• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is outselling Xbox Series Consoles at a rate of about 4 to 1 the last 15 months

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Only shocking to people not paying attention
ZYTy3rV.png

HKNC5EX.png

Oh I've been paying attention myself also! Maybe I didn't make what I specifically meant more clear;

For me the shocking aspect is there's been virtually no attempt at damage control in the PR; They have literally just let the brand burn to the ground.
Where's Phil? Seriously, he's been spinning yarns for nigh on a decade and now he's... where?

For real, I've never rated him on his leadership skills, but as a front-guy he was always rock solid.

Unknown?

First im hearing that the lack of 4k tv's hurt the Pros sales.
In 2016 4K TVs were still not in most houses. A decent sized 4K was still thousands of dollars and a budget, tiny 43 inch was $650 on sale.

Sure it could sub sample, but I doubt those without a 4K TV were buying a pro for sub sampling.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
In 2016 4K TVs were still not in most houses. A decent sized 4K was still thousands of dollars and a budget, tiny 43 inch was $650 on sale.
ri
Sure it could sub sample, but I doubt those without a 4K TV were buying a pro for sub sampling.
Not sure if serious. 4k TV's where everwhere in the UK and could be bought in the same price ranges like today

Not saying everyone had one but i certainly did and you didn't need to break the bank to get one

Last edited:

Crayon

Oh I've been paying attention myself also! Maybe I didn't make what I specifically meant more clear;

For me the shocking aspect is there's been virtually no attempt at damage control in the PR; They have literally just let the brand burn to the ground.
Where's Phil? Seriously, he's been spinning yarns for nigh on a decade and now he's... where?

For real, I've never rated him on his leadership skills, but as a front-guy he was always rock solid.

There's been a push for a narrative that all consoles are going down in flames but it hasn't got a ton of traction with actual people.

Unknown?

Not sure if serious. 4k TV's where everwhere in the UK and could be bought in the same price ranges like today

Not saying everyone had one but i certainly did and you didn't need to break the bank to get one
They were starting to become more mainstream but still not a majority in homes and those you listed are still expensive. These days you can get a 75 inch 4k for under 1k or a 55 inch for like $250.

clarky

Gold Member
They were starting to become more mainstream but still not a majority in homes and those you listed are still expensive. These days you can get a 75 inch 4k for under 1k or a 55 inch for like $250.
If you traded in your PS4 for the pro you could probably still get a 4k tv as well for around the price of just the 5 pro and drive.

Im not having that the TV was a barrier of entry for the Pros target audience (us nerds).

Unknown?

If you traded in your PS4 for the pro you could probably still get a 4k tv as well for around the price of just the 5 pro and drive.

Im not having that the TV was a barrier of entry for the Pros target audience (us nerds).
No I agree with that last statement, nor am I arguing that the 5 Pro has mainstream appeal. The 4 Pro I do think had a bigger barrier for normies, more so than the 5 pro but not by much.

clarky

Gold Member
No I agree with that last statement, nor am I arguing that the 5 Pro has mainstream appeal. The 4 Pro I do think had a bigger barrier for normies, more so than the 5 pro but not by much.
Not sure what we are talking about then because the other poster was saying that the lack of 4k sets around at the time hindered PS4 pros sales and i disagreed. You could pick one up relatively cheap if needed.

I think i was on a LCD LG at the time, it was horrible lol.

Both Pros are aimed at us. A little thing like a TV isn't getting in the way.

Radical_3d

Both Pros are aimed at us. A little thing like a TV isn't getting in the way.
Breaking Bad Train GIF

Edit: the funny thing is that I’ve spend a stupid amount of money to update my 4K with stuff like VRR and 120Hz support for 40fps modes… and those are the things that precisely won’t be needing with the Pro lmao! I’m an idiot…

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Breaking Bad Train GIF

Edit: the funny thing is that I’ve spend a stupid amount of money to update my 4K with stuff like VRR and 120Hz support for 40fps modes… and those are the things that precisely won’t be needing with the Pro lmao! I’m an idiot…
You might still need those features at some point. My LG has as that jazz + gsync and its awesome.

Woopah

The Series S should get a serious boost from GTA 6. It will provide the most cost effective option for playing the game to a new console buyer and the form factor will likely have mass market appeal too.
What do you mean by the form factor?

m14

Yet they’ve barely sold any this year have they.
That's true although console sales are down generally. It's just potentially the Series S price point could make it an interesting proposition to people who want to play GTA 6. And it can also offer all the other multiplats that the mass market cares about.

Humdinger

Not to get political, but I think he took a lesson from Joe Biden: sometimes, the best thing you can do is hide in your basement.

m14

Do you expect GTA fans to care more about shape and weight than other gamers? How many of them will be carrying around their console?
This will be the biggest game of the decade which will attract a lot of casual players. It's smaller size just another advantage that console has. Compared to the other current generation consoles it doesn't look particularly conspicuous in a living room.

m14

Then why nobody is buying Series S since shortages ended??

And why then should people buy that weak console in late 2025??

It's dead, let it go
Because the biggest game of the decade will be released next year, not this year. Casual gamers have no incentive to buy them right now, but in 2025 they certainly will.

That you want it to be dead doesn't mean that it is. 30 million people have already invested in these consoles.

That's true although console sales are down generally. It's just potentially the Series S price point could make it an interesting proposition to people who want to play GTA 6. And it can also offer all the other multiplats that the mass market cares about.

#sonytoo again from you

PlayStation sales are down slightly so far

Xbox sales have fallen off a bloody cliff!

It. Is. Over.

Last edited:

m14

#sonytoo again from you

PlayStation sales are down slightly so far

Xbox sales have fallen off a bloody cliff!
GTA6 is due to release on the Series S and it will be the least expensive way for someone to play the game. We will see in time how consumers react to that option.

GTA6 is due to release on the Series S and it will be the least expensive way for someone to play the game. We will see in time how consumers react to that option.

We have ALREADY seen how they’ve reacted. The mass market has abandoned Xbox consoles, look at the sales, it’s dead.

Top Bottom