• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 is outselling Xbox Series Consoles at a rate of about 4 to 1 the last 15 months

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Crazy how bad this gen of Xbox is performing. Every game has landed like a ubisoft/ea special and the industry has had enough.

What can they really do to turn it around?

I'm feeling positive that Sony is going to end this year with some actual heavy duty banger announcements for their 30th anniversary. This is the time. Sony has games in development that make complete sense to announce on the 30th anniversary. They aren't going to wait till next year.

Ms got nothing. Unless they can get indy out the door then give solid dates for fable etc. Plus, no one knows what they are doing (including ms) on their port process for ps5 so why buy an Xbox?

Hardware isn't dropping in price but I feel their only option is to slice the hardware price considerably. Series s needs to be like 200 dollars. Series X down to 350 to 400 24/7. Release a new controller with haptic etc. A great elite series v3 and start ramping up for the next Xbox.

They won't do that but that's all I can see working in their current situation. You need to make the series s an absolute no trainer for the likes of cod/fortnite etc players.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Explaining my post that you pulled from another thread to make fun, Crisis Core sold around 6% of total sales on Xbox. Since the main games are more relevant, I made a prediction that they would sell at most around 10% of the total number of sales if they were ported to Xbox... which would be around 500k for each game... at best.

Where exactly do you disagree with this comment? Or are you just a Sony fanboy who got upset because I said this is one of the worst generations of PlayStation home consoles?

Crisis core ain't the game to test this with.

Ffvii and mainline final fantasies would sell atleast 2 to 3 mill lifetime on xbox. That's extra more or less free money with a small port team and direct x ports.

playbignbox

Neo Member
You listed a multitude of excellent games on PS5 then concluded that there is no difference of quality between them? Because of .... feelings again!

What makes a console better is GAMES not feelings!
I said in the first line that Sony's first-party games are better...

But as a consumer of both consoles, I personally don't see much of a difference in practice, because good games are also released on Xbox and especially on Gamepass, which makes me spend more time on Xbox.

I'm just commenting on the way I consume games and I made that clear in the comment. Just like an excellent third-party exclusive came out this year for PlayStation (FF7 Rebirth), I'm also very excited for Stalker 2. Just like I'm excited to play Astro Bot, I'm also excited to play Indiana Jones, because I love the movies and liked the trailer.

I play on both consoles and enjoy both, both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Radical_3d

Crazy how bad this gen of Xbox is performing. Every game has landed like a ubisoft/ea special and the industry has had enough.

I'm feeling positive that Sony is going to end this year with some actual heavy duty banger announcements for their 30th anniversary. This is the time. Sony has games in development that make complete sense to announce on the 30th anniversary. They aren't going to wait till next year.

Ms got nothing. Unless they can get indy out the door then give solid dates for fable etc. Plus, no one knows what they are doing (including ms) on their port process for ps5 so why buy an Xbox?

Hardware isn't dropping in price but I feel their only option is to slice the hardware price considerably. Series s needs to be like 200 dollars. Series X down to 350 to 400 24/7. Release a new controller with haptic etc. A great elite series v3 and start ramping up for the next Xbox.

They won't do that but that's all I can see working in their current situation. You need to make the series s an absolute no trainer for the likes of cod/fortnite etc players.
I don’t think price is the solution. Games are the solution. Christ, they’ve invested 80 billion on exclusives, show some muscle! I get that they have contractual obligations with call of duty and Indy, but what about ditching the PS5 Doom port? That’d be something. Something 5 years too late into the generation but something none the less. I think it’s a little too late for Series and it’s a shame but honestly if they don’t throw the towel and keep up until the next generation they can have a banger of a new generation full of exclusives to wrap the exciting new hardware that they release. Instead that idiot Phil is saying that the consoles aren’t working for them. Well no shit, consoles don’t work without games! Even “has no games” PS5 has had some solid exclusive bangers.

yazenov

I think all consoles will be quite successful.

PS5 - 115m
XSX|XSS - 90m
Switch - 135m

Xbox going from ~50mil lifetime sales with Xbox One to nearly twice that with Series consoles would be a real success story, as is of course Nintendo going from dead in the water with the Wii U to the absolute juggernaut that is the Switch.

I'm surprised to see so many here believing the PS5 is going to surpass the PS4 in sales. I don't think that's going to happen.

I don't think any of what you're saying is true/quantifiable.

Do all analysts project that the Series consoles will sell a measly 60mil units like you shared in your prediction?

PS5 120 Mill
Xbox series 85 Mill
Switch 150 Mill

It shows a lack of reality when they start estimating it at less than the Xbox One.

Thank you to the mods for the updated topic title.

Looks like it's on track with some differences, differences that can (and likely will) be overcome with CoD bundles and/or other assorted deals very easily.

Imagine a $199 CoD Series S bundle with 3/6 months of Game Pass. It's gonna sell like hotcakes.

Last edited:

playbignbox

Neo Member
Crisis core ain't the game to test this with.

Ffvii and mainline final fantasies would sell atleast 2 to 3 mill lifetime on xbox. That's extra more or less free money with a small port team and direct x ports.
So your estimates are higher than mine... maybe the console wars trolls will reply to your message with some stupid gif.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I don’t think price is the solution. Games are the solution. Christ, they’ve invested 80 billion on exclusives, show some muscle! I get that they have contractual obligations with call of duty and Indy, but what about ditching the PS5 Doom port? That’d be something. Something 5 years too late into the generation but something none the less. I think it’s a little too late for Series and it’s a shame but honestly if they don’t throw the towel and keep up until the next generation they can have a banger of a new generation full of exclusives to wrap the exciting new hardware that they release. Instead that idiot Phil is saying that the consoles aren’t working for them. Well no shit, consoles don’t work without games! Even “has no games” PS5 has had some solid exclusive bangers.

I really think this is what Phil wanted to do but his boss came in and said we won't subsidize your ego and incompetence for another 3-4 years so I want you to pay a call to PlayStation's third party hotline.

I think that Phil may have gotten away with the long-term plan, if he wasn't so god damned ineffective in short-medium term execution.

He just got so focused on trying to support Xbox by fighting battles in court to get more studios to manage he forgot to manage anything he already had leading to a situation internally where they didn't buy his BS anymore.

BigLee74

You’ve changed these past few months. I preferred you when you batted for Xbox like no other. 😂

Losing the previous generation so badly is what has really killed Xbox. Nobody wants to give up their digital library holding 100s of games. Lukewarm & mediocre first party releases certainly haven’t helped this gen, but that wouldn’t have turned them around either. The damage was done.

Oh yeah, and those that think the XSX is a bad machine don’t have a clue!

Phil was right in the sense that they lost the worst gen they could have. As a single console owner( the ps4 and now ps5), when I was buying next gen consoles back in 2020, I didn't even think about xbox. I loved my ps4, played a lot of bangers on it and my only option was ps5. I imagine that is true for a lot of people.

As for ps5 not being as good as ps4 when it comes to games, I guess I can agree a bit. Although I feel that is more due to third parties rather than first. Most ps5 games so far have been ports of ps4 games. They haven't utilised nor given the next gen experience that Sony first party games do. Astro is more current gen than most third party games. I believe that is also the reason why so many people are demanding more first party Sony games.

You’ve changed these past few months. I preferred you when you batted for Xbox like no other. 😂

Losing the previous generation so badly is what has really killed Xbox. Nobody wants to give up their digital library holding 100s of games. Lukewarm & mediocre first party releases certainly haven’t helped this gen, but that wouldn’t have turned them around either. The damage was done.

At this point I feel like if next gen Xbox was…

- more powerful than PS6
- had better exclusives than PS6
- was cheaper than PS6

…it still wouldn’t move the needle much.

PlayStation brand is huge and like you said they’re now heavily invested with digital libraries (along with trophies, friends lists etc).

It would take Sony screwing up on a massive scale at the same time for Xbox to have a comeback.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

I think we do need to take a look at their strategy this gen given their investment in it. I think we keep pretending that the damage was only done the previous gen and U think it is misguided at best (something tells me that if Phil does get replaced then people will start finding problems with the XSX|S era strategy that they are now attributing to the Xbox One era… because the cult of the leader has a problem with taking their current strategy to task as there is nobody but Phil they can blame while on Xbox One they can pretend it is “the previous guy” that doomed the entire generation and the management of Xbox studios whose current performance of course is now sole responsibility of Matt Booty, notice a pattern here ;)?).

SkylineRKR

Phil was right in the sense that they lost the worst gen they could have. As a single console owner( the ps4 and now ps5), when I was buying next gen consoles back in 2020, I didn't even think about xbox. I loved my ps4, played a lot of bangers on it and my only option was ps5. I imagine that is true for a lot of people.

As for ps5 not being as good as ps4 when it comes to games, I guess I can agree a bit. Although I feel that is more due to third parties rather than first. Most ps5 games so far have been ports of ps4 games. They haven't utilised nor given the next gen experience that Sony first party games do. Astro is more current gen than most third party games. I believe that is also the reason why so many people are demanding more first party Sony games.

Phil wasn't wrong per se. But MS should've changed their approach. If someone owned a PS4 and leans heavily towards a PS5, it doesn't mean they can't buy an Xbox next to it as well. They offered a 299 SKU for starters.

Meanwhile Xbox was heavily banking on Teraflops (a whopping 2TF difference), but on PS5 I did feel glimpses of a new gameplay experience with the DualSense. Their priorities have been wrong. Like with Kinect and X1, they read the market wrong again.

I think we do need to take a look at their strategy this gen given their investment in it. I think we keep pretending that the damage was only done the previous gen and U think it is misguided at best (something tells me that if Phil does get replaced then people will start finding problems with the XSX|S era strategy that they are now attributing to the Xbox One era… because the cult of the leader has a problem with taking their current strategy to task as there is nobody but Phil they can blame while on Xbox One they can pretend it is “the previous guy” that doomed the entire generation and the management of Xbox studios whose current performance of course is now sole responsibility of Matt Booty, notice a pattern here ;)?).

Probably won’t change much, seems like Satya Nadella is calling the shots more now and is behind the 3rd party push.

Phil just toes the party line now.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
At this point I feel like if next gen Xbox was…

- more powerful than PS6
- had better exclusives than PS6
- was cheaper than PS6

…it still wouldn’t move the needle much.
And it shouldn't move the needle.

Sometimes, we look at a very short time-frame and expect things to be different, but that is not how consumer behavior works. Trust in a brand matters a lot, and that's how businesses build brand loyalty.

Xbox has betrayed the trust of its customers time and time again. PlayStation hasn't done that in 20+ years (apart from the first few years of the PS3 generation).

So even if Xbox starts delivering amazing things today, it will take years and years of hard work to establish that trust in the first place. And with the recent steps that Xbox has taken (layoffs, consistently missing release dates, delivering under-par games, price increases, porting Xbox games to PS without proper roadmap for Xbox customers, etc.), it will take a lot more time.

And PlayStation isn't taking its foot off the pedal at all.

Alan Wake

I don’t think hardware is the problem. I’ve had a SX and it’s a great console. But the absence of software hits in 4 years deep into the generation is what make it weak. PS5 isn’t much better but since it’s the de facto console it didn’t needed to (specially with Xbox dropping the ball like this).
Astro Bot is just another example of a stellar PlayStation exclusive that Xbox cannot match. No wonder Spencer's saying exclusives are a thing of the past. For Xbox they clearly are.

Vroadstar

Explaining my post that you pulled from another thread to make fun, Crisis Core sold around 6% of total sales on Xbox. Since the main games are more relevant, I made a prediction that they would sell at most around 10% of the total number of sales if they were ported to Xbox... which would be around 500k for each game... at best.

Where exactly do you disagree with this comment? Or are you just a Sony fanboy who got upset because I said this is one of the worst generations of PlayStation home consoles?

Ah, so let’s gloss over the minor detail that a whopping 70% of sales were on PS5, while a mere 6% trickled in from Xbox. But hey, who’s counting, it's a win for Xbox and would move the needle to reduce that 4:1 ratio right? 😏

Bronze Medal Competition GIF by Digital Pratik

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™

Attributable in part to GamePass and its impact on game budgets. You can't throw Sony money on games that are going to be GamePass Day 1 games rather than games that sell for 70 dollars on their own. That's a reality Jim Ryan get skewered for trying to explain to people.

PlayStation's Jim Ryan: Our games could suffer if they went straight into PS Plus

There is no turning things around. The only question is how much brand damage do they do in their pivot and when.

Will they announce Halo on PS5 before GTA6 comes out? Because that would be a disaster. My guess is Halo won't hit PS5 until 2026.

Absolutely they are. I tried telling people for months here that sony was going to have a big push for their 30th anniversary. They have all the momentum and have had it since 2022.

Indy has a curious date that doesn't inspire confidence. It's like they're rushing it out before Christmas, but just barely... announcing the PS5 port before the game even released also didn't sound like they had much confidence in the game. Why buy an Xbox for Indiana Jones when you can just wait for the PS5 version a few months later. It's like saying if this is the game selling you, just wait and play it there. There also hasn't been a major press push for this game, though there is still time to change that. It's certainly not getting the Starfield treatment. Xbox as a result is going to miss black Friday as a major push for sales without a single system seller, though I'm sure there will be a CoD bundle.

They tried cutting the price of the XSX last year and it had no impact on sales.

See above. Microsoft is tired of subsidizing the Xbox brand. It has to stand on its own feet. That's been made pretty clear with the cuts in payroll, deals, and promotions.

playbignbox

Neo Member
Ah, so let’s gloss over the minor detail that a whopping 70% of sales were on PS5, while a mere 6% trickled in from Xbox. But hey, who’s counting, it's a win for Xbox and would move the needle to reduce that 4:1 ratio right? 😏

Bronze Medal Competition GIF by Digital Pratik
Who ignored the game's sales on PlayStation? Or who's talking about ports influencing Xbox hardware sales?

I just said that if the cost of ports is low and Square can make a few extra million with ports, I think they should do it... Square gets easy money and more players, plus the Xbox base is happy to play these excellent games.

Anyway, this is the last comment from you that I'm going to respond to. I really think you should grow up and leave the console wars behind, it seems like it's not doing you any good.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Astro Bot is just another example of a stellar PlayStation exclusive that Xbox cannot match. No wonder Spencer's saying exclusives are a thing of the past. For Xbox they clearly are.

It no longer makes sense for Microsoft to make games exclusively for Xbox. These exclusives aren't driving sales of Xbox consoles and they're not selling enough to get a return on investment.

Microsoft is betting that people will keep buying Xbox because they want to be in the Xbox ecosystem and not because of the games.

This bet will be interesting when we hear about Gears E-Day and the next Halo and whether that is Infinite, MCC, and Halo 1 remake, or a new game.

Microsoft Studios need more time and budget and a resolution of the contractor policy. Time and budget isn't something you're going to get with Day 1 GamePass existing... When is the last time Microsoft released a major AAA game that felt super polished and ready to go on day 1?

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Who ignored the game's sales on PlayStation? Or who's talking about ports influencing Xbox hardware sales?

I just said that if the cost of ports is low and Square can make a few extra million with ports, I think they should do it... Square gets easy money and more players, plus the Xbox base is happy to play these excellent games.

Anyway, this is the last comment from you that I'm going to respond to. I really think you should grow up and leave the console wars behind, it seems like it's not doing you any good.

Square Enix has a bigger problem than Xbox/PC ports.

They've alienated their core fans of traditional turned based JRPGs.

They simply don't make these games anymore and they're not good enough at other games to compete.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Probably won’t change much, seems like Satya Nadella is calling the shots more now and is behind the 3rd party push.

That's what happens when you ask your boss and the board for 80 billion dollars after promising your product is superior to your competition and still get outsold...

Anyone who blames Nadella rather than Spencer here is mistaken.

This is ultimately Phil's burden to bear.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Does Phil ever have ANY accountability at all? Sigh…

I do not think anyone wants him crucified but if one were trying to paint hardcore Xbox fans and blogging shills as “The Church of Phil Spencer” I would say they over achieved.

Last edited:

Felessan

Sales of FF15 were 10:1 in favor of playstation and I doubt it got any better since then.
So we are looking at 500-700k extra sales that easily can be omitted, especially if SE got some extra benefit in return, even a small one like focus coverage and dedicated SoPs (still free marketing)

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Attributable in part to GamePass and its impact on game budgets. You can't throw Sony money on games that are going to be GamePass Day 1 games rather than games that sell for 70 dollars on their own. That's a reality Jim Ryan get skewered for trying to explain to people.

PlayStation's Jim Ryan: Our games could suffer if they went straight into PS Plus

There is no turning things around. The only question is how much brand damage do they do in their pivot and when.

Will they announce Halo on PS5 before GTA6 comes out? Because that would be a disaster. My guess is Halo won't hit PS5 until 2026.

Absolutely they are. I tried telling people for months here that sony was going to have a big push for their 30th anniversary. They have all the momentum and have had it since 2022.

Indy has a curious date that doesn't inspire confidence. It's like they're rushing it out before Christmas, but just barely... announcing the PS5 port before the game even released also didn't sound like they had much confidence in the game. Why buy an Xbox for Indiana Jones when you can just wait for the PS5 version a few months later. It's like saying if this is the game selling you, just wait and play it there. There also hasn't been a major press push for this game, though there is still time to change that. It's certainly not getting the Starfield treatment. Xbox as a result is going to miss black Friday as a major push for sales without a single system seller, though I'm sure there will be a CoD bundle.

They tried cutting the price of the XSX last year and it had no impact on sales.

See above. Microsoft is tired of subsidizing the Xbox brand. It has to stand on its own feet. That's been made pretty clear with the cuts in payroll, deals, and promotions.

Brands, can always turn it around. Nothing is dead until it is confirmed dead. You don't have to be number 1 to be successful. I think that is one of the major problem with the perception of console gaming. There can only be a winner and second place. I see companies like Asus and others pumping out these handhelds and I cant help but think as long as its making money its all good.

Xbox can still be a succesful business, the only problem is there are tons of people that think that can only be demonstrated in console sales. They could drop hardware completely, have it subsidised by another company like Asus and still be successful. Look at windows. They are a software company.

I see all of your points and they make complete sense though.

Series S at 200 dollars would do wonders for unit numbers but could be a major hit on the bottom line, so like you said, completely unfeasible.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Brands, can always turn it around. Nothing is dead until it is confirmed dead. You don't have to be number 1 to be successful. I think that is one of the major problem with the perception of console gaming. There can only be a winner and second place. I see companies like Asus and others pumping out these handhelds and I cant help but think as long as its making money its all good.

You don't need to be #1 to be successful, but momentum is real, especially in consoles. What you have to realize is that at a certain level of units sold, it's not even worth it for developers to make games for your platform, which is something we're already seeing. This is especially true since a not insignificant number of Xbox console owners simply don't buy games and rely on GamePass.

All these other companies are pumping out hardware at a profit.

If Dreamcast had a digital storefront, maybe Sega could have stayed in the game, but splitting their margins with retail didn't result in a high enough operating income.

Microsoft isn't "dead" but their future as a console maker is at least in the traditional market.

Xbox can still be a succesful business, the only problem is there are tons of people that think that can only be demonstrated in console sales. They could drop hardware completely, have it subsidised by another company like Asus and still be successful. Look at windows. They are a software company.

I guess that depends on how you define success. Profitable perhaps. In terms of relevance though? No. That would result in people largely losing interest in Xbox. We've already seen that Xbox is basically tapped out in terms of sales and we're only half way through the generation (albeit a long generation). It won't reach 40 million units.

An Asus Xbox is going to do half that.

I see all of your points and they make complete sense though.

Series S at 200 dollars would do wonders for unit numbers but could be a major hit on the bottom line, so like you said, completely unfeasible.

Not only is it not feasible, but Microsoft tried this. They tried selling it for 200. It didn't sell very well.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
PlayStation fans celebrating as the console industry drops to two platforms, and Sony’s raising prices.

Keep on winning!
I don't think anyone wants Xbox to fail, I expect there is some comfort in them doing so badly that it almost ensures that they have to keep the Activision games on Playstation and even bring more to Switch 2 in order to be sustainable (and I mean actually sustainable and not heavily subsidised).

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Ffvii and mainline final fantasies would sell atleast 2 to 3 mill lifetime on xbox.
No way! Not this gen’s Xbox. The fans of those games already chose their platforms and on console, that is PlayStation.

SmokedMeat SmokedMeat

Instead of attacking PS fans, y’all should have been giving Microsoft a hard time about their screw-ups (as Nintendo and PlayStation players have no problem doing when one of them drops the ball). This is one of the reasons it doesn’t change and why Xbox hardware is where it is.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
No way! Not this gen’s Xbox. The fans of those games already chose their platforms and on console, that is PlayStation.

SmokedMeat SmokedMeat

Instead of attacking PS fans, y’all should have been giving Microsoft a hard time about their screw-ups (as Nintendo and PlayStation players have no problem doing when one of them drops the ball). This is one of the reasons it doesn’t change and why Xbox hardware is where it is.

Those fans don't seem to be buying the games on PlayStation going by Squares comments today so maybe they've moved to PC. I can't work out where they've gone if it isn't there.

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Those fans don't seem to be buying the games on PlayStation going by Squares comments today so maybe they've moved to PC. I can't work out where they've gone if it isn't there.

The reason is not necessarily due to PS fans. Its the aging demographic of FF core fanbase! Yes I bought and enjoyed FFX on PS2 when I was younger, now though.. not interested in the franchise. Plus new generation of younger gamers has been leaning towards completely different genres (Fortnight, Roblox, Minecraft ..etc)
Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil are no longer the juggernaut franchises they used to be.

The reason is not necessarily due to PS fans. Its the aging demographic of FF core fanbase! Yes I bought and enjoyed FFX on PS2 when I was younger, now though.. not interested in the franchise. Plus new generation of younger gamers has been leaning towards completely different genres (Fortnight, Roblox, Minecraft ..etc)
Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil are no longer the juggernaut franchises they used to be.

Resi’s bigger than ever…

kry2yxb.jpeg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PlayStation fans celebrating as the console industry drops to two platforms, and Sony’s raising prices.

Keep on winning!
But when Xbox totally stops making consoles Sony will be a good guy and make a very powerful PS6 with a disc drive included for $399 even though there wont be any other console to turn to

ByWatterson

Unique titles develop a brand loyalty.

Xbox simply doesn't have a Kratos or a Drake or an Astro or a Joel. They never even tried to compete in the narrative space. They don't have anything quirky. They got rid of their only Japanese team. The ONE cool character they had, Master Chief, they drove into the ground.

They have no sense of who the customer is and therefore no chance at establishing brand loyalty.

Last edited:

Astray

Square Enix has a bigger problem than Xbox/PC ports.

They've alienated their core fans of traditional turned based JRPGs.

They simply don't make these games anymore and they're not good enough at other games to compete.
I was talking about Square in another thread just now, and I genuinely think there's a high quality effort-post that can be had about their problems.

They are easily the most mismanaged major publisher out there. Especially when compared to companies like SEGA, who have a smaller overall trove of IP (reminder that Square owns a major manga publisher that they barely used to make games or assist with game conception etc). The way they also mismanaged the Eidos studios into a fire sale situation should be massive cause for concern too.

Not only is it not feasible, but Microsoft tried this. They tried selling it for 200. It didn't sell very well.
Maybe you saw something I didn't, but iirc, the Series S went down to $150 at Target, and the Series X went down to $350.

Those are super deep cuts that still didn't result in any meaningful sales momentum.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Microsoft threw in the towel ages ago, so this is no great surprise, the issue now is. if they still plan to release the next Xbox in 2026, what will their strategy behind it be....

The XBONE and Series X/S are just straight-up bad consoles with little or underwhelming exclusive games

would be insane if Microsoft went out with one of the most dogshit consoles ever
I mean outside of SEGA most companies go out after bad products. SEGA just happened to go out with one of the best consoles of all time.

I sometimes wonder what it would be like if SEGA hadn't failed, and Microsoft never entered the race.

Keep on winning!
I am cheering because i want Apple or Amazon to throw their hat into the ring, once Xbox exits.
We are not the same.

Unique titles develop a brand loyalty.

Xbox simply doesn't have a Kratos or a Drake or an Astro or a Joel. They never even tried to compete in the narrative space. They don't have anything quirky. They got rid of their only Japanese team. The ONE cool character they had, Master Chief, they drove into the ground.

They have no sense of who the customer is and therefore no chance at establishing brand loyalty.
Xbox Had Killer Instinct. And yet mysteriously, Xbox REFUSED to fund a sequel. I have no idea why. Killer Instinct 2 would have been the EASY thing to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom