• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
546982_10151321796597915_1155504744_n.jpg

The area between her eyes and the top of her head is enormous.

ib2jVAiWacrR9N.gif

3phemeral

I just saw Xtina's the voice performance and I'm glad she kept it cute and avoided the higher belts, thus preventing any gif-able opportunities.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
RED and Paradise are AOTY. That Rihanna album is gonna suck though.

Styles

There's a shiny new No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, as Rihanna's "Diamonds" rises 2-1. The song dethrones Maroon 5's "One More Night" (1-2) after a nine-week reign.

With her 12th Hot 100 topper, Rihanna ties Madonna and the Supremes for the fourth-most leaders in the chart's 54-year history. (The Supremes' sum does not include Diana Ross' six solo No. 1s.) Only the Beatles (20), Mariah Carey (18) and Michael Jackson (13; also not counting the Jackson 5's four No. 1s) have sent more titles to the top of the Hot 100.

Here is a recap of Rihanna's dozen dominators on the Hot 100:
2006, "SOS" (three weeks at No. 1)
2007," Umbrella," featuring Jay-Z (seven)
2008, "Take a Bow" (one)
2008, "Disturbia" (two)
2008, "Live Your Life" (T.I. featuring Rihanna) (six)
2010, "Rude Boy" (five)
2010, "Love the Way You Lie" (Eminem featuring Rihanna) (seven)
2010, "What's My Name?," featuring Drake (one)
2010, "Only Girl (In the World)" (one)
2011, "S&M," featuring Britney Spears (one)
2011, "We Found Love," featuring Calvin Harris (10)
2012, "Diamonds" (one to date)

Having first led the Hot 100 the week of May 13, 2006, with "SOS," Rihanna passes Carey as the female artist to reach 12 No. 1s the fastest. Rihanna's six-year, seven-month span between her first and 12th leaders bests Carey's seven-year, one-month, two-week stretch. Among all acts, only the Beatles (a rapid-fire, Beatlemania-fueled two years, four months and three weeks) and the Supremes (five years, four months) reached the milestone more quickly

"Diamonds" introduces Rihanna's seventh studio set, "Unapologetic," released yesterday. While she has now banked 12 Hot 100 No. 1s, she's yet to top the Billboard 200 album chart. Stay tuned to Billboard.com for projections on whether "Unapologetic" could grant Rihanna her first Billboard 200 No. 1 next week.

Also check Billboard.com later today (Nov. 21) for a complete rundown of the latest Hot 100's top 10. On Thursday (22), all rankings, including the Hot 100 and On-Demand Songs in their entirety and Digital Songs and Radio Songs, will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday.
http://www.billboard.com/news/rihan...diamonds-shines-atop-hot-100-1008025052.story

A message from the underworld:

YASSSS POST ABOUT HA SLAYAGE!!
S9fmw.gif

Hkq3c.gif

Don't drag Mercury.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Umbrella was the only one with any right to actually hit #1. The rest just seem like bizarre anomalies in music chart history.

CRS

Bless Ace.

And screw Thanksgiving; the superior holiday is supplanting it early this year.

:/

Damn it, title is cracking me up. Still want that Jessie Ware title though.

Christmas-GAF |OT3| All CRS Wants for Christmas is a Jessie Ware title~

Wilsongt

I couldn't find our thread. D:

Anyway, caught up on Monday's Drag Race All-Stars. The song of the night was Robyn's "Dancing on my own". So many tears were flowing. ;.; RuPaul is such a nice Goddess.

SaintZ

Anyway, caught up on Monday's Drag Race All-Stars. The song of the night was Robyn's "Dancing on my own". So many tears were flowing. ;.; RuPaul is such a nice Goddess.
Heh, when the song came up I instantly thought of POPGAF tbh. I know Robyn thanks to this place.

Majmun

Throw it, throw it up
Watch it all fall out
Pour It Up, Pour It Up
That's how we ball out

ipxfRIwwjSup9.gif

Who cares how you haters feel
And I still got my money
Call J up and close a deal
I still got my money

Ohhh all I see is signs
All I see is dollar signs

i6wFCVWQ1FEJy.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

Watching that clip on Tumblr yesterday made me want to get back into the show. I still haven't seen season 4. :(

solange's losing you is my jam, on constant rotate

she is like beyonce but hip (j/k i love bey)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/true/id575984370

FIVE AND 1/2 DAYS TO GO

Majmun

I wonder how the ghosts will re-enter this realm again.

I expect alot of Unapologetic shade. It's going to be messy
iXRpRFmfSOOqP.gif

Majmun

Lady Gaga can try, but George Michael and Mariah still are the Christmas song queens.

No one will ever beat Last Christmas and All I want For Christmas.

True classics
i9zRxlX5nmV3c.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lady Gaga can try, but George Michael and Mariah still are the Christmas song queens.

No one will ever beat Last Christmas and All I want For Christmas.

True classics
i9zRxlX5nmV3c.gif

Both songs get a lot of play here in Japan but Last Christmas is the GOAT of Christmas songs here. Nothing gets more airtime in Japan during the holidays than that song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom