• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OH, YEW just reminded me.

Kylie covered the January issue of Elle UK.

kylie-minogue-elle-uk-2013-435x580.jpg

I think she looks weird in this shoot tbh. >_>

You can see more at Idolator

Iconic tbh.

Nemesis_

Kesha's 'Warrior' Headed for Top 10, Taylor Swift Set for No. 1 Return

After vacating the top slot on the Billboard 200 chart for three weeks, it looks like Taylor Swift's "Red" will return to the No. 1 slot. While the current tracking week isn't over yet, industry forecasters are suggesting that the Big Machine Records album will swoop back to No. 1 next week with perhaps 160,000 sold.

The new Billboard 200 chart's top 10 will be revealed on the morning of Wednesday, Dec. 12.

"Red" bowed at No. 1 six weeks ago with 1.2 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan, earning the largest sales week for an album since 2002. (Eminem's "The Eminem Show" was the last to rack up a larger frame, when it did 1.32 million in its first full week at No. 1 on the chart dated June 15, 2002.)

So far, "Red" has moved 2.2 million in the U.S., making it the year's second-biggest selling album. Adele's "21" leads the pack, with 4.2 million.

As for the rest of the top 10 next week, look for Wiz Khalifa's new "O.N.I.F.C." to bow with around 135,000 or so -- likely at No. 2. Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas, Baby" is also in the running for the No. 2 slot.

The tally's second-highest debut will come from Ke$ha's "Warrior," which is on course to start with about 80,000 to 90,000. That might place it somewhere just around the No. 5 position. The album's lead single "Die Young" is a smash hit and currently sits at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. Ke$ha's first album, "Animal," debuted at No. 1 in January 2010 with 152,000 while its follow-up, "Cannibal," launched at No. 15 later that year with 74,000.

On Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart (below), Khalifa is No. 1, Swift is No. 2 and Ke$ha is No. 3. The Building tally is a precursor to the final Billboard 200 ranking -- reflecting the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week as reported by six major merchants.

As for the rest of the Building chart's top 10: Stewart is No. 4, followed by One Direction's "Take Me Home." Alicia Keys' "Girl On Fire" is in the sixth slot and Blake Shelton's "Cheers, It's Christmas" is No. 7. Country duo Florida Georgia Line's new "Here's to the Good Times" is No. 8, Phillip Phillips' "The World From the Side of the Moon" is No. 9 and Rihanna's "Unapologetic" rounds out the top ten.

Nielsen SoundScan Building Chart

Rank LW
BB 200 Artist Title
1 NEW Wiz Khalifa "O.N.I.F.C."
2 2 Taylor Swift "Red"
3 NEW Ke$ha "Warrior"
4 3 Rod Stewart "Merry Christmas, Baby"
5 4 One Direction "Take Me Home"
6 1 Alicia Keys "Girl On Fire"
7 9 Blake Shelton "Cheers, It's Christmas"
8 NEW Florida Georgia Line "Here's to the Good Times"
9 5 Phillip Phillips "The World From the Side of the World"
10 6 Rihanna "Unapologetic"

The Building Chart reflects the first four days (Monday through Thursday) of SoundScan's tracking week (which ends Sunday) as reported by six major merchants: iTunes, Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Starbucks, Target and Anderson Merchandisers. Billboard estimates that they make up about 85% of all U.S. album sales.

We will see.

Also just got done listening to a Kelly interview where spends the last few minutes talking about NSMB 2 on the 3DS and how much she loves the game........ <3 From several interviews lately I have gathered that gaming (Wii/3DS) is essentially how she keeps entertained on tour.

When will your fav's?

Kyon

Banned
We will see.

Also just got done listening to a Kelly interview where spends the last few minutes talking about NSMB 2 on the 3DS and how much she loves the game........ <3 From several interviews lately I have gathered that gaming (Wii/3DS) is essentially how she keeps entertained on tour.

When will your fav's?

Filth

iTflFj6x9OmKv.gif

Nemesis_

If I knew how to make gifs it would have the DS game file copy and pasted into the 3DS one tbh

Haha. This is the correct answer.

I loved NSMB2 at first but then I played OTHERS and realised what a RUSH JOB it was.

Fitting Kelly would enjoy the interns efforts. :3

Majmun

We will see.

When will your fav's?

My fave does the same, and makes money at the same time
ibsjCllTC7j1af.gif

Mau ®

Why is it tho that Xtina was dragged to hell and back for opening around 80K first week yet Ke$ha, who is about to do the same but with the benefit of a smash single, doesnt?
6qjx4w.jpg

Kyon

Banned
Why is it tho that Xtina was dragged to hell and back for opening around 80K first week yet Ke$ha, who is about to do the same but with the benefit of a smash single, doesnt?
6qjx4w.jpg

Because she's unlikable? Self absorbed, thinks too highly of herself and thinks shes better than everyone obviously
6qjx4w.jpg

love it tho. Girl Powa

6qjx4w.jpg

...because Ke$ha has never had a smash album launch. Her debut may have gone #1 but it only sold like 150k. So this lower opening is not a shock.

Mau ®

...because Ke$ha has never had a smash album launch. Her debut may have gone #1 but it only sold like 150k. So this lower opening is not a shock.

If anything this opening is SHOCKING.

Warrior is coming out during the holiday season and she's not a new artist anymore. She's well known and has a successful single plus good promo.

Meanwhile Animal came out in January which is the worst month of the year to release an album yet went on to sell 150k first week. This opening is bad however you wanna look at it.

If anything this opening is SHOCKING.

Warrior is coming out during the holiday season and she's not a new artist anymore. She's well known and has a successful single plus good promo.

Meanwhile Animal came out in January which is the worst month of the year to release an album yet went on to sell 150k first week. This opening is bad however you wanna look at it.

Not defending it. Its a bad opening.

Just explaining why its not as big of a deal....Ke$ha has no hit album sales to compare this release to. It should have been higher.....but its not on the same tier as an icon flopping.

royalan

Sleazy is a Bop...that is all.

But I'm giving Warrior my "Most Overrated Album by POP GAF of the Year" award.

Listened to that shit the other day and couldn't believe you guys were stanning for it. Utter shit on a rusty platter.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Saturday morning #no1curr post. This remix isn't new and neither is the original version, it's never been on the charts, and the gerl is a total Pinterest-y Tumblr-y local. A French local, no less. But y'know, it's a ridiculously infectious, quirky little song and her accent only makes it better.

Soko - "I'll Kill Her" (Hannes Fischer remix)

Hannes has also been remixing many faves like Lana, Adele, Alicia, and Aaliyah on his soundcloud.

Majmun

Sleazy is a Bop...that is all.

Listened to that shit the other day and couldn't believe you guys were stanning for it. Utter shit on a rusty platter.

boRED deserves that title more, IMO

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow

First all the lovely Nomi stanning last night and now this. Roy, I do believe we've found common ground.

royalan

First all the lovely Nomi stanning last night and now this. Roy, I do believe we've found common ground.

Oh Cosmic, I can never stay mad at you <3<3<3<3
ESPECIALLY not after you posted those jockstrap pics in the gay thread. ;)

And yeah, I tried to make Nomi happen in this thread, but only Second paid attention. I know how you feel now...;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom