• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
I agree, the things I've said are far less characteristic of a schizophrenic:

iUWI3pTMkbh9Y.gif

You can't bring up things I said solely to get WP and rile people up.

Ch...

Try again.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
SCREAMING @ that Whitney post. Classic Arte.

Got up to Around the World. Will listen to the rest tomorrow, I'm too exhausted to carry on tonight. Made notes tho.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
TAYLOR SWIFT - I Knew You Were Trouble: 13.173 (+ 0.981)
ONE DIRECTION - Little Things: 11.167 (+ 1.164)
MAROON 5 - Daylight: 7.804 (+ 0.745)
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS - Scream And Shout: 5.406 (+ 0.358)

Is there some payola going on?

ibaMLSpoKQDwEY.gif

Delio

Looks like the good boy of One Direction Niall Horan has finally succumbed to the tattoo craze sweeping the band, as he recently revealed he has a tattoo on his bottom that says, “I Love SE”. The shock confession was made during an interview with Access Holllywood following the lad's performance on X Factor USA, with the blonde making the shock confession. “Yes I have one,” he said when asked about a tattoo: “It's on my butt and says I love SE”. (LOL IRL)

We wonder who 'SE' is and why Niall loves them so much he's prepared to get his first inking. But is the 'Live While Your Young' star joking? Earlier this year he talked about a bum tattoo but said he never got it done. He told The Sun: "Harry and Zayn are going at it with the tattoos.

They are covered now. Harry seems to have a different one every day. I was going to get a barcode on my wrist with my date of birth written across it. To be fair, I don't even know if I really wanted it."

"I decided to get Made In Ireland in green on my a**e cheek and I went to the place in L.A. where they do it. Me and the boys went in and they said they wouldn't do it.

"They said: 'The skin on your a**e is too squidgy. It needs to be tight.'"

"I suspect they actually did me a favour. It wasn't the best idea in the world."

Perhaps the 19 year-old finally caved to pressure from the rest of the band after they teased him on Twitter about refusing to get an inking.

He announced on the site that he was giving in to their taunts about the only 1D member without one: “Ok I’ll give into you! I’ll get it done! Jesus! Have you quite finished?”

Ripping this RIGHT from ONTD.

Course Niall is the BIGGEST Troll in the group so until I see EVIDENCE im keeping him tat free.

tumblr_me6ttxojgT1r8ma2oo1_500.gif

royalan

I seem to recall you dragging the 1991 EP though.

If I did I don't remember. I liked 1991 overall...:-/

Whenever I come for Azealia it's usually over her attitude. Hell, I still think she's gonna punch herself out of the game before she tastes real success because of it.

Please sis, you act as if science didn't already prove the exact opposite: only the Xtincta stans enjoy the putrid material within due to artist bias.

THE BLIND TEST

• An Xtincta stan commenting on a song's lyrics without knowing they are by Xtincta:

• An Xtincta stan commenting on the same lyrics after becoming aware they are by Xtincta:

The delusion can't be denied.

ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

Damn, this clocking is airtight in comparing the wording, but I came away with very different conclusions about the lyrics after listening to them with the pacing of the bridge. When you read the bridge like a long continuous monologue, it makes no goddamn sense. If you take each line as its own separate statement it sounds alive and dynamic. That has less to do with me loving Christina as it does the ability of a good singer to carry wonky lyrics and sell them well.

Take some of Gaga's lyrics:

I wish that I could dance on a single prayer
I wish I could be strong without somebody there
I wish that I could dance on a single prayer
I wish I could be strong without this Scheiße yeah

I won't tell you that I love you,
Kiss or hug you, coz I'm bluffin'
With ma muffin'
I ain't lyin'
I'm just stunnin' with my love glue gunnin'

Two snippets that sound absolutely putrid on paper, but the bitch sells it. They almost sound intelligent with her intonation and delivery, and that makes for a great singer.

Delivery and pace plays a much bigger role in determining lyrical quality that you'd think, sis.

Actually it's most of you all who are deluded. If anybody else released the Lotus album that wasn't named Christina then you all would be stanning for it right this second. Lotus is the most well-rounded pop album out of any of our faves' releases this year. This I'm very proud of because I stan for the bitch, but it's frustrating that everybody else goes into listening to Lotus with the forgone conclusion that they have to come back here and talk shit about it. It's fun and all, but it's a bit too transparent. I'll take a critique of Lotus seriously once I hear a real critique of it.
Godheart is better. Overflowing with jams:

Sugar
Favorite Scar
Come Alive
I To You
Fireflies
Shake You Up
Godheart

When we all revisit this year's releases for the inevitable POP-GAF 2012 Album Olympics, I'm sure Godheart's pure QUALITY will win out over the uneven, bland, or just plain VILE lessors that came after it and overshadowed this gem on the basis of their loudness and crassness alone.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Sugar
Favorite Scar
Come Alive
I To You
Fireflies
Shake You Up
Godheart

When we all revisit this year's releases for the inevitable POP-GAF 2012 Album Olympics, I'm sure Godheart's pure QUALITY will win out over the uneven, bland, or just plain VILE lessors that came after it and overshadowed this gem on the basis of their loudness and crassness alone.

I hope to see more of this type of promotion soon in order to remind us what came out this year

i3FPoQyP49JUd.gif

Sugar
Favorite Scar
Come Alive
I To You
Fireflies
Shake You Up
Godheart

That might be my second fave. =) Fireflies, Glassheart, Lovebird >>

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Sugar
Favorite Scar
Come Alive
I To You
Fireflies
Shake You Up
Godheart

No lies I had a song stuck in my head the other day ALL DAY and I couldn't remember what it was and then I remembered it was GLASSHEART and it slays.

royalan

Hmmm...these two Lana leaks are still Bops for me:

Gangsta Boy
(My gangsta boooooooooooyyyyyy WoooooOOOOoooooOOOOoidiuhgfih)

Marilyn Monroe
(I'll cook you breakfast. Coffee on your desk, yes. I might burn your toast but, baby, I'm still the bestessssst)

Remastered versions of either of them would have made for much-needed change of pace on Paradise.

iudPSkJoN5Ao2.gif

Koodo

Banned

Sugar
Favorite Scar
Come Alive
I To You
Fireflies
Shake You Up
Godheart

Glassheart was such a warm, happy surprise. An enjoyable ride from beginning to end.

JAtbf.gif

SaintZ

Marilyn Monroe
(I'll cook you breakfast. Coffee on your desk, yes. I might burn your toast but, baby, I'm still the bestessssst)

Remastered versions of either of them would have made for much-needed change of pace Paradise.
The beginning of American actually reminds me a little bit of Marilyn Monroe tbh. Also, I would have liked a remastered version of Serial Killer in Paradise :(

Aguila

#ICONIC
Hmmm...these two Lana leaks are still Bops for me:

Gangsta Boy
(My gangsta boooooooooooyyyyyy WoooooOOOOoooooOOOOoidiuhgfih)

Marilyn Monroe

Remastered versions of either of them would have made for much-needed change of pace Paradise.

iudPSkJoN5Ao2.gif

She's never going to use the songs on that mixtape ever again.
Driving In Cars With Boys was my fave ;______________;

I don't know how you could possibly have read my post where I stated that it's all about the MUSIC and then come to the conclusion that Rih is even on the same plane of EXISTENCE as MJ.
You said:
Also, trying to drag MJ for not being heavily creatively involved in his own albums but stanning Rihanna like it's going out of fashion.

Not only stanning for irrelevant reasons, but dragging for inconsistent ones. Take several seats please sis.
You would you think I was dragging/stanning inconsistently if you didn't consider MJ and Rihanna to be equals? If MJ is to be held to a higher standard than Rihanna, then I'm being consistent. If I drag MJ, it's because, IMO, he doesn't live up to the hype of one of the best to ever do it, against some of the best to ever do it (if you recall the convo was Prince vs MJ).

Rihanna on the other hand, again IMO, against her contemporaries (the Ke$ha's, Lana Del Rays's, Taylor Swifts and One Directions) slays by a pretty large margin, as evidenced by the unparalleled SEETHE and PRESSED present in this thread.

Just like Bey slays the Clarksons/Gagas/Aguileras in her lane. It just is what it is.

No seats for me thanks!

botty

Banned
You said:

You would you think I was dragging/stanning inconsistently if you didn't consider MJ and Rihanna to be equals? If MJ is to be held to a higher standard than Rihanna, then I'm being consistent. If I drag MJ, it's because, IMO, he doesn't live up to the hype of one of the best to ever do it, against some of the best to ever do it (if you recall the convo was Prince vs MJ).

Rihanna on the other hand, again IMO, against her contemporaries (the Ke$ha's, Lana Del Rays's, Taylor Swifts and One Directions) slays by a pretty large margin, as evidenced by the unparalleled SEETHE and PRESSED present in this thread.

Just like Bey slays the Clarksons/Gagas/Aguileras in her lane. It just is what it is.

No seats for me thanks!

Going by that logic, Xtina slays by a larger margin.

legendtinahpkcg.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You said:

No seats for me thanks!

I said you were being inconsistent because you dragged MJ for not producing his own stuff while giving Rihanna a free pass.

I called you crazy because based on the music you put Rih above MJ.

Clear now, sis?

Artemisia

Banned
omg I listening to Ceremonials rn

iUPyPvKtCiVVZ.gif

why did I ever stop

AOTY of 2011 and 2012.

Jessie who? What is a Grimes? Lana Del Don'tKnowHer.

BUT WOULD YOU LEAVE ME
IF I TOLD YOU WHAT I'VE DONE
AND WOULD YOU LEAVE ME
IF I TOLD YOU WHAT I'VE BECOME

'CAUSE IT'S SO EASY
TO SING IT TO A CROWD
BUT IT'S SO HARD, MY LOVE
TO SAY IT TO YOU ALOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEE

FjlUA.gif

FjlUA.gif

FjlUA.gif

FjlUA.gif