• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from the ARTPOP generation

I am an ART POPist
I assign art to things that are popular
I place new meaning
On that which already exist

iz4C8EGcyKmqK.gif

If you say so.......

iAvlanlzhQVdF.gif

Christopher

Pepcé

iEiV3P6jluOob.gif

idk...
it seems the lack of cohesiveness in Bionic is just a go-to critique to wholly trash the album and disregard the fact that she's made some of the best songs of her career.

Cyno I'm a Xtina fan. I think she's always been graet and has that sex appeal to her that you can't deny. However, Bionic was a mess...you have to admit. Look at the video for not myself tonight, that image put a bad taste on her album and her in general.

Yes Roy I will drag when I have no logical reason to come for my favs other than "they suck lol". The might suck but not as good as One Direction apparently to get all this support :\

royalan

Nick also said that they didn't have sex until their wedding night (which isn't as long as you think since they only dated for six weeks), but he's a happily satisfied man these days just looking at Mariah in bed. "It was Mariah Carey. If Mariah Carey gave a bad blow job, I'm still going in," he said. "Either way she's still one of the most beautiful women on the planet." Classy. (And should we take this to mean Mariah Carey is bad in that department?)

But while having sex to her music is pretty weird (and egotistical on her part), Nick upped the WTF ante by saying he masturbates to her song Hero when she's not around! If this is the requirement for living with Mariah, we'd rather live in a Scientology household.
Sauce
i1cdfCE4vef7g.gif

Well...that was disgusting. I will never be able to listen to Hero again.

Cyno I'm a Xtina fan. I think she's always been graet and has that sex appeal to her that you can't deny. However, Bionic was a mess...you have to admit. Look at the video for not myself tonight, that image put a bad taste on her album and her in general.

Yes Roy I will drag when I have no logical reason to come for my favs other than "they suck lol". The might suck but not as good as One Direction apparently to get all this support :\

In all seriousness.

My problem with The Wanted has always been that they were too much like the late 90's early 00's boybands. Love or hate 1D they are not at all like past boybands.......they just get dragged because their target audience is teen girls ....which is a demographic that 30 year old guys on a video game forum have a hard time identifying with. (if The Wanted were as successful as 1D they would get dragged just as much here as well)

...and to be honest I think The Wanted are less talented than 1D. Plus I don't like their music as much. So meh.

Mau ®

Rihanna will perform on The Voice US next week.

Xtina is actually a big Rihanna fan (she always mentions her among her favorite popular artists) so expect a photo of Rihtina.

I hope she performs Stay though
cry1.gif

Rihanna's promo game this era has been so flawless
cry1.gif

Mumei

I'm not sure what Beyonce did to earn this amount of seething from Roy, but it is entertaining. I almost want 5 to flop just for Roy's gloating.

Roy seethes over Bey because she is the vocalist he wishes his fave was - and could have been had she shown the same initiative in learning how to use her voice properly - wrapped in the package of a woman he thinks is a vapid airhead. He occasionally makes token attempts to drag her vocals - Hasn't hit an F5 live in years! (Untrue) Always does chromatic scales! (Perhaps; she's still better at them than anyone else) Sometimes shouts upper notes! (On occasion) - but still knows deep down that those in glass houses living on the street in a box don't have room to be criticizing the vocal house that Bey has built.

It truly is delicious, isn't it?

And roy, your Whitney shade earlier was duly noted

Trigger

Roy seethes over Bey because she is the vocalist he wishes his fave was - and could have been had she shown the same initiative in learning how to use her voice properly - wrapped in the package of a woman he thinks is a vapid airhead. He occasionally makes token attempts to drag her vocals - Hasn't hit an F5 live in years! (Untrue) Always does chromatic scales! (Perhaps; she's still better at them than anyone else) Sometimes shouts upper notes! (On occasion) - but still knows deep down that those in glass houses living on the street in a box don't have room to be criticizing the vocal house that Bey has built.

civf1.gif
civf1.gif
civf1.gif

Sauce

I'm SCREAMING. How random and nasty.

Mumei

This reminds me:

This was the apex of her popularity, so it's just hateable. "Hero" is total nonsense. I really just don't understand it. It's like "The Greatest Love of All" on mind-fuzzing painkillers. There's a hero in me, but I need to find it. And then a hero comes along? Well that's confusing. Too many heroes. Who do I pay attention to, the hero in myself or this external hero? Is this a kindred spirit, or is my inner hero manifesting itself as another being? Am I to have some sort of romance with this hero that comes along? I think this song's about masturbation. Wait a minute, I think I love it.

EH: As someone who attended high school danceline competitions for six straight years (shut up Sal, my sisters were on the team) and heard the song play out at the end of competitions and video yearbooks almost as often as Celine Dion's "The Power Of A Dream," I can assure you that no one thinks "Hero" is about anything other than self-promoting, instant nostalgia-stoking…oh, I guess it is about masturbation.​

Nick just read this and took it to heart, I think.

Cynosure

judging a whole album by a video
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif

Rihanna will perform on The Voice US next week.

Xtina is actually a big Rihanna fan (she always mentions her among her favorite popular artists) so expect a photo of Rihtina.

I think it's cute that now that you got over your attachment to Broken Spearit, it seems lately that you got over your hate for Xtina <3

ibfOXTnNgEDPoI.gif

royalan

1) If Christina had any mind to be the type of completely boring singer Beyonce is we'd have never gotten Stripped or Back to Basics. Bey as a vocalist is grossly overrated and her live performances only competent because the songs and their melodies are so simple-as-fuck that a child couldn't fuck them up. I appreciate that my fave reaches for the stars and has a diversified catalog as a result (certainly more diversified than Beyonce), even if that means a lot of her catalog is now beyond her means. As a Mariah stan you of all people should know what that's like.

The sad fact is that as much as Christina Aguilera's voice has deteriorated, Beyonce has only just now matured enough vocally to be capable of singing the types of demanding songs Christina was slaying at age 20. 20. And I still don't believe Beyonce to be capable of the sort of versatility Christina had mastery of back when she actually gave a shit ("Loving Me For Me" is still beyond anything Beyonce is capable of and I practically dare anyone to attempt to prove me wrong).

In short, if Christina was anything like Befraudce I wouldn't be a fan of her. I can't excuse my fave's vocals these days but make no mistake, Beyonce's simple ass will never know the heights Christina reached.

2) When did I shade Whitney?

Majmun

Good GAWWWWDDDD

Royalan doesn't deserve all this reading/dragging. He's already hyperventilaing over Pepcé.

Poor him
iPdyhJDhCmJLM.gif

Mau ®

I think it's cute that now that you got over your attachment to Broken Spearit, it seems lately that you got over your hate for Xtina <3

Mmmhm this is actually true. Good observation.

But if one of ya'll decide to go in on Rihanna (which Botty is inclined to do)... make no mistake, I will nawt hold back.

ibfOXTnNgEDPoI.gif

Cynosure

i just want to mention that in that popular celebrity gossip community, ONTD, 99% of Xtina's haters there are britney fans

there are like 15+ that are usually in every Xtina post hating.

78ml
andre
brenden
eightball
jesusbitches
luckylux
itsemm
mike
retromaury
tws/hardbeats
underworld

the weirder part is that almost all of them are Hispanic.

shNf8.gif

Bladenic

My brain hurts so much after trying to read this and attempting comprehension. I have failed.
YYMBC.png

i just want to mention that in that popular celebrity gossip community, ONTD, 99% of Xtina's haters there are britney fans

there are like 15+ that are usually in every Xtina posts hating.

78ml
andre
brenden
eightball
jesusbitches
luckylux
itsemm
mike
retromaury
tws/hardbeats
underworld

i2tEqNxgPbPOw.gif

Mau ®

Well Britney has a large hispanic following.

Not large enough to even come close to selling out the stadiums on the Femme Fatale tour tho.

shNf8.gif

My brain hurts so much after trying to read this and attempting comprehension. I have failed.
YYMBC.png

All I took from it is "maybe my fav's suck....but yours suck too".

I try not to drag though. I also have a tendency to type out inane confusing stuff sometimes when I am not thinking.......so.... lol

royalan

there are like 15+ that are usually in every Xtina post hating.

78ml
andre
brenden
eightball
jesusbitches
luckylux
itsemm
mike
retromaury
tws/hardbeats
underworld

shNf8.gif

I've noticed that actually. It's funny clicking into a Christina post and seeing a tidal wave of Britney avatars in the comments section.

Trigger

lol, why do those guys insist on calling her Kearns tho? Is she not latina enough for them to acknowledge her hispanic heritage? Mess. There are many things to drag Xtina for, but I don't see the appeal in that.

One Direction sucks - l'm typing on an iphone and trying to drag while serving NYC. Lets not get it twisted, I"m trying my best to drag hard.

You need to stop multi-tasking sis. Save the dragging for when you're at home.

Mau ®

rodney-jerkins-britney-spears-darkchild.jpg

Work on Britney's 8th studio album begins and the first collaborators are coming forth

Oops…I Did It Again’. ‘Toxic‘. ‘Me Against The Music‘. ‘Hold It Against Me‘.

The above, mark only four of the hits responsible for making Britney Spears the most iconic Pop Princess to arrive in the last twenty years. Only right then, that as she prepares to the release of her eigth studio album, that she calls one of the industry’s rising stars to help craft the release.

A Grammy nominated star, by the name of Elijah Blake.

Speaking exclusively to That Grape Juice.Net this week, Blake revealed that he and the ‘X Factor USA’ judge had begun working on cuts for the release, explaining:

“I think her fans will be surprised by it. I would say its definitely the ‘unexpected’ Britney in so many ways, in that she’s playing with new textures and stomping on new grounds and genres”.

The mastermind behind Usher‘s Hot 100 winner ‘Climax’ and Rihanna’s reggae flavored ‘No Love Allowed’, the singer’s comments on the album came days before the release of his Roc Nation backed EP, ‘Bijoux 22&#8242;, and weeks after he reportedly joined the star and ‘Telephone‘ producer Darkchild for LA studio sessions.

royalan

Work on Britney's 8th studio album begins and the first collaborators are coming forth

Hmmm, this will be interesting. There's always initial interest in Britney's producer mixtapes.

Elijah Blake, well I definitely wouldn't have pegged him to work with Brit. This will either be really good or really bad.

Koodo

Banned

What a RELIEVING news.
ibgGsvQNtl58gr.gif

I was almost expecting her to recycle Dr Luke, or worse yet, work with shit.i.am. How could I ever doubt the Holy Spearit?

I guess it's still early enough to fuck it up.

Majmun

I'm here for Blackout 2.0
But I'm afraid she won't be using Danja anymore.

That's when I started to like Britney. Circus was meh. But Femme Fatale was pretty good.
But she hasn't topped Blackout so far.

And I don't mind a few Will.I.Am collabs, tbh. They're a good match together. Big Fat Bass and Scream&Shout are certified bops

royalan

I'm here for Blackout 2.0
But I'm afraid she won't be using Danja anymore.

That's when I started to like Britney. Circus was meh. But Femme Fatale was pretty good.
But she hasn't topped Blackout so far.

And I don't mind a few Will.I.Am collabs, tbh. They're a good match together.

Ew

Koodo

Banned
I'm convinced Second is plotting Britney's demise with the insistence on shit.i.am. Subtle but lethal shade.

Although I suppose she would still be topping charts with him, as evidenced.

royalan

Yeah, I always get a lot of hate for that opinion. But they have produced pretty great songs together.

I don't like Will.I.Am, but he can handle Brit pretty well.

I'm sure she's going to use him in her next album, and I'm here for it
iNnwUvhSGhlHx.gif

Eh, I dunno. Hopefully she sticks to lesser-knowns this time around. Her voice no longer works for the clubby stuff for me, and Will.I.Am. is obnoxious. Elijah might be a good fit.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sauce
i1cdfCE4vef7g.gif

Average behaviour from a Mariah Stan tbh

[edit]Just caught up on the last couple of pages.

Mummei SNATCHING Roy's wig? PRICELESS.

Drunk (?) Christopher snatching all of the 1D stans' wigs? DOUBLE PRICELESS x INFINITY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom