• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Either the 30th anniversary bundle or the standard PS5 PRO I'll be happy with. I refuse to pay a scalper.

Scalpers might TRY with the PS5 Pro(not including the 30th, just regular) but I don't think they'll have success.

I remember working at GameStop around the Wii U time and scalpers failed on that one. I had one bring in 3 systems and tried to return them.

I refused and he demanded to speak to the district manager, who happened to be there at the time. DM traced his receipts and card and showed him the purchases(it was like 7 or 8 on launch day), the limit of one console only, the fact his card said eBay, and "we can refuse return for any reason and also, we don't support resellers, have a nice day".

Last edited:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Speaking of scalpers - how likely are they even to attempt the 30th? We're talking a bundle that will likely cost north of 1200 in Europe - and short of Pro being a resounding success - who would even buy that at a further markup later?
Ie. if regular is likely to fail for scalpers - the LE would be a non-starter on price alone?

King Dazzar

I'm no expert, but I'd have thought scalpers would aim for normal retail post 10th Oct, rather than PS direct from the 26th Sept. Subject to region of course.

They recently attacked the drives here in the UK and stock has been coming back into normal retail in response, which is a good sign. HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 shared a tweet iirc saying Sony were in a good position stock wise too, for launch.

Gerdav

I am 100% getting one but I don’t think these will be difficult to get, unless I am losing the plot I don’t remember in the uk at least PS4 Pro’s being difficult to get at any stage including launch day, the absolute worst case scenario imo is not being able to get one for a matter of weeks at most

And in regards the disks drive when you actually think about it have scalpers really cleared out the stock? I ordered one after the reveal and I’m sure other people who know they are getting a pro did, but how much stock was there really, it’s a product that until now has only been for those buying a digital slim console, if you wanted a slim PS5 with a disk drive you buy the disk version where it comes included and already attacked, so I suspect it was only being manufactured in extremely limited quantities to begin with, it’s why stock has come back so fast, Sony had likely ramped up production in advance of the Pros release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Kings Field

Don’t depend on GameStop in store for any preorders. When the fuck up happened with the PS5 and they opened preorders I went to my store the second Wario posted and they claimed all their preorders were accounted for. Thankfully another GameStop a few minutes away weren’t scumbags and I got my preorder in.

They fired the store manager of the first store. He apparently preordered all of the consoles they had allocated the minute they popped up.

If I don’t get one on direct on the 26th I will sit out front of my GameStop and also have Amazon and Best Buy ready to go.

tommib

So what are the tips to try to get this when pre-orders are open via PlayStation Direct? I’m in the Netherlands and I bet the whole site will crumble down in seconds.

Don’t depend on GameStop in store for any preorders. When the fuck up happened with the PS5 and they opened preorders I went to my store the second Wario posted and they claimed all their preorders were accounted for. Thankfully another GameStop a few minutes away weren’t scumbags and I got my preorder in.

They fired the store manager of the first store. He apparently preordered all of the consoles they had allocated the minute they popped up.

If I don’t get one on direct on the 26th I will sit out front of my GameStop and also have Amazon and Best Buy ready to go.
Yup I don't trust them and good luck to people already trading in their ps5s just for them to say their store will only receive 2.

FrankWza

It's not going to be that bad. This will not be like a PS5 first day, just a small bunch of people will be interested.
Don't be so sure. Certain territories will be under shipped regardless so it will see higher demand vs supply somewhere. There are still plenty of gamers waiting to jump into this gen and PlayStation is still millions from the inevitable 100 million console sales

Little Mac

Gold Member
Hopefully it's nothing but bad news all week I want the sky to be falling so I can get my preorder

Surprised Wait What GIF

Kings Field

Yup I don't trust them and good luck to people already trading in their ps5s just for them to say their store will only receive 2.

Yep. The store I did get my preorder in only had 5 disc and 2 digital. When i did the series x preorder it was 4 and I was third in line. They did get more as the holidays approached but bundled them with a lot of garbage. Coworker got screwed for $200 worth of junk thrown into the bundle.

Yep. The store I did get my preorder in only had 5 disc and 2 digital. When i did the series x preorder it was 4 and I was third in line. They did get more as the holidays approached but bundled them with a lot of garbage. Coworker got screwed for $200 worth of junk thrown into the bundle.

So you’re saying they’re pro bundle which is gonna be $900 which will probably have a PS Pro, no extra disc drive, one extra cheap ass controller, a disc cleaner, and a warranty for a disc drive isn’t gonna be a good deal?

Kings Field

So you’re saying they’re pro bundle which is gonna be $900 which will probably have a PS Pro, no extra disc drive, one extra cheap ass controller, a disc cleaner, and a warranty for a disc drive isn’t gonna be a good deal?
I wouldn’t doubt if they throw together a $1,000 bundle tbh with absolute garbage.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

A leaker has revealed some of the prices for the PlayStation 30th anniversary collection, which includes the limited edition PS5 slim and DualSense controller.

The information comes from reputable dataminer and leaker billbil-kun (via dealabs), who has revealed the prices for the PS5 Slim (Digital Edition) console bundle and the DualSense 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Wireless Controller. According to the leaker, the prices are as follows:

PS5 Slim (Digital Edition) console bundle$499.99 USD (rumored to cost €519.99 and £449.99)
DualSense 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Wireless Controller$79.99 USD (rumored to cost €79.99 and £69.99)

As rightfully pointed out by the community, the prices don’t appear to be as high as expected and while this information is nearly leaks at this stage and should be taken with a pinch of salt, the leaker does obtain his information from the backend of website stores, so it’s almost certain accurate.

While the dataminer couldn’t find any information on the other limited edition items, including the hotly anticipated PS5 Pro console bundle and PlayStation Portal, the prices of the two items suggest that they won’t be as high as people were hoping. However, it should be stressed that the 30th anniversary PS5 Pro console bundle, which will include a PlayStation 5 Pro (already retails for $699), DualSense Edge wireless controller, and more will almost certainly be over the $1000. Hopefully, us UK and European folk won’t get burned to hard on the conversation rates there (wishful thinking, I know).

Bahh, wrong thread belongs in the LE thread

Last edited:

Kings Field

A leaker has revealed some of the prices for the PlayStation 30th anniversary collection, which includes the limited edition PS5 slim and DualSense controller.

The information comes from reputable dataminer and leaker billbil-kun (via dealabs), who has revealed the prices for the PS5 Slim (Digital Edition) console bundle and the DualSense 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Wireless Controller. According to the leaker, the prices are as follows:

PS5 Slim (Digital Edition) console bundle$499.99 USD (rumored to cost €519.99 and £449.99)
DualSense 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Wireless Controller$79.99 USD (rumored to cost €79.99 and £69.99)

As rightfully pointed out by the community, the prices don’t appear to be as high as expected and while this information is nearly leaks at this stage and should be taken with a pinch of salt, the leaker does obtain his information from the backend of website stores, so it’s almost certain accurate.

While the dataminer couldn’t find any information on the other limited edition items, including the hotly anticipated PS5 Pro console bundle and PlayStation Portal, the prices of the two items suggest that they won’t be as high as people were hoping. However, it should be stressed that the 30th anniversary PS5 Pro console bundle, which will include a PlayStation 5 Pro (already retails for $699), DualSense Edge wireless controller, and more will almost certainly be over the $1000. Hopefully, us UK and European folk won’t get burned to hard on the conversation rates there (wishful thinking, I know).

Bahh, wrong thread belongs in the LE thread

I think $999.99 would be a great price but I can see it being $1100 or so.

Yeah this thing is such a waste, no real upgrade. Impossible to tell the difference between this and the base model. Can’t believe it costs this much, definitely it worth it, no games announced, so we shouldn’t even worry about it. Only small cadre of hard core GaMErs with money to burn Sony simps are interested if you ask me.

Hopefully no one got to this point and I scared a few off…because this thing’s going to fly off the shelves and I can’t be having another ps5 situation. F5 F5 F5

digdug2

Yeah this thing is such a waste, no real upgrade. Impossible to tell the difference between this and the base model. Can’t believe it costs this much, definitely it worth it, no games announced, so we shouldn’t even worry about it. Only small cadre of hard core GaMErs with money to burn Sony simps are interested if you ask me.

Hopefully no one got to this point and I scared a few off…because this thing’s going to fly off the shelves and I can’t be having another ps5 situation. F5 F5 F5
I can tell you right now that this simp won't be deterred.

Radical_3d

I doubt you’ll have problems with this one. It’s the 30th anniversary edition the one that’s going to fly.

Justin9mm

Talking about launch day availability, I'm pretty sure there is always a limited amount of stock for launch depending on country. Then after that, Sony will ship what they need. If you miss out on launch, you'll certainly get one in the next shipment batch. I think scalpers are going to ultimately lose out on this one. I'm really hoping some get fucked over wasting money on Pros they can't move if they try.

digdug2

I doubt you’ll have problems with this one. It’s the 30th anniversary edition the one that’s going to fly.
There's no doubt. The scalpers are going to be coming out of the woodwork for the 30th Anniversary Edition.
face-among-ivy.jpg
stock-photo-elderly-or-senior-man-hiding-in-the-bushes-and-peering-out-2279041603.jpg
stock-photo-young-man-is-hiding-behind-a-green-bush-and-is-peeping-for-a-joke-in-park-in-vienna-austria-1320908768.jpg
stock-photo-a-man-looks-through-binoculars-from-behind-the-bushes-2514074759.jpg

There are clowns on eBay trying to sell them for $3000 already and they haven't even fucking secured one yet.

Speaking of scalpers - how likely are they even to attempt the 30th? We're talking a bundle that will likely cost north of 1200 in Europe - and short of Pro being a resounding success - who would even buy that at a further markup later?
Ie. if regular is likely to fail for scalpers - the LE would be a non-starter on price alone?
The 30th will be worth many times the price of its cost in a few years. Few will be able to buy it because of scalpers.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
The 30th will be worth many times the price of its cost in a few years.
The only 20th editions that go for high price are unopened boxes. Makes me wonder if anyone actually pays for those or they're just sitting on e-bay forever, either way a waste of plastic as paying 1000 Euro for one now will clearly only be people that will keep it unopened forever.
Same for 500M editions - except prices are even lower despite it being a Pro.

Anyway - I wasn't under impression scalpers buy anything to sit on for years - usually they look for quick turn-around. If you keep these for 5-10 years it takes for the price to go up significantly you're already a collector.
Still wasting plastic/product for legitimate users - but it's not as abhorrent as people that flip them 1-3 months in.

Zacfoldor

Damn I hate this shit. Why can't Sony just take my preorder and send me one when they make it? Just take every preorder and start billing cards once they are manufactured. Why isn't that be the obvious way this would work?

The second best way is to simply research my account, use AI to make sure I buy a lot of games and then sell it to me first in an email. I buy so many games I should absolutely get priority over a fucking scalper. I never understand this shit, it should be so easy to resolve but they are too busy making Concord. If I and my gaming compatriots here somehow don't get one on day 1, Sony will be who loses out so they should work on that.

Last edited:

jm89

Scalpers already tapped out in the UK trying to scalp the disc drive.

I suspect most other countries it will be the same soon.

Last edited:
The scalping is already kind of insane on the non-limited ordinary product disc drive

There is no way on Earth a normal human will be able to get one of the 12,300 Pro consoles

100% sold to scalpers except for the promotional ones sent to influencers

Why Sony made this such a limited product is mind-bogglingly retarded

"Hey guys let's celebrate Playstation's 30th anniversary by making a product only a few scalpers on Earth will ever be able to buy!"

Last edited:
The scalping is already kind of insane on the non-limited ordinary product disc drive

There is no way on Earth a normal human will be able to get one of the 12,300 Pro consoles

"Hey guys let's celebrate Playstation's 30th anniversary by making a product only a few scalpers on Earth will ever be able to buy!"

The way PSdirect works there's no way it goes 100% to scalpers. They were setting up queues before so you can't use a bot to just buy them all instantly. There will be a queue again and sure some scalpers will get them but not all of them.

jm89

The 30th anniversary pro should be time limited rather then quantity limited.

Maybe allow it to be only ordered for a week/month. Shits gonna be expensive so it's not exactly gonna be selling 10s of millions so will still feel rare down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
They were releasing everything on both PS4 and PS5 for a while. Still got plenty of PS4 games to plow through. It's only in the last year or two that I'm finally seeing some "PS5 exclusive" games. Still no need to get one yet.

jm89

Damn I hate this shit. Why can't Sony just take my preorder and send me one when they make it? Just take every preorder and start billing cards once they are manufactured. Why isn't that be the obvious way this would work?
Alot more retailers should be doing this. It's gonna be somewhat effective dealing with scalpers, fuckers won't know when stock is going out which will make them not be able to tell how stock limited a product is.

Bojji

Scalpers already tapped out in the UK trying to scalp the disc drive.

I suspect most other countries it will be the same soon.

It's the same here in Poland.

Fun times ahead for people that want to use their discs on PS5 Pro.

Top Bottom