• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is outselling Xbox Series Consoles at a rate of about 4 to 1 the last 15 months

solidus12

Live footage of
@adamsapple
@Little Chicken
titanic-band.gif
Got more live footage
IYKll8N.jpeg

Kj35dvQ.jpeg
OnUydPa.png

What I really, REALLY don’t understand is: how Xbox allowed 343 to make another Halo after 4 and Guardians? In the end they nailed the gameplay but the open world is abysmal and lacks the epic of a classic campaign. All because classic campaigns are a thing of the past and Ubi games are the future. Meanwhile Outlaws is not going to break even and Space “dat 360 game” Marine 2 is selling like cupcakes. This whole industry management is an idiocracy.

I mean I bought another 360 after RROD just to continue playing Halo 3.

I dropped Halo 4 after like a week

Seriously Microsoft…

Last edited:
Strange thing to say in 2024.

Most of the GOTYs this year are Playstation exclusive or Console Exclusive.

Astro Bot - PS5 exclusive
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - PS5 exclusive
Helldivers 2 - Console Exclusive
Wu Kong - Console Exclusive

But hey....
K-Pop GIF
Feels like ever since MS really started having trouble that people go out of their way to try and say Sony to for everything.

BlackTron

What I really, REALLY don’t understand is: how Xbox allowed 343 to make another Halo after 4 and Guardians? In the end they nailed the gameplay but the open world is abysmal and lacks the epic of a classic campaign. All because classic campaigns are a thing of the past and Ubi games are the future. Meanwhile Outlaws is not going to break even and Space “dat 360 game” Marine 2 is selling like cupcakes. This whole industry management is an idiocracy.

You forgot the part where they still made another Halo after ruining the last kernel of hope for the launch of the already ruined Xbox One by botching MCC, a PORT that fans were still eager to play. After the dreadful reveal, MS took their most ardent fans and fucked them thoroughly on Day One.

But oh didn't get on their ass to fully finish MCC until it was time to promote and hype the next one, years later.

The above story alone, in a vacuum of all the other dumb shit they have done, is enough to bury them as a console maker by itself.

Radical_3d

You forgot the part where they still made another Halo after ruining the last kernel of hope for the launch of the already ruined Xbox One by botching MCC, a PORT that fans were still eager to play. After the dreadful reveal, MS took their most ardent fans and fucked them thoroughly on Day One.

But oh didn't get on their ass to fully finish MCC until it was time to promote and hype the next one, years later.

The above story alone, in a vacuum of all the other dumb shit they have done, is enough to bury them as a console maker by itself.
I have that game in glorious disc format 🙃

Out of everything MS has done the 343/Halo situation is one that has never made sense to me. The really should hand that series over to ID software and just give them creativity to do pretty much whatever they want with it.

Radical_3d

Out of everything MS has done the 343/Halo situation is one that has never made sense to me. The really should hand that series over to ID software and just give them creativity to do pretty much whatever they want with it.
Or maybe, maybe, when Bungie approached them to say “we want to make basically Halo always online with a rebranding” the shouldn’t have toss them out of the office? The play of the millennium.

BlackTron

Might also be the one that killed the division the most. I don't think MS really appreciated how critical it was. They were more concerned with internal affairs than externally satisfying their customers. There's arrogant Sony and Nintendo sure, but the very nanosecond MS tastes a little victory they completely stop giving a shit. I was shocked MCC was broken, but I was even more insulted they fixed it when trying to hype Infinite. That just told me, they could have fixed it any time...but it wasn't worth giving a fuck to bother until they wanted the IP to have a good reputation for the next one, not to just, you know...complete the iconic launch game that people bought with a helmet and defines the brand.

They can't even make decisions about Halo and now they have all these studios/IPs. Worst possible outcome.

Rosoboy19

But hey....
K-Pop GIF

Compared to Xbox Series, that list is great. Compared to PS4 at four years in, not so much. Listing games that have PC ports are NOT compelling reasons to buy a PS5 in 2024, IMO.

But hey…you tried.

buenoblue

Like I've said in many threads before, I've bought every Xbox on release until the series s/x. And enjoyed them and bought hundreds of games on the platform.

But as soon as Xbox games went PC day one I see no reason to buy an Xbox 🤷‍♂️

They shot themselves in the foot. I had game pass for like 2 years but only paid about £10 😂 on PC. Have since subbed for 2 months to play new releases since.

I was a loyal day one customer who bought pretty much every Xbox exclusive day one and buying probably 7 or 8 Xbox consoles over the years.

Now they have received and grand total of £24.98 from me in in the last 4 years 😂😭

AND IVE STILL PLAYED ALL THE XBOX EXCLUSIVES AND AT BETTER QUALITY!!!!!!

😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭😂😭😮😭😮

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
It seems like people here think that making console is like buying morning coffee, they don't realize its a huge investment in R&D (billions) with tangled supply chain and massive negotiations that take years!

MS Gaming is more than $70 BILLION in the RED. They need to recoup this investment asap! not make the hole even bigger!
Thats not how it works though, a publishers value doesn't deprecate to $0 when purchased. To use your own analogy, it isnt as if they went out and spent 70 billion on coffee, they acquired an asset that has intrinsic value. While every business would love to claw back their initial investment costs quickly, it's shouldn't be misrepresented as something that they have to do "asap!"

Halo 4 was my second favorite Halo game. I loved the more character driven approach to the story. In saying that, I didn't like the enemies of 4 and 5 as much as the covenant and Infinite needed more variety in its world.

Last edited:

sendit

But hey....
lol wasnt Wu Kong in a Xbox Showcase?

I guess to play the better games on 360 with improved resolutions/frame rates. I've been wanting one to play Oblivion in 4K.

What's really sad is that Microsoft couldn't even get the Series X backwards compatability right this gen! There are a whole bunch of Xbox One exclusives that NEVER EVEN GOT A PATCH- Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break, Gears 1 Ultimate, Forza Horizon 3 none of these were patched for 60 fps and a few of these games are stuck at 720p/30!

Then with the FPS boost update, most of the games that got one had to be reduced to Series S settings which is just disappointing. There are also still a bunch of great 360 games that are either missing 60 fps or 4k resolution for example Gears 2+3 are 4k bit only 30 fps and a game like Max Payne 3 and GTA4 got 60 fps but are still 720p like come on MS you couldn't give a few of the best BC 360 games a 4k patch?

Then MS shut down their BC program before acquiring Bethesda and Activision which would've given them a bunch more BC exxlusives that look and run great on a 4k tv like- all of the Call of Duties that are still 720p or Dishonored 2 that people would love to be 60 fps or Fallout New Vegas etc

MS got so focused on GP and shit that they overlooked some easy wins that would've earned them back so much good will from gamers ...this company deserves this disaster this gen! They had a great console that was poised to be an amazing BC machine. They had the tech to do it. They had Halo Infinite for launch and they didn't follow through on all their promises back in 2020...it's been so frustrating and disappointing to have been a SX owner they couldve easily gone toe to toe with Sony this gen!

Kvally

They can. Why did he have to come in and say "enjoy your piece of expensive plastic because my less expensive/capable piece of plastic does what I like".

It's an endless, silly battle and it doesn't matter who starts what. It's equally bad on both sides.
I agree with you but it happens on both sides. Not sure why some can’t just let people enjoy what they want. I love my PS and Xbox.

Radical_3d

Halo 4 was my second favorite Halo game. I loved the more character driven approach to the story. In saying that, I didn't like the enemies of 4 and 5 as much as the covenant and Infinite needed more variety in its world.
It’s not even my fourth favourite Halo. Gunplay was atrocious. And narratively:
Bold of them to kill Cortana. Just to bring her back again at the beginning of Guardians. Bold of them to present a new antagonist. Just to forget about him immediately in Guardians and make Cortana the new antagonist. It’s like, there is nobody in charge! All the narrative weight that the loss of Cortana had for John now means nothing. Halo 4 means nothing and neither most of their scenes too. Bungie were never master narrators but, c’mon!

Last edited:

SHA

I wouldn’t say they’re bad. They’re just unnecessary if you have a PC. I’d probably choose Xbox if I didn’t have a PC. The backwards compatibility is better and the quick resume is pretty great.
How's the Xbox One selling at 60m is equally bad? I can understand other industries being in the 2nd or 3rd place but the gaming industry are just doing fine, it's just the studios who don't sell don't get a second chance.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
But why aren’t others being jumped on?
Because it's pointless to jump on any one user when it isn't just a single person. It's just what competing sides do. Which was my point. You singled out someone while trying to make a general statement. That's the issue.

If your point is that no one should do it, then there's no stipulation. That's the bottom line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom