• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what happened. He was easily the MOST charismatic/interesting/adorable one when they first got on X Factor. Been a slow but steady decline.
Is it because he doesn't drink?

It must be because he doesn't drink.

ihd26PGjBMiVi.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
This is true.

He was also always mature for his age which I think made him kinda a badass as a 16 year old on X Factor. Now he just comes off as the stuffy "dad" of the group :(

The avi is making your post sound like that as well, I already miss the Harry era

ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif

Edit: oops I see Nem-SIS disagrees

Nemesis_

Marius still trumps you all for the 1D avatars tbh.

Trigger's is just annoying and Wafflecakes made him look like a bitchy queen. I like the new one.

Zayn > All if I had to comment tho tbh

Remember when I used to think Delio looked like Niall before I saw photos of him qabfuibfiuabfuie kiiiiiii

The avi is making your post sound like that as well, I already miss the Harry era

ibd2yIU6u8fjBb.gif

Edit: oops I see Nem-SIS disagrees

lol

Find me a better Harry pic and I will go back :)

I have a few lying around I suppose I could use (of varying quality):

ztw3y.jpg
RaLAL.jpg
oOu3x.jpg
agOPH.jpg
5b5jn.jpg

Marius still trumps you all for the 1D avatars tbh.

Trigger's is just annoying and Wafflecakes made him look like a bitchy queen. I like the new one.

Zayn > All if I had to comment tho tbh

Remember when I used to think Delio looked like Niall before I saw photos of him qabfuibfiuabfuie kiiiiiii

What is the slandering of Trigger's holy avatar?

ir4aI.gif

Nemesis_

Your flawless queen avatar *.*

A98uscxCEAI7uwB.jpg

So beautiful *.*

but giving me Kirstie Alley teas fiuwsbedfeswef

(NSFW?) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A98vB3lCIAApDbl.jpg

back in my day pop boy bands didn't look like kidz bop

backstreet%2520boys-2.jpg

I was thinking about this the other night. I was studying and the music channel did a special on the 90s. Just how fucking basic are the boy bands of today? It's so embarrassing how little they do compared to what used to happen.

Nemesis_

Maybe if she ever decides to release it

I havent been slayed by the queen in such a long time
I dont know how longer I can hold on

iGkVIPaoSPdD.gif

lcwSx.gif

Keep listening to your children's records, we have no room for someone like you if you're going to be so TRANSIENT

xTFKg.gif

Lana has really grown into her lips. She doesn't look awkward or anything.

TBH, I think she's just scaled back on the "work" now. They look less ridiculous. Remember the Video Games video?

Mumei

1) If Christina had any mind to be the type of completely boring singer Beyonce is we'd have never gotten Stripped or Back to Basics. Bey as a vocalist is grossly overrated and her live performances only competent because the songs and their melodies are so simple-as-fuck that a child couldn't fuck them up. I appreciate that my fave reaches for the stars and has a diversified catalog as a result (certainly more diversified than Beyonce), even if that means a lot of her catalog is now beyond her means. As a Mariah stan you of all people should know what that's like.

Grossly overrated? She's easily the most talented melismatic singer of her generation. And yes, as a Mariah stan, I'm well-aware how Mariah's melisma is stitched into the structure of the song in a way that Beyonce's are not and that Mariah is more musical with her implementation. But technically I don't have anything to criticize Beyonce's melisma which is more difficult than anything Christina has ever managed to do well. And no, Christina's random splattering of notes and "notes" are not indicative of her having more potential. There is nothing impressive about that nonsense. And Beyonce's dynamics in chest voice are as impressive as anyone I have heard. And since I know you watched it now, I cannot believe you were not impressed with what you heard in BZBlaner's video. It was not as impressive as the virtuosic display of dynamics in head voice as Whitney showed, but it was the most impressive display I have heard from a female pop singer in chest voice.

"Boring" is a matter of personal taste; she has more than enough variety to satisfy my taste for what I'd like to hear from her. But you also know good and well that there's a lot more to the difficulty of a song than the complexity of the melody. When was the last time Christina managed a song with a high tessitura well? Never? When was the last time she managed to show support and proper placement in a song that had wide intervals? Negotiated difficult key changes well? Showed flexibility and agility in switching back and forth between head voice and chest voice? I suppose she would need to actually learn how to use head voice, wouldn't she? Let's go for something easier: Stayed on pitch for an entire performance? Oh, I suppose that is a bit far.

And why do you care if she has always reached for the stars when she has never shown any evidence live that we should take her studio vocals as an accurate representation of her ability as a singer? Does Christina have a song as difficult as Countdown? Or Love On Top? Please.

The sad fact is that as much as Christina Aguilera's voice has deteriorated, Beyonce has only just now matured enough vocally to be capable of singing the types of demanding songs Christina was slaying at age 20. 20. And I still don't believe Beyonce to be capable of the sort of versatility Christina had mastery of back when she actually gave a shit ("Loving Me For Me" is still beyond anything Beyonce is capable of and I practically dare anyone to attempt to prove me wrong).

This is delusional! Beyonce as a technically accomplished vocalist - from her debut solo album - is capable of everything that Christina has put out in her studio work. If you put her in front of a studio mic and told her to sing Christina's songs, she could do it. Could Christina do the same for Beyonce's more difficult material?

You may have an argument that artistically or musically these are beyond Beyonce's reach, but I don't really have an interest in that argument. What I do know is that you don't have an argument against Beyonce being a far more technically accomplished singer than Christina. And precisely what about Loving Me 4 Me are you claiming she couldn't do? What about that song is beyond her proficiency?

2) When did I shade Whitney?

Let me refresh your memory:

#TeamMimi

Sorry Whitney. Love you, but only Mariah could give me cheesy ballads AND club bangers on the same album.

Excuse you? Whitney has the stuff that you want. She's got the thing that you need. Whitney's got more than enough to make you drop to your knees.

You need to reacquaint yourself with Whitney's discography and versatility if you're saying nonsense like that. Acting like Whitney has less versatility than Mariah. The nerve.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Your flawless queen avatar *.*

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A98uscxCEAI7uwB.jpg[IMG]

So beautiful *.*

[spoiler]but giving me Kirstie Alley teas fiuwsbedfeswef[/spoiler]

(NSFW?) [url]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A98vB3lCIAApDbl.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

I know! ;_:

Here are more shots of ha

[QUOTE][IMG]http://lanadelreyonline.com/gallery/albums/maria/Sofia%20Sanchez%20Mauro%20Mongiello/06.jpg
07.jpg

outtAKE.jpg

iqQhCuSBJQCZB.gif
iqQhCuSBJQCZB.gif
iqQhCuSBJQCZB.gif

Nemesis_

The thing I love most about Lana is that she looks like she'd be the biggest cunt bitch in the world but she's JUST the opposite *.*

smile.gif

Grossly overrated? She's easily the most talented melismatic singer of her generation. And yes, as a Mariah stan, I'm well-aware how Mariah's melisma is stitched into the structure of the song in a way that Beyonce's are not and that Mariah is more musical with her implementation. But technically I don't have anything to criticize Beyonce's melisma which is more difficult than anything Christina has ever managed to do well. And no, Christina's random splattering of notes and "notes" are not indicative of her having more potential. There is nothing impressive about that nonsense. And Beyonce's dynamics in chest voice are as impressive as anyone I have heard. And since I know you watched it now, I cannot believe you were not impressed with what you heard in BZBlaner's video. It was not as impressive as the virtuosic display of dynamics in head voice as Whitney showed, but it was the most impressive display I have heard from a female pop singer in chest voice.

"Boring" is a matter of personal taste; she has more than enough variety to satisfy my taste for what I'd like to hear from her. But you also know good and well that there's a lot more to the difficulty of a song than the complexity of the melody. When was the last time Christina managed a song with a high tessitura well? Never? When was the last time she managed to show support and proper placement in a song that had wide intervals? Negotiated difficult key changes well? Showed flexibility and agility in switching back and forth between head voice and chest voice? I suppose she would need to actually learn how to use head voice, wouldn't she? Let's go for something easier: Stayed on pitch for an entire performance? Oh, I suppose that is a bit far.

And why do you care if she has always reached for the stars when she has never shown any evidence live that we should take her studio vocals as an accurate representation of her ability as a singer? Does Christina have a song as difficult as Countdown? Or Love On Top? Please.

This is delusional! Beyonce as a technically accomplished vocalist - from her debut solo album - is capable of everything that Christina has put out in her studio work. If you put her in front of a studio mic and told her to sing Christina's songs, she could do it. Could Christina do the same for Beyonce's more difficult material?

You may have an argument that artistically or musically these are beyond Beyonce's reach, but I don't really have an interest in that argument. What I do know is that you don't have an argument against Beyonce being a far more technically accomplished singer than Christina. And precisely what about Loving Me 4 Me are you claiming she couldn't do? What about that song is beyond her proficiency?

I agree with all of this. I can't think of a single Christina Aguilera song that Beyonce can't top on a technical level. She can do it. It might not resonate tonally as much as Christina's rich intonations (on a good day) but that's beside the point. The point is that Beyonce is a more technically gifted singer than Christina, and Christina has successfully (and often unsuccessfully) hidden her huge technical pitfalls with flamboyant vocal flips and twists and flat-out screams that sound more impressive than they actually are.

Let me refresh your memory:

Excuse you? Whitney has the stuff that you want. She's got the thing that you need. Whitney's got more than enough to make you drop to your knees.

You need to reacquaint yourself with Whitney's discography and versatility if you're saying nonsense like that. Acting like Whitney has less versatility than Mariah. The nerve.

ibaOfvbH6XRa8N.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom