• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyon

Banned
Yes ban him for eating chik fil a.
i still eat there occasionally tho teehee

KDRWm.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
The one thing about high album sales from 1D and Taylor is that it can legit hurt their singles chart performance later......if all your fans own the album...why buy singles? Its a shame too.

If the song is catchy/good it will sell, I Knew You Were Trouble is at #11 on iTunes while Little Things is at #70

iD6DbIJqtgZnH.gif

If the song is catchy/good it will sell, I Knew You Were Trouble is at #11 on iTunes while Little Things is at #70

iD6DbIJqtgZnH.gif

Of course....but it the sales WOULD have been 500k more or so....could easily cost someone a #1. Taylor in particular I think will have a VERY hard time getting atop the hot 100 because of her sales.....its possible...just harder.

Not much you can do about it though lol.

PowderedToast

did anyone hear the new alphabeat that came out this summer?

Alphabeat-Express-Non-Stop-iTunes-300x300.jpg

less of a singles record than their last one, much more consistent even if it lacks the huge highlights. it's a shame i missed it cos it's total summer pop, really infectious

the boy gets cuter every record. i love the band's style

listen to vacation ! !

royalan

Then explain why all the singles from 4 flopped.

Some of the best songs released in that year (Countdown) flopped.
5b373a2e.gif

I'm sorry, but Countdown is a terrible song. Just a bipolar mess.

It was a wannabe Upgrade U. To this day I'm surprised so many people expected it to smash.

Artemisia

Banned
But did I lie?

YES

1) Countdown is one of the best songs in her discography. Everybody know dis. An eclectic pop masterpiece.

In fact, 4 contains most of her best songs compared to the rest of ha alberms.

2) Where on earth do you get off comparing Countdown to Upgrade U? They sound completely different.

DMeisterJ

Banned
According to HDD's predictions for this week

Alicia Keys (RCA) 150-160k
Rod Stewart "Merry Christmas Baby" (Verve) 130-140k
Taylor Swift (Big Machine) 120-130k
Phillip Phillips (19/Interscope) 80-85k
One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 75-80k
Rihanna (Def Jam/IDJ) 70-75k

and there she falls

ib1dq7qnjUdViE.gif

She got her #1 tho

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

botty

Banned
I'm sorry, but 4 is trash. Aside from I Miss U, it will always be a significantly weaker entry in Beyonce's catalog. Hopefully she returns to form in 2013 with some "B'day" level material.

Bladenic

PerchedT waiting to see if Unapologetic ends up selling more than TTT and Rated R. I highly doubt it stands any chance of topping Loud.

DMeisterJ

Banned
PerchedT waiting to see if Unapologetic ends up selling more than TTT and Rated R. I highly doubt it stands any chance of topping Loud.

Loud lacked any flaws and went on to sell 1.7 million, so idk. It will go platinum like the rest of her albums. Rih is so consistently selling albums and singles.

royalan

YES

1) Countdown is one of the best songs in her discography. Everybody know dis. An eclectic pop masterpiece.

In fact, 4 contains most of her best songs compared to the rest of ha alberms.

2) Where on earth do you get off comparing Countdown to Upgrade U? They sound completely different.

1) Pretty much all of Dangerously in Love says hi.

2) Eh, for me she has a similar cadence in both songs.

Bladenic

Loud lacked any flaws and went on to sell 1.7 million, so idk. It will go platinum like the rest of her albums. Rih is so consistently selling albums and singles.

Oh Platinum is a given. But given it's higher than usual first week and already smash single, I would think that expecting it to at least sell better than TTT and Rated R (both ~1 mil) isn't unreasonable. At least something like 1.2-1.4 mil. I suppose it depend upon the success of the follow up singles. TTT era singles were kind of a mess, so I'm sure her label hopes to replicate the Loud era single success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom