• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

dmaul1114

Neo Member
That pricing made me consider moving to PC in the near future, as I do not play that much on PS5 nowadays. PC has a wider selection of genres, but I do not know if I will want to sit at the same desk for work and playing games, plus it might turn out I will not play these genres (like RTS) anyways - maybe I've just become too old for regular gaming. The future of PS doesn't look too player friendly anyway, with online saves behind paywall, no Bluray drive for PS6 (most likely), and potential PS Plus price hikes.

No way to have your PC hooked up to the same TV you game on? I don't like the PC exclusive/focused genres like RTS, Sim games, MOBAs etc, and hate keyboard mouse controls and don't want to sit at my desk when not working either.

But I just have my PC in the corner in my office/mancave and a 10' HDMI cable running to my receiver so I just do all my PC gaming (not much in recent years as it's very dated) from my reclining love seat with an Xbox controller.

Though I realize not everyone has the space to make that happen and it's pricey to buy a gaming PC just to hook up to a TV in the living room for gaming and another PC in a small office room elsewhere in the house etc.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
No way to have your PC hooked up to the same TV you game on? I don't like the PC exclusive/focused genres like RTS, Sim games, MOBAs etc, and hate keyboard mouse controls and don't want to sit at my desk when not working either.

But I just have my PC in the corner in my office/mancave and a 10' HDMI cable running to my receiver so I just do all my PC gaming (not much in recent years as it's very dated) from my reclining love seat with an Xbox controller.

Though I realize not everyone has the space to make that happen and it's pricey to buy a gaming PC just to hook up to a TV in the living room for gaming and another PC in a small office room elsewhere in the house etc.

I actually just had the urge to pull out my 35' cable (don't need it to be that long apparently based on my room), from my Studio room to the living room (LG B3 OLED) it isn't that bad. Though the wireless controller will need to get connected to a cable to ensure there's no connectivity issues.

I think I'm slowly bringing PC back into the fray. Now just wondering if I should pull the trigger on the 4070 ti or wait.

dmaul1114

Neo Member
I would have space, but then it defeats the purpose for me, as the main advantage of PC (in my view) are titles played with K+M, and these are best played on a desk.

Got you. Moot for me since I don't like K + M controls. Advantage of PC for me is just getting all my games (sans Nintendo if I stick with them) on one hardware platform, better graphics, options for mods and can play everything with the same controller.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I would have space, but then it defeats the purpose for me, as the main advantage of PC (in my view) are titles played with K+M, and these are best played on a desk.

Got you. Moot for me since I don't like K + M controls. Advantage of PC for me is just getting all my games (sans Nintendo if I stick with them) on one hardware platform, better graphics, options for mods and can play everything with the same controller.

To be an absolute silly bugger, who spends too much on pc stuff you can have a triple display like me. Main screen 260hz 32 inch main monitor with a secondary, kb and mouse in the desk. Then I went and bought a 3rd 48" LG OLED to hook up to the side on a separate table. So if it's what i consider a controller game, especially with good graphics, I can spin my chair, sit back and relax on some large screen oled bangers at 144Hz.

Breaks the wallet but it's worth it.

Onto ps5 pro. It will be the best place for those that want that big screen experience with closer to pc/resolution settings.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I’ll drink everyone’s cum on this entire forum if it breaks the 8m mark.

However, we do not expect to see a price drop on PlayStation hardware this year or in the first half of 2025. We estimate the PS5 Pro will account for roughly 10% of lifetime PS5 sales, pushing it over 10 million units.

sprite GIF

GametimeUK

I watched the uncompressed 4K presentation on my TV, the same TV I'd use the console on, and while you can see a difference it's very marginal and not enough to convince most people to spend SIX HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS.
What's your opinion on Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth on Pro vs base model?

dmaul1114

Neo Member
To be an absolute silly bugger, who spends too much on pc stuff you can have a triple display like me. Main screen 260hz 32 inch main monitor with a secondary, kb and mouse in the desk. Then I went and bought a 3rd 48" LG OLED to hook up to the side on a separate table. So if it's what i consider a controller game, especially with good graphics, I can spin my chair, sit back and relax on some large screen oled bangers at 144Hz.

Breaks the wallet but it's worth it.

Onto ps5 pro. It will be the best place for those that want that big screen experience with closer to pc/resolution settings.

I have a strong aversion to sitting in my desk chair or touching a keyboard or mouse when not working, lol.

So I prefer my set up of just plopping onto my comfy reclining love seat on the other wall and gaming on my 65" TV, be it a PC game or a console one. :D

Not 24/7 MSRP but there have been some crazy sales in the UK. I think I got my second OG design PS5 for like £350 with the disk drive from Very in the UK. That was like £130 off.
So managed to find myself a used PS5 slim off FB for 350 euros( 2 years warranty left) with a new controller(warranty replacement as the original controller had malfunctioning buttons) and two games. After nearly 4 years in I'm finally in the PS5 family. Next up; grabbing a physical copy of Astrobot.

Cakeboxer

So managed to find myself a used PS5 slim off FB for 350 euros( 2 years warranty left) with a new controller(warranty replacement as the original controller had malfunctioning buttons) and two games. After nearly 4 years in I'm finally in the PS5 family. Next up; grabbing a physical copy of Astrobot.
How do you have 2 years warranty left when Sony only gives 1 year? You mean some retailer guarantee i guess.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm ready to count up all the lol emojis I was given for saying that there was a strong chance of physical coming to an end next gen.

I didn't realise Sony would be getting a headstart and doing it THIS gen. 😂

Radical_3d

I'm ready to count up all the lol emojis I was given for saying that there was a strong chance of physical coming to an end next gen.

I didn't realise Sony would be getting a headstart and doing it THIS gen. 😂
They are just clearing stock on those detachable disk drives. They know their target is all of us who bought the PS5 at launch with a disk drive and we have disk games to enhance in their Pro console.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Awesome! - Astro Bot is incredible! Enjoy.

rotorfire

Neo Member
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Awesome! - Astro Bot is incredible! Enjoy.
That will probably be the only PS5 game I buy for a while. Most of the reason I bought it is to get back access to my digital PS4 games. Eventually I may grab something like Demon Soul and TLOU 2 on sale down the road. Typically I don't buy games at full MSRP, but I'm making an exception for Astro. I want to do my part to show Sony we need more of these games.

Last edited:

Caio

Alright folks, here’s the master plan: I just need to find 10 of you, who hopefully enjoy my sense of humor and my occasional descent into madness, and are entertained by my slightly unhinged posts. Each of you will generously donate €50, helping me hit €500, and then I’ll chip in the remaining €299 to buy the glorious PS5 PRO. That way, I can bask in the full magnificence of Astro Bot and FFVII Rebirth. It’s a win-win, right ?

Last edited:
Sony is going the way of the dodo similar to 3DO.
Powerful overpriced console with almost non-existent exclusives.

Sony is predictable in one thing: It seems to consistently fail in everything due to incompetent leaders - TV, smartphone, laptop, cams, and now consoles. This gen sucks for consoles.

I for one intend to bail out soon from the sinking Sony PS ecosystem.

war boat GIF

Last edited:

Radical_3d

Sony is predictable in one thing: It seems to consistently fail in everything due to incompetent leaders - TV, smartphone, laptop, cams, and now consoles. This gen sucks for consoles.

war boat GIF
Meanwhile, in the shrinking ship:
most-profitable-generation-to-date-1717025772665.jpg

By the way, the 3DO was underpowered and didn’t have an alternative cheap SKU. I know because I was there… I was there 3.000 years ago…

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

war boat GIF
If I can be perfectly honest Sony is starting to tread in dangerous waters for me as their big boy 1st party games have been seriously lacking

I know its very ironic that Phil and Ybarra celebrated Ryans promotion saying he would run PS into the ground while the Xbox ship had already clipped the iceberg and was taking on water

But its looking like they weren't wrong

Radical_3d

If I can be perfectly honest Sony is starting to tread in dangerous waters for me as their big boy 1st party games have been seriously lacking

I know its very ironic that Phil and Ybarra celebrated Ryans promotion saying he would run PS into the ground while the Xbox ship had already clipped the iceberg and was taking on water

But its looking like they weren't wrong
They said that? They were not wrong but I want to see the sauce for something so juicy yet so true.

Top Bottom