunno how she expects to get radio play with "Cola" as her next single.

They're probably going to change "pussy" into something lame like "body" or "kissing"

But Cola still remains one of my favorite Paradise tracks. One of my favorite Lana tracks, even.

I spent like 3 minutes trying to find POPGAF. I was starting to think that the thread was deleted. :O I was about to have a heart attack.

Anyways, I'm only here for Beyoncé when she is dueting with GaGa, tbh.
That's a lie, I like some of her solo music.

Majmun

I want some new Janelle Monae :(

Beyonce stans, Kimbra stans, and now Janelle stans?

New POP-Gaf has amazing taste.

I'm eagely awaiting Monae's next album. The ArchAndroid is a timeless classic and is still getting heavy rotation.

I was hoping the new album to be released this year. But I haven't heard anything new about it. But I have a lot of faith in Janelle.

moulels

Get ready to "Scream & Shout," courtesy of will.i.am and Britney Spears. The pair's new single will premiere on U.S. radio at 3 p.m. EST on Monday (Nov. 19). Three days later, on Thanksgiving night, its music video will debut during Fox TV's "The X Factor," on which Spears serves as a judge. The single will also go on sale via digital retailers next week, although an exact release date hasn't been announced yet.

http://www.billboard.com/news?utm_s...itney-spears-scream-shout-on-1008017682.story

This is tew much. Why doesn't she do this kind of promo for her own projects??

ibjKERRuHuElSF.gif

RT

Praise be to blessed Rihanna: Flop Stan Slayer.
ibfmrsT34v9FIJ.gif

Dear Rhisus Christ, from whom all blessings flow, I thank thee for smiting those FLOPS:

fzgyN.png
ayCEI.png
P8vae.png
8qxoR.png
sfQmD.png
apNGa.png
PiUJY.png
N7e4r.png

unRT8.png
4xOoA.png
WXXUb.png
2zWXk.png
Snoty.png
QQXIk.png

May their 7 day penance allow them time to reflect upon whom they STAN. May the names Gaga, Lana, 1D, Xtina and Kelly be forgotten and wiped from memory. May the remnants of their "careers" offer guidance to those who would stray from the chosen path.

ibnKr88VP25KP.gif

ib1RnuWQUKHs67.gif

Blessed be, Queen Rhianna, who removed such wretches from our midst.

izk96wc8LvgWh.png

May the graves of the fallen provide sturdy step stones, for our Empress approaches. For she has heard our cries for flawless vocals, and sent her humble servant to make way.

iErbxmaKEellP.gif

Behold, PopGaf, she has arisen.
Empress Queen High Honeysuckle Beyonce Giselle Knowles-Carter

She will STEAL your faves SONGS... those bitches ain't SANGIN no way.
She will STEAL your faves CHOREOGRAPHY... those bitches can't DANCE anyway.
She will STEAL your faves STAGE... those bitches are performing at HALF CAPACITY.
She will SNATCH your faves WIGS... those broke bitches are still rockin KENANKELON.

ibtCjklGmCHtxS.gif

And she will do these things, not because she is VENGEFUL or full of WRATH. But to show you how its supposed to be done. The lessors will REND their flesh and GNASH their teeth when the TRUTH is revealed. "Your faves NEVER stood a chance."

“Instead of a Lady Gaga, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”

i1zVjDpp8xBSM.gif

"Look upon her works, ye "Mighty", and despair!"

Your faves tried, and tried hard. For that they deserve our pity. But Beyonce is our ONCE and FUTURE Queen. Your faves should do their best to not forget it.

AMEN!

iY5Y2rjBeClCo.png

iUt7Zh6yaOAel.gif

It'll get more use than Paradise, too.

ikqlxgmnmyhmzgbqhe.gif

Fixed that for ya.

ikqlxgmnmyhmzgbqhe.gif

ikqlxgmnmyhmzgbqhe.gif

Not here for the seethingest heaux in POPGAF.

Shouldnt you be stewing in Xtina's juices?
isQ5QcxeJdsfO.gif

the subliminal advertising is brilliant tbh

botty

Banned

Satch

Banned
The stars are for all the songs I liked the most and plan on keeping in my playlist.

SyQwh.png

Lots of the production sounds like it belongs in the quieter moments of a film score. The whole album is like that really, due to its heavy use of strings. However, Lana's voice just isn't much in the way of spectacular, but she manages to have a unique and primarily inoffensive sound that I really can't detest too much.

Going through the album, I realized that she's not as boring as I initially assumed. She is safe though, and it's done wonders for her image. As I listened to the first few songs, I kept saying to myself, "Adele should be singing this," but then I realized it's probably for the best that they stay with Lana. Adele wouldn't be able to carry a sound like this (and it's got nothing to do with Adele's technical proficiency - she's a fantastic singer). Adele's voice isn't quaint enough for Lana's music.

I liked the album. I won't be stanning, but I'm definitely a fan of hers in some capacity now. It'll be interesting to see how she goes forward from here, because the 60s Americana style won't (and can't) last forever.

botty

Banned
Queen Xtina will be sitting in the front row at the AMAs:

FEVlt.jpg

Fitting since the show will be all about her, and her soon-to-be iconic Lotus 'medley' performance.

Satch

Banned
Queen Xtina will be sitting in the front row at the AMAs:

FEVlt.jpg

Fitting since the show will be all about her, and her soon-to-be iconic Lotus 'medley' performance.

It's nice of them to give her a spare seat so the rest of her isn't spilling out into the aisle.

botty

Banned
It's nice of them to give her a spare seat so the rest of her isn't spilling out into the aisle.

That seat is probably reserved for her personal penis... and the Matt Rutler attached to it. He attends all of the many events in which she is awarded, honored, or simply slays.

He can be seen here:

i0KIEP90YgpdJ.gif

This was from the ALMA awards were the queen was honored and awarded for her work in feeding starving children all over the world. So while your fave was pretending to carry a child in her bleached uterus, Xtina was saving lives.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

This was from the ALMA awards were the queen was honored and awarded for her work in feeding starving children all over the world. So while your fave was pretending to carry a child in her bleached uterus, Xtina was saving lives.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

Sure she wasn't just eating in front of them?

iVJoQ14BWc0Pk.gif

Styles

Rihoe must repent for her sins, for what she has done to Popgaf.

jbahQaY970MmQe_e.jpg

Who's idea was it to add Australians to the title? Koohoe?

botty

Banned
somebody pour one out for Let There Be Love

Let There Be Love is nearly guaranteed to be the third single, tbh. It had the second most requests after Just a Fool, and is also the only song charting besides "JaF" and "Make the world Flop."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom